• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I've noticed, but I have been waiting for someone else to post to avoid double posting. And another reason might just be because everyone was nearly 100% sure it was going to happen. I was it very excited because I knew it was going to happen, just a matter of when. I figured this would happen and would probably end up evolving into Incenaroar during the battle between Nanu whenever he actually takes on the trials of Ula'Ula.

It will probably be happening within a few episode before the Ultra Guardian Arc starts.

While we are at it, I don't know if Ash will catch Poipole, but I think it is possible, but only very slight. Its stats are only as high as a Final Starter Evolution. But Poipole will definitely be the Nebby of this Arc.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I noticed it I'm just not very active here much these days. Still hoping for Decidueye. Maybe Poipole will be the fifth team member (and Sandshrew as the sixth).

Wanting some team changes for the classmates. Evolutions or captures for their respective goals.

I've noticed, but I have been waiting for someone else to post to avoid double posting. And another reason might just be because everyone was nearly 100% sure it was going to happen. I was it very excited because I knew it was going to happen, just a matter of when. I figured this would happen and would probably end up evolving into Incenaroar during the battle between Nanu whenever he actually takes on the trials of Ula'Ula.

It will probably be happening within a few episode before the Ultra Guardian Arc starts.

While we are at it, I don't know if Ash will catch Poipole, but I think it is possible, but only very slight. Its stats are only as high as a Final Starter Evolution. But Poipole will definitely be the Nebby of this Arc.

As an aside, you're allowed to double post in PokeAni.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I noticed it I'm just not very active here much these days. Still hoping for Decidueye. Maybe Poipole will be the fifth team member (and Sandshrew as the sixth).

Wanting some team changes for the classmates. Evolutions or captures for their respective goals.

As an aside, you're allowed to double post in PokeAni.

Yeah I know. But I still don't really like double posting if no one has replied in a long time.

But yeah I am also really hoping everyone else gets a pokemon. I don't know if much captureing will happen until Ula'Ula though. I kinda wish they would get back to the Trials and at least head to Ula'ula.....

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With a special look trailer found on youtube. It does seem like Ash will be catching Ultra Beasts. They may not be his, he will probably give them to Aether. But by the preview of one episode, everyone is cheering with Ash holding a Beast Ball, which tells me he will be catching and possibly using Poipole.

Although I will say this, if Ash does catch Poipole. Uses it in the League and evolves it, Ash will probably release the pokemon at the end of the Saga.

Last edited:
Years
Although I will say this, if Ash does catch Poipole. Uses it in the League and evolves it, Ash will probably release the pokemon at the end of the Saga.

I do believe Poipole will only be temporary, and that Ash finishes another region with an incomplete team, since only three of his Kalos Pokemon went back to Oak's lab with him.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With the name of the upcoming episode, Episode 1007: Ash and Passimian! A Touchdown of Friendship!!

It seems very very possible that Ash will be catching a Passimian. However, this isn't the first time a title has been misleading about a pokemon capture. But as I have said in the past, Passimian is literally the perfect pokemon for Ash. They look for a trainer who knows how to throw a poke ball and we know Ash has always been special about that. And Ash almost always gets a fighting type pokemon he also usually catches a monkey pokemon.

And if Ash uses Poipole, this will be the last pokemon on Ash's team. And I have predicted Ash catching Passimian sense Passimian was first reveled.

Last edited:
Years
I doubt he will catch it. You can check the thread in Episode Discussion. It says he will meet a group of Passimian. Anyway, maybe he can bond with the one and catch it? We'll see!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So... um...

Is no one going to mention that in the latest CoroCoro pic posted on Serebii.net about the next arc the Sun and Moon anime is going into (which is clearly a Power Rangers rip-off)...

That one of the pokemon is clearly Torracat?

Looks like a Litten evolution is coming...

Just saying... =/

The fact that I was the first to mention/notice/post this kind of astounds me honestly...

o_O

Wouldn't call it a Power Rangers rip-off. More like Voltron, which I do believe came before it. Go look up Voltron and you'll see similarities.

As for what Ash will catch next, honestly there have been ample opportunities for him to add to his Team. As to what Ash will get, I'm pretty much in a wait and see mode because when you think Ash is going to catch something, he never does. What I would like to see is Lillie or one of the Female Trainers catch a 2nd Pokemon. I mean they highlighted that problem in the last Mallow-centric Episode which was over 20 Episodes ago. Its been pretty much Ash, our male protagonist, Lillie our female protagonist, and everyone else(an issue that has been plaguing Sun and Moon from the get-go).

Years
While there's a chance the episode title could be misleading, I still think Passimian would make a nice Pokemon for Ash's team since he usually tends to catch a Fighting-type.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
While there's a chance the episode title could be misleading, I still think Passimian would make a nice Pokemon for Ash's team since he usually tends to catch a Fighting-type.

Agree. Passimian was the fighting pokemon alongside of a Crabrawler I would have thought he would catch, but there hasn't really been a connection to him or a Crabrawler in any episodes that they are in, so I don't think he will catch a Crabrawler. I think he would have by now if that was the case.

