• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet Version v1.0

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Hey I've even playing this for a while and I love it, I've pretty much beat the game but there's one issue I have that still frustrates me. I play roms on the go on my android using a gba emulator app but no matter what I try to do I have no idea how to apply the patch to my Fire Red 1.0 rom. I know I've got limited abilities on my phone but I'm curious to know if anyone else was able to apply the patch to the file on their phone and could help me with that process. I might try to export everything to my computer, attach it, and reimport it to my phone. If that works I'll post that it did, if not you might not hear back from me right away

Salintra League Master Jason

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
I noticed that it was mentioned that the types in Sweet Version (which I only barely started playing but am already in love with, BTW) are based off of ice cream flavors. Well, I've noticed that some flavors that I enjoy in real life are missing.

Some of these are common ice cream flavors, others are rare, but I'd like to point them out all the same: Mint (really? How can you forget mint? Have you never had Mint Chocolate Chip or even simply Mint ice cream before?), Nut (as in: pecan, peanut butter, almonds in Rocky Road, etc.), Marshmallow (found in Rocky Road, S'mores, and the rare pure Marshmallow ice cream), [Black] Licorice (yes, I know this one is a rare flavor, but Black Licorice ice cream tastes amazing. The only company I know of that makes it is Red Button Gourmet Ice Cream, though), Butterscotch (yes, there's Butterscotch ice cream), and Caramel (Rocky Road contains Caramel, as do several other complex ice cream flavors).

If you ever expand it to contain more PokéSweets (I mean, I've watched others play, and it seems the Sevii Islands were taken out entirely with no replacement added), I suggest using some of the flavors I listed. It would add even more variety (and I know for a fact that the code for Fire Red easily allows for up to 18 types in hacks without having to mess around with the code a whole lot. Just use the ??? type for type #18), and I think it would be amazing (Plus, Caramel would give Caratorb and its evolution (haven't gotten to see it, yet) a second type, and I don't like what I've heard about there being only one Apple-type dual type).

On a separate note, I'd like to see Stawizard have wings... Banana wings. Starwberry-Banana is a flavor combo a lot of people like, and I don't think I remember hearing about a Strawberry-Banana PokéSweet. That, and I heard that Fly is Banana, and that only one Banana dual-type can even learn it. At the Moment, you have twelve types. There's room on a team for six members. If every member is a dual type, has a move for both of their types, and don't share any types, that would make for a really awesome team with STAB in everything. But even if you take my advice on more types, it'd still be nice to have a team of six dual types with each one having a STAB move for both types, and none of them sharing a type with another team member. I've done that in the regular PokéMon games multiple times, and I love doing it. It makes for a very good team, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
If you ever expand it to contain more PokéSweets (I mean, I've watched others play, and it seems the Sevii Islands were taken out entirely with no replacement added), I suggest using some of the flavors I listed. It would add even more variety (and I know for a fact that the code for Fire Red easily allows for up to 18 types in hacks without having to mess around with the code a whole lot. Just use the ??? type for type #18), and I think it would be amazing (Plus, Caramel would give Caratorb and its evolution (haven't gotten to see it, yet) a second type, and I don't like what I've heard about there being only one Apple-type dual type).

12 types honestly covers everything I was going for with this, plus what would the matchups be if I added more?

On a separate note, I'd like to see Stawizard have wings... Banana wings. Starwberry-Banana is a flavor combo a lot of people like, and I don't think I remember hearing about a Strawberry-Banana PokéSweet. That, and I heard that Fly is Banana, and that only one Banana dual-type can even learn it. At the Moment, you have twelve types. There's room on a team for six members. If every member is a dual type, has a move for both of their types, and don't share any types, that would make for a really awesome team with STAB in everything. But even if you take my advice on more types, it'd still be nice to have a team of six dual types with each one having a STAB move for both types, and none of them sharing a type with another team member. I've done that in the regular PokéMon games multiple times, and I love doing it. It makes for a very good team, in my opinion.

Now THAT is a cool idea. Thank you very much :3

Salintra League Master Jason

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
12 types honestly covers everything I was going for with this, plus what would the matchups be if I added more?
Well, first of all, I don't actually get all the reasoning behind your chart, to be honest, but I'll see if I can make sense of it enough to try to explain how my six suggestions would work (The one I feel is needed the most is Mint, though).

