• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon CRYSTAL KAIZO: The Official Sequel to Blue Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Definately Kaizo

Votes: 173 57.5%
  • Fairly challenging

Votes: 48 15.9%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 38 12.6%
  • Should've put level 200+ enemies

Votes: 59 19.6%
  • Unfair

Votes: 33 11.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Pokémon Crystal Kaizo

Pokémon Crystal Kaizo Lunar IPS
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2178/
This was taken down twice, even though it is just an ips, and not a rom. General consumers can't access or beat this non-profit ips, so it is moved to a safer, and stricter location.

Updating a previous Crystal Kaizo Ips.
Open the spoiler tag, and you'll find out, as well as a video:

Spoiler:

Introduction
At long last, the sequel to Pokémon Blue Kaizo. Pokémon Crystal Kaizo's Story is the same as the original Crystal. You can catch 251 Pokémon in this hack, with starters available early on. However, this hack is significantly more difficult than the original. This hack was inspired by Pokémon Stadium and Firered Omega. All of this was accomplished with a hex editor, and numerous tools from skeetendo, as well as resources from Bulbapedia and Skeetendo.

Features

The Odd Egg
The Odd Egg you recieve from the daycare man gives you nothing but a shiny Pokémon; which could be one of the starters, dratini, larvitar, magby, smoochum, elekid, eevee, or one of two tyrogues.

Map Redesigns

All of the maps have been redesigned. In each route, you will encounter a diverse variety of Wild Pokémon. Navigating dungeons will be a prominent ordeal throughout the game. There are also some areas that were not present in the original crystal, acting as easter eggs.

Major Bosses and Other Trainers
All bosses will have shiny pokémon in their rosters, and apart from a couple of rival fights, all of them have full teams of six, each with improved rosters and movepools from the original. In addition, many of them will have held items. Another thing to note is that there won't be duplicate Pokémon within the same boss roster, so many bosses will have some wildcards, which are capable of acting as counters to their specialty weakness, can use moves related to their specialty type, or even both. Including Team Rocket Executives and Elite Four Members and Champions

In addition, all other trainers have better pokémon, along with improved AI from the original, making every trainer in the game a bit more dangerous.

Don't forget about the Rival Superboss at the elite four on Mondays and Wednesdays; though he only appears after you beat the rival at Mt. Moon.

Spoiler:

251 Pokémon
You will encounter all 251 Pokémon, or if you face a secret boss, 252, throughout your adventure, though you will only be able to capture 251 Pokémon. It should be noted that certain pokémon will only be available when you have access to Mt. Silver, so that you can trade these pokémon for legendaries that weren't present in the original Pokémon Crystal.

Trade Evolutions
With the exception of Slowking, who evolves by a Water Stone, all trade evolutions evolve by level up.

Evolution Stones
In addition, you can purchase evolution stones very early on, in the goldenrod department store.
One thing to note is that eevee can evolve into espeon through the use of a sun stone, while umbreon evolves through the use of a moon stone. It appears that you are unable to evolve them as displayed in the images.

Bug Catching Contest
You can catch a much bigger variety of bug pokémon in the national park. If you look hard enough, you could find something special.

Crystal Kaizo Youtube Video

Here is the list of the main game's bosses. (Post game not included)
Spoiler:

Revives, Max Revives, and Revival Herbs are disabled during ingame battles

Now, during a trainer battle, this displays that you won't be able to use revives during battle, making important battles, like gym leaders, have actual consequences when you losing your pokemon, making the game more difficult, and truly "Kaizo".

Unlike nuzlockes, you can still use revives outside of battle, but only outside of it, so don't forget to heal and save. Slightly worried about the post game battles, which gets really difficult, so this update may be a brief one, depending on responses.

Below is the revive being used outside of battle.

As an added bonus, if you play this update, you will have access to a PC at the end of the Goldenrod Underground path.

Spoiler:

Executives and Scientists Battle Music and Purchasable Ethers

The newest update has ethers sold in stores, starting from Goldenrod City. Use them wisely. You can also bike in the Goldenrod Underground, as well as Team Rocket's Hideout. Some minor errors have been fixed (though I don't understand why I see Leftovers acting like a really big berry in some videos; it never happens to me.) Finally, the Team Rocket Executives and Scientists have the Team Rocket Battle Music like they should have had in Gold, Silver, and ESPECIALLY Crystal (There's no excuse for Gamefreak there not to fix that).

All in all, it will be a challenging experience. I hope you enjoy.

Completed Playthroughs of Crystal Kaizo
Here are a list of completed playthroughs, including nuzlockes, of Pokemon Crystal Kaizo
Spoiler:

Attachments

• CrystalKaizoEndgamePostGameReadme.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,798
Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Good to see a sequel to Blue Kaizo, which by the way was an awesome hack. I'll definitely be trying this one out too!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 28, 2016
Is this hacks storyline the same as pokemon crystal?
or has it got its own storyline?

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
This looks great. Have any changes to learnsets, tms (what teaches what or who can learn what), or attacks (power, type, pp, etc.) been made?

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Did you make up the word "kaizo" to sound japanese? Don't be a weaboo, bro.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Did you make up the word "kaizo" to sound japanese? Don't be a weaboo, bro.

