• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
Hey can someone help me out i want to know how to place a tree that i can use cut on for advanced map

cheers

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hey can someone help me out i want to know how to place a tree that i can use cut on for advanced map

cheers
Go to the events tab in Advance Map, and go to the "Person's" event.
Change the picture of the "person" until you find the cut tree.

Thee you go~

PS: If you want to put the cut tree script in it, try looking at the other cut trees and read their scripts, that way, you know what you have to do.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
I need the "pet" tool(download link), its like a-trainer, but there are empty places, I need that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
I still haven't got a proper way to put a pokédex in, cause mine on the other page didn't work. I've written it in edit, but... I don't know i felt like it didn't get readed cause it was an edit, lol. That's why I asked it again :O Also someone editted it a little for me, on the other page, but that didn't work either...

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2016
I'm trying to place an item that contains a pokeball, but everytime i lick on it and gain them the ball goes away, but then reappears. How do I stop that from happening? Also is there any player sprite editor?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I'm trying to place an item that contains a pokeball, but everytime i lick on it and gain them the ball goes away, but then reappears. How do I stop that from happening? Also is there any player sprite editor?
put the flag number in person ID on a-map,for OW sprites-overworld editor rebirth.
for battle sprite-UNLZ

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
OKAY. Deep breath.
I'm using Overworld Editor RE to make new hero sprites. They finally look great, with one problem: the background color won't go away! Its the same green/teal color the original sprites used and its in 16 bit, but its not going transparent... Instead, his outline is! How do I fix this? I'm hacking an Emerald ROM btw.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
Well, i know that that color, is just because it shows that color while you made it transparant, but i don't know for this, well hope this helped you out a bit :P

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
Years
OKAY. Deep breath.
I'm using Overworld Editor RE to make new hero sprites. They finally look great, with one problem: the background color won't go away! Its the same green/teal color the original sprites used and its in 16 bit, but its not going transparent... Instead, his outline is! How do I fix this? I'm hacking an Emerald ROM btw.

Make sure that the teal color is the first color in the pallete. The first color of any pallete will always be the transparent color. I think you can swap the colors using irfanview.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Make sure that the teal color is the first color in the pallete. The first color of any pallete will always be the transparent color. I think you can swap the colors using irfanview.

infranview is kinda awkward when it comes to pallet swapping... (Moving colors in the color index...)
GIMP will let you drag/drop the colors to there correct positions, so long as the image is already indexed... otherwise... don't do it, lol....

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Does anyone know where I can find Enrico Marini's Revamped Gold/Silver sprites?
I've already used google btw, and there has been no luck at all.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Is there a quick way to have Proffessor Oak give you the National dex right from the start of the journey without heavy scripting (which I'm terrible at)? Like a program that does it or something? Thanks...

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Meh, wasn't able to find a match. :/

Just asking, is it easier to make a Gold hack, or a FireRed hack? When I think about it, I suppose the obvious answer would be FireRed, but what if you needed to use Johto region in your hack, or if you wanted to bring back the classics?

I may be asking a rhetorical question here...

See, I was thinking of making a Gold/Silver hack, because I'm rather fond of the 2nd gen games, and I've noticed that these days most hacks are hacks of fire red.

But I'm not too familiar with hacking in Gold, at least, not as familiar as I am with hacking fire red. I need to know the difference so I can know what I'm getting myself into.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
theres a flag you need to activate...forgot which one though
It's flag 0x829, but the problem i have with that flag is that it automatically tells my my national dex data and then won't let the script go on for me.

School days again...
Years
1. How can change the graphics like the bars on your pokemon party on Fire Red?
2. How can I insert the HP bars, textbox, battle backgrounds and the DP font?
3. How can I change the badges and the pokedex color and graphics?
4. Is there a way to add a new tileset or can I add a new tileset?
5. When Professor Oak is still talking, the palette is correct.
Spoiler:

But if saying yes or no on the name of the character, the palettes are:
Spoiler:

Help?

Too many to ask. :D

Last edited:

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
It's not Spanish, it's multilanguage. Download it from my Tools Factory, anyway. There's a tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials section, look for my thread.

Might be blind or something, but I can't find any tutorials. I looked at your tool factory (well made by the way =P) and found the download link, but there are no links to APE tutorials. Tried 2 ways to find tutorials, both failed.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
1. How can change the graphics like the bars on your pokemon party on Fire Red?
2. How can I insert the HP bars, textbox, battle backgrounds and the DP font?
3. How can I change the badges and the pokedex color and graphics?
4. Is there a way to add a new tileset or can I add a new tileset?
5. When Professor Oak is still talking, the palette is correct.
Spoiler:

But if saying yes or no on the name of the character, the palettes are:
Spoiler:

Help?

Too many to ask. :D

2) unLZ GBA
3) unLZ and APE
4) Lu-Ho made a tutorial for it in the documenta and tutorials thread.
5)I've seen this before and it's a bug of the photoshop method. I would advise you to look for Zel's home-made tutorials in the documents and tutorials thread, which shows the classic but more difficult way of inserting the intro sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back