Bewear is basically off limits since it is more of a Team Rocket pokemon, even though they haven't caught it.

That leaves Passimian. I cannot find the thing that lead me to believe he was a candidate for Ash to catch, but I am sure it is somewhere in this thread or another thread. I will see if I can find it again.

We also have Jangmo-o, but I don't see him catching another Pseudo Pokemon so soon.

Also, in the newest opening, the Passimian are seen running at the start of the opening which is a bit random compared to the rest of the opening. May not be anything, but I think it is worth mentioning.

Edit: Found it. Directly from Pokemon.com
https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-ca/pokemon/passimian/

Passimian live in troops of 20 to 30 individuals, all following a leader. This leader will take 10 of the individuals in the best condition to search for food. The troop's teamwork is strong, and the boss of each troop decides what mark members will wear on their arms to distinguish the troops.

The boss puts the troop members through training to improve their coordination with one another and their skill in handling Berries. Apparently this training is so hard that some Passimian end up running away.

Lobbing Berries at foes is how Passimian attack. They sometimes work in coordination with others, passing Berries back and forth to bewilder their opponents. Passimian don't just pitch hard Berries at opponents, either—they also have a technique that uses soft Berries to obscure their opponent's ability to see.

Passimian wants its Trainer to have the qualities of a leader as well. It watches a Trainer's form closely when he or she throws Poké Balls, and will not listen to the orders of a Trainer with poor form.

Passimian has a new Ability, Receiver, which no other Pokémon has previously had. With the Receiver Ability, this Pokémon can inherit the Ability of an ally who faints in battle.

This is why I have always thought Ash would probably catch a Passimian, but we will see.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Agree. Passimian was the fighting pokemon alongside of a Crabrawler I would have thought he would catch, but there hasn't really been a connection to him or a Crabrawler in any episodes that they are in, so I don't think he will catch a Crabrawler. I think he would have by now if that was the case.

Bewear is basically off limits since it is more of a Team Rocket pokemon, even though they haven't caught it.

That leaves Passimian. I cannot find the thing that lead me to believe he was a candidate for Ash to catch, but I am sure it is somewhere in this thread or another thread. I will see if I can find it again.

We also have Jangmo-o, but I don't see him catching another Pseudo Pokemon so soon.

Also, in the newest opening, the Passimian are seen running at the start of the opening which is a bit random compared to the rest of the opening. May not be anything, but I think it is worth mentioning.

Edit: Found it. Directly from Pokemon.com
https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-ca/pokemon/passimian/

This is why I have always thought Ash would probably catch a Passimian, but we will see.

While Ash is indeed a possibility, the line that struck me was Passimian wanting a Trainer with "Leadership Qualities". Now of the six protagonists, who among them is considered the "quasi-Leader"? Answer: Mallow. I would not be surprised, and honestly thrilled, if Mallow was to capture one. Only other possibility would be Lillie but I don't think her inexperience meshes with this Pokemon(much less Fighting Types).

Years
Apparently it looks like Litten will evolve in the next episode, and Incineroar will also make its debut in the main anime. Yes it did appear in M20, but that's a separate thing.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Apparently it looks like Litten will evolve in the next episode, and Incineroar will also make its debut in the main anime. Yes it did appear in M20, but that's a separate thing.

If you're correct on your guess then I'm going to make one for a future Episode. I'm going to call it now that when Aia and Kana(the two Sea Tribe people(too similar to Avatar's Water Tribe for my liking...)) who helped Lana master Hydro Vortex return to the anime that Lana's Popplio will evolve to Brionne. Largely because I expect Aia's Brionne to have evolved into Primarina, hence there will be similarities between the two Episodes.

Granted it'd be more development for Lana, all the while leaving Mallow to wallow with a single Pokemon that hasn't even reached its final Evolution. I swear its a freaking crime with how Mallow has been handled.

Years
I figured this would make for a good discussion.

So, what you're seeing in this link is a popularity poll regarding 7th Gen Pokemon and human characters that was recently done in Japan, with Rowlet and Lillie topping the list for Pokemon and humans respectively. Here's the lists below if you're interested in the results.

Top 6 Pokemon:
1. Rowlet
2. Mimikyu
3. Primarina
4. Vulpix (Alola Form)
5. Lycanroc (Dusk Form)
6. Raichu (Alola Form)

Top 8 human characters:
1. Lillie
2. Gladion
3. Moon/Selene (7th Gen female player character fyi)
4. Acerola
5. Lana
6. Guzma
7. Nanu
8. Hau

So, with this list I feel my prediction for Ash's Rowlet not evolving at all has gotten a little bit more credit because while Decidueye is popular in Japan, the fact it didn't make the Top 6 (while Primarina did), Rowlet's personality being comedy relief, along with Rowlet being a case of a starter that is more marketable than its evolutions (similar to say, Oshawott and Piplup) I think I will come to the conclusion that Rowlet will stay as he is, while Litten/Torracat will eventually evolve to Incineroar despite being the least favoured final stage Alolan starter in Japan.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I figured this would make for a good discussion.

