• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Turn up the bass! ~ Music Listeners Club

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The Music Listeners Club
Owner: Axeliira

Introduction
I'm sure the majority of you enjoy listening to music, right? Pop, rock, country, hip hop, blues, rap, metal, Christian/Gospel, there are a plethora of genres out there, and every genre of music is invited to join this club. This is the second revival of the Music Listeners club (formerly known as the Music Lovers Club), only that I've added a few new additions to it. We will feature new songs to listen to every week or two weeks, as well as provide brief discussion on news of musical artists, concert tours and anything that revolves the music industry.

Rules
All PokéCommunity Rules and Fan Clubs & Groups Rules apply here - this includes the 4/25 rule.
Discussions are anything goes - just make sure it's music and only music.
Please keep all discussions civil - We understand people will hate rap, or become biased towards an artists, please respect other members' musical tastes.
Regarding genre discussions - This is a music club that encompasses many if not all of the genres of the music industry. If you want to go deeper into a certain genre, it is suggested to create a brand new fan club.​
Have fun listening~

Sign-up!~
To sign up, I require the following: your username, favorite music genres, your current favorite song, and a ♪ anywhere around your post. These are required and failure to follow will not grant access to the Listeners club.

Username:
Favorite Music Genres:
Your Current Favorite Song:

Axeliira
Psylocke
GiraKoth
Archer99
Murkmire
Flushed
Peitharchia
ShinyUmbreon189
Sonata
90FC3C

Last edited:
Years
I listen totally different genres than Psylocke but anyway

Username: GiraKoth
Favorite Music Genres:
Metal (mostly Power Metal), Rock, Electro, Chipmusic
Your Current Favorite Song:
A Thousand Points of Light by Dragonland, maybe it's an obscure name for you but that's a really good song for me x)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Nice to see everyone join!~ My top genres are rock and country, but I do enjoy a little of everything thanks to satellite radio! This includes pop, hip-hop, jazz, and indie. My playlist seems to be pretty varied right now, adding songs as I discover them.

My current favorite song is Dirt by Florida Georgia Line, it's a wonderful song that warms up your heart every time it's listened, because it reminds me of what I'm about to leave behind next year: the small town world!

Oh, and guys, you are more than welcome to post youtube videos of music! There's no rule about that! ;P

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Username: Flushed
Favorite Music Genres: Any really, except Country and Metal rank a bit lower lol
Your Current Favorite Song: ♪The Mother We Share by CHVRCHES

I've heard of Florida Georgia Line, just haven't listened to many of their songs. I'm not the biggest country fan haha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Peitharchia.
Favorite Music Genres: Aside from Rap, I like almost every genre we have out there! Though, one that stands out to me in particular is Folk Metal.
Your Current Favorite Song: There are many, but off top of my head, one would likely have to be Whisper by A Fine Frenzy. I've ran into it while watching an episode of House MD couple of months ago, and loved it; looked it up online, downloaded, and have played it more than fifty times in total since then. Singer's voice is very sweet, calming, and the lyrics are quite well-thought, if you ask me! I'm not sure how known these guys might possibly be at the moment, but I'm definitely a fan, and will be one for a long, long time.

Aside from that, I'm also pretty fond of Colony by In Flames; its opening never ceases to impress. Due to similar reasons, I also like Crawl Through Knives by the same band.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
ashley you forgot da symbolz! & welcome to those that joined :)

To start off, how do you guys discover music? What are ways that you find new music to add to your playlists?

Florida Georgia Line remind me a bit Artist vs Poet, take a look :

Gotta admit, I actually enjoyed this song. I haven't heard much of AvP except for their apperances in the Punk Goes Pop albums, but this song was amazing. <3

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I'm joining this club, I am an musician after all with a Soundcloud so it makes perfect sense.

Username: ShinyUmbreon189
Favorite Music Genres: Hip-Hop (Rap is a genre Hip-Hop is the culture) and metal
Your Current Favorite Song: Don't have one. There's too many songs I like to just pick one.

If y'all wanna listen to my music just click on my signature and it will direct you to my Soundcloud. I play guitar as well and recently have been working on some material for tracks so I'll be uploading them eventually. As of now, it's just my Hip-Hop music. Got like 10 more songs recorded and ready to upload, I'm just waiting for a bigger fanbase.

Years
About how I find new songs, I hear a lot of music on youtube so I can find artists related to what I listen (this can be really useful), and sometimes I read some articles on specialized websites... I don't really listen radio because in France, radio broadcast only the sames genres.

And what about you?

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
To start off, how do you guys discover music? What are ways that you find new music to add to your playlists?

My music comes to me. ;P I just randomly find songs I fall in love with every now and then, whether it be on here, on the radio, or if I'm just browsing iTunes.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: Sonata
Favorite Music Genres: Pretty much everything except for bluegrass.
Your Current Favorite Song: Such a hard choice.......but probably bit by bit.

And to answer the question...I randomly find music sometimes or friends/family/spotify suggests something to me. Sometimes I will go out of my way to find new music but not often.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Huh, I might as well join.

Username: 90FC3C
Favorite Music Genres: I listen to just about anything, but Alternative Pop stands out for me.
Your Current Favorite Song: Splashdown ♪ Karma Slave

That band will probably be my favorite for some time.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm sorry for forgetting the musical notes, Megan! ♪ ♪ ♪

Nowadays, I tend to stumble into them randomly. If I find some song by a particular artist on, say, Spotify, and wind up liking, I will begin digging into their albums and take things from there. If it's some site like YouTube, I'd check out related videos option, which usually tends to link towards songs I haven't heard of before, and I believe this to be a great method of music discovery.

From time to time, I also find myself asking friends and acquaintances for suggestions, and thankfully, it doesn't cease to do the trick.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Most of the time, I discover my new music in my workplace! xD My store manager has this wonderful playlist of music that I haven't heard of before, yet they were released in the past, or were part of previous albums of popular artists like Britney Spears or Selena Gomez. It gets hard to get the name and the artist because I'm always on the floor and sometimes I have to pester my manager to tell me who sang the song that was playing at the moment haha.

Usually Slacker, Pandora, and Spotify are my main music discoverers, but there's also satellite radio, that plays new music right before it hits radios. :D

Also, I just made the userlist...let me know if I'm missing anyone <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
This reminds me, I also tend to run into new music every once in a while on the radio while driving and whatnot. Though, I rarely wind up turning on the device, as forget that it even exists, unfortunately, so I should probably put more effort into remembering; things could get sort of bothersome if nobody's there with you in the car, and radio could definitely help lighten up the mood, whether it be in a big way or small.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
There's this artist I like who nobody really knows, he's not real big but he has some really good songs.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I think he either was supposed to or he is coming out with a new album sometime.........sometime......

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
[youtube]<end part of YT url (ex:N-MSHOsyJiA)>[/youtube]

Only just discovered this song a couple weeks ago, and I swear to god that I thought this was Travie McCoy or Sean Paul singing the lyrics but it's actually Spree Wilson which is a guy I have never ever ever heard of in my life! I got mindblown haha.

For a new topic: Anyone went through the same moment like I did? Thinking that an artist was singing a certain song but turned out to be someone else?

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Anyone went through the same moment like I did? Thinking that an artist was singing a certain song but turned out to be someone else?

Actually yes, but it was only one instance. The song, "Beyond the Sea," sounded a bit like Frank Sinatra, who I LOVE. <3 But, it was actually a fellow named Bobby Darin. Apparently, that's a common confusion. :( I still feel a bit bad about that.

Back