First, I've noticed that it seems that flavors that clash and/or have one overwhelm the other are the ones that result in weaknesses and resistances (in most cases, at least), so I'm going to stick with that mostly in my deductions.

Mint:
Resists: Vanilla, Apple, Banana, Blueberry, Grape, itself.
Weak to: Chocolate, Nut, Licorice, Butterscotch, Caramel.
Super-effective on: Vanilla, Apple, Chocolate
Not very effective on: Orange, itself, Licorice, Butterscotch, Caramel

Nut:
Resists: Banana, Chocolate, Caramel
Weak to: Vanilla, Butterscotch
Super-effective on: Vanilla, Mint, Caramel
Not-very effective on: Banana, Chocolate, Marshmallow, Butterscotch

Marshmallow:
Resists: Nut, Licorice
Weak to: Vanilla, Chocolate, Butterscotch, Caramel
Super-effective on: Chocolate, Licorice
Not-very effective on: Vanilla, Butterscotch, Caramel

Licorice:
Resists: Vanilla, Cherry, Strawberry, Apple, Mint, itself
Weak to: Orange, Lemon, Lime, Marshmallow
Super-effective on: Banana, Grape, Raspberry, Mint, Butterscotch
Not-very effective on: Orange, Lemon, Lime, Marshmallow

Butterscotch:
Resists: Mint, Nut, Marshmallow,
Weak to: Licorice, itself, Caramel
Super-effective on: Mint, Nut, itself
Not-very effective on: Chocolate, Licorice, Caramel

Caramel:
Resists: Mint, Marshmallow, Butterscotch, itself.
Weak to: Apple, Chocolate, Nut
Super-effective on: Chocolate, Mint, Marshmallow, Butterscotch
Not-very effective on: Apple, Nut, itself

Those are rough guesses, but I hope that that'll help if you consider any of them. Also, I'm really happy you like my idea for improving Strawizard. However, another request of mine is another Apple-type PokéSweet that's a dual type (and not part chocolate, this time), as well as making it possible for every PokéSweet to have a STAB move for each of their types (and good STAB moves, at that). Especially since I noticed that Candino is part Strawberry but can't learn any Strawberry moves. A good reason to add more types is so that you can make Hidden Power accessible (since its formula is based around utilizing sixteen types (ignoring Normal in the regular games, as well as ignoring Fairy in gen 6)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 7, 2016
Excuse me I'm not sure if this is still active but I'm having a bit of an issue.

I was going through my items when I suddenly noticed something that said ??????? x594

Does anyone know what this is or if I should be worried?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ive seen that and it went away after a while. Make sure you have a save file before this occurred just in case it messes up anything. ^-^

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Go to operationidroid.com he has the current version i believe. simple easy download there buddy.

Years
Hey, I am beggining this game and I'm really enjoying it. But I was wondering if the shiny rate has been modified ? Because I'm hardly trying to get a shiny Cupvee but if shinies are not obtainable, I don't want to waste my time ^^ thanks for the answer !

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey, I am beggining this game and I'm really enjoying it. But I was wondering if the shiny rate has been modified ? Because I'm hardly trying to get a shiny Cupvee but if shinies are not obtainable, I don't want to waste my time ^^ thanks for the answer !

You can get shinies, good luck getting them though, i have only 1. ^^

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 2, 2022
Can somebody help me :( I'm up to the Black Forest part in which I'm supposed to battle the Captain but he's not there! I've never played Fire Red before so I probably messed up the sequence of events and idk what to do now ;~; atm I'm using an action replay code but I wanna play the game without cheats >:c

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 26, 2017
Well i played this hack and well it's awesome i found a bug tho..ang i noticed that the music in cookie village is from digimon(i think) lol but i liked a lot tho

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I think i messed up trying to install this, i'm completely new to this sort of modding. In short as soon as i leave the player house the world is messed up graphically.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
random question and not sure if it was answered, are the level caps for the badges the same, or which version of the game do they follow. i ask because the second gym (was it fizzy? lol. can't remember) has lvl 25s, which is higher then what i'm used to for the second gym.

i just don't want to raise my pokesweets levels to high and have them ignore me. no enemies are gonna nibble on my pokesweets.

Back