So, what you're seeing in this link is a popularity poll regarding 7th Gen Pokemon and human characters that was recently done in Japan, with Rowlet and Lillie topping the list for Pokemon and humans respectively. Here's the lists below if you're interested in the results.

Top 6 Pokemon:
1. Rowlet
2. Mimikyu
3. Primarina
4. Vulpix (Alola Form)
5. Lycanroc (Dusk Form)
6. Raichu (Alola Form)

Top 8 human characters:
1. Lillie
2. Gladion
3. Moon/Selene (7th Gen female player character fyi)
4. Acerola
5. Lana
6. Guzma
7. Nanu
8. Hau

So, with this list I feel my prediction for Ash's Rowlet not evolving at all has gotten a little bit more credit because while Decidueye is popular in Japan, the fact it didn't make the Top 6 (while Primarina did), Rowlet's personality being comedy relief, along with Rowlet being a case of a starter that is more marketable than its evolutions (similar to say, Oshawott and Piplup) I think I will come to the conclusion that Rowlet will stay as he is, while Litten/Torracat will eventually evolve to Incineroar despite being the least favoured final stage Alolan starter in Japan.

With regards to starter Pokemon, Ash has pretty much had at least one starter fully evolve(Johto and Unova excluded of course). Your prediction was right though, although its not surprising when you think about it. I expect a capture(for Ash or someone in the group) in the next few Episodes though. Its way overdue when you think about it.

Years
With regards to starter Pokemon, Ash has pretty much had at least one starter fully evolve(Johto and Unova excluded of course). Your prediction was right though, although its not surprising when you think about it. I expect a capture(for Ash or someone in the group) in the next few Episodes though. Its way overdue when you think about it.

Considering he interacts with Passimian in the next episode, I'd be shocked if it went uncaught. Also, I think the poll likely predicts Snowy will not evolve due to marketing, much like my speculation with Rowlet.

And we're still overdue with the girls capture-wise. Mallow, Lillie and Lana still all only have one Pokemon. The fact Primarina placed third in that poll could see a possibility for Lana's Popplio evolving, but if 8th Gen gets officially announced in the months ahead, we could kiss hope of a Popplio evolution goodbye.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Considering he interacts with Passimian in the next episode, I'd be shocked if it went uncaught. Also, I think the poll likely predicts Snowy will not evolve due to marketing, much like my speculation with Rowlet.

And we're still overdue with the girls capture-wise. Mallow, Lillie and Lana still all only have one Pokemon. The fact Primarina placed third in that poll could see a possibility for Lana's Popplio evolving, but if 8th Gen gets officially announced in the months ahead, we could kiss hope of a Popplio evolution goodbye.

Primarina can come from Ida's Brionne evolving as opposed to Lana's Popplio evolving all the way to its final form. That said... I agree 100% on the lack of captures for Lillie, Lana and Mallow. They highlighted Mallow's lack of Pokemon in Episode 39 and she's still yet to capture a Pokemon. Lillie not catching a 2nd Pokemon despite being a pivotal Female character is rather embarrassing and Lana at least has a Z-Ring/Z-Move to fall back on compared to the other two. I circled Episode 66 since we may be seeing an old Pokemon in the form of Abipom(Ping-Pong anyone?).

Years
Primarina can come from Ida's Brionne evolving as opposed to Lana's Popplio evolving all the way to its final form. That said... I agree 100% on the lack of captures for Lillie, Lana and Mallow. They highlighted Mallow's lack of Pokemon in Episode 39 and she's still yet to capture a Pokemon. Lillie not catching a 2nd Pokemon despite being a pivotal Female character is rather embarrassing and Lana at least has a Z-Ring/Z-Move to fall back on compared to the other two. I circled Episode 66 since we may be seeing an old Pokemon in the form of Abipom(Ping-Pong anyone?).

So you're guessing Ida's Brionne may evolve while Lana gets struck with the Piplup curse and gets left with just Popplio? I do agree that Lillie being the main female lacking a second capture is pretty weird, and I once thought Serena was only going to finish with two Pokemon, at least until Eevee came in.

And wait, Ambipom in SM066?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So you're guessing Ida's Brionne may evolve while Lana gets struck with the Piplup curse and gets left with just Popplio? I do agree that Lillie being the main female lacking a second capture is pretty weird, and I once thought Serena was only going to finish with two Pokemon, at least until Eevee came in.

And wait, Ambipom in SM066?

Yeah Lana might get the Piplup curse if that is such a thing. The real eye-raiser for lack of captures is for Lillie and Mallow. Lillie because she's arguably the main female lead, hence she should have captured one by now(fear or no fear) while Mallow's lack of Pokemon was highlighted in Episode 39 and she's yet to capture one. As for Ambipom, I read Episode 66's descrption of Ping-Pong and was like... ok that rings a familiar bell. May have nothing to do with it but who knows. Would be an odd way to shoehorn in Dawn if I'm right. Besides, Ambipom fits the comedic nonsense of Sun&Moon when you think about it.

Back