I'm gonna answer for the OP here.
1. Adding something Japanese doesn't mean that person is a 'weeaboo'
2. It is Japanese, it means remodeling or modifying.
3. It comes from Super Mario Kaizo, which was a hack of SMW that made it harder.
So this is like a homage.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Challenge or not the learning curve of this game is a bit extreme. I love a challenge but this just seems like a bit much. I'll keep playing it though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2020
Is there any moveset changes or any update to the pokemon moves??

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Is there any moveset changes or any update to the pokemon moves??

Quite a lot actually. Paras learns Bod Slam as a level up, Ledyba has Psybeam at level 5 instead of an egg move, Totodile learns Crunch at level 8, all the baby pokemon learn present as a base-level attack in addition to whatever else they have for a base move (Except Togepi acks Growl and Charm upon hatching and has Metronome and Present instead), Hoothoot has Whirlind which makes tryng to catch one a pain, Bellsprout gets hidden power as a base move so one can use a DV calculator to figure out what the type is easier than having to wait almost the whole game to get TM10.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2020
Wow! I've been playing for a while and yes, it's the hardest game i`ve ever play, almost too hard.

Linnie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
I've been playing this hack, just beat Lance in fact. I just wanted to give you praise for it, it's been a great experience.

One question I'd like to ask out of curiosity is, this secret boss, is he in a spot that we'd find without too much issue or do we really have to go out of our way to find them? I just wanted to know so I can prepare myself for that.

Years
Really thank you for all your work... I love it so much... Coz' there aren't many good hack of Crystal like yours... (Sorry for my bad ENG, coz' I'm Vietnamese)

Linnie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
So, I finished it, and while I enjoyed Kanto, there are two little grievances I have.

I felt it might've been better to have the Kanto levels gradually go up. Blue has a jump by 6 levels, which, a jump isn't bad; the bad part is that the first seven leaders have the same levels throughout, which is a bit puzzling considering you corralled Kanto in a way that allowed a level curve. I felt the difficulty tapered off a bit for the first seven Kanto badges just because your systems were used to the shock of fighting such high-leveled Pokémon.

The other grievance I have is the 252nd Pokémon. I won't spoil it in thread, not that I think it's worth keeping a secret due to my low opinion of it and because it almost feels like there's nothing to spoil, but it was just very, very, underwhelming. I suppose it was strong, but I expected something with more polish as opposed to what we were given. At the least, a proper sprite would've helped it out, though I'm unfamiliar with the actual limitations of hacking so for all I know that may be an impossibility to do with the four extra slots. But, even if it is, it feels rather unprofessional and not something to advertise in the OP.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
At the point with the Kanto gym leaders, the reason why, apart from Blue, the levels are identical, is because of 4 reasons.

1. The difficulty of these boss fights are surprisingly dependent on what team a player has, even with some counters, which is the primary reason why the levels don't gradually go up. I'd still label Janine as the easiest despite not having a STAB supereffective move, despite her being in identical levels with the other gyms, and even the cheap strategy used by the counters.

2. The identical levels allow healing items to be shared, since it is very possible a 'main' highest leveled pokemon can be OHKO'd. (Just like Red's Pikachu in the original GSC; most people don't even know Red has healing items).

2. The levels themselves are the same level as Lance's highest leveled pokemon, to keep some consistency with Johto's Champion, being you know, a champion level threat, which was kinda iffy with the original game as well.

3. This one is going to be a rather long description, but its necessary. The levels Blue had in the original gsc had a six level-eight level jump with the next highest leveled trainer, which is actually more significant at the 50's level, as opposed to the lv 90s or higher level. The reason being is because of how the levels incorporate into the battle formula involving stats and especially attack power. The lower the levels, even a level 1 gap can make a huge world of difference. As the levels increase, the level jump effects in the formula diminishes slightly. So the six level jump with Blue in Crystal Kaizo is somewhat lessened in comparison with the 6-8 level jump in the original GSC.

As for the 252nd pokemon thing, its kind of a non-canon bonus boss fight. The 252nd pokemon cannot be edited in stats or movepools, so it was played around with, and it really was just for shock value with the sprite.

I do agree its somewhat unprofessional, but its really more of an Easter egg mythology thing, kind of like some other Easter eggs in Crystal Kaizo.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed most of Crystal Kaizo, and I do appreciate your feedback.

thescourgex2

Like a sir!
Years
for some reason the rooms in the basement of the violet city pokemon centre were unblocked and i could enter the rooms. i was wondering if that was done on purpose

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 2, 2020
Hi everyone !
At first I would like to congratulate the author of this hack for his job and his creativity, I'm so nostalgic about old pokémon versions and this is a pure pleasure to meet this universe again and in a hardly way.

But I wanted to ask you a question, I took in my team jolteon, vaporeon and espeon and they are almost at level 20 and they didn't already learn any attacks. If my memories are good, they were supposed to learn their first type attack around level 16 ? Is that normal and how long will I shall wait?
Thank you for the answer and really sorry for my English but I'm French!

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
With the exception of vaporeon (who will get surf in ecruteak), the eeveelution evolutions will get their STAB move at level 20, which is the point they should evolve.

Also, now I have a new video of another gym leader in the spoilers in the above message.

Back