• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: [FR] Trainer AI Script Resource

Years
If this is your first time reading about ai scripting, please take a look at the following thread.

Akamethebulbasaur, Skeli and myself have been working on the AI for Fire Red. Adding moves and abilities common routines in the community but little work has been done to the ai. When you add moves and abilities, the ai does not know how to use it. I seek to solve that issue and I wouldn't doubt akame and skeli feel the same way although I cannot speak for them.

I have started a GitHub project here along with a discord here.

I have all the information in the GitHub. Skeli created the compiler in the folder titled "python compiler". Credits go to that great man. Akame has created 90% of the routines found in my Ai routine(Here but don't add it as I have to make adjustments) and of course credits go to him.

I hope the github can become a community effort. If done in a proper manner, we can have an intelligent base ai with modular resources to add moves and abilities for your specific needs.

How can you help?
Please take a look at the resources folder i have provided. In it you will find a txt file titled ai_commands. Read over those, these can be compared to scripting commands in XSE or BSP. Once you understand what the commands to, please feel free to add some moves. I made a file in the ai_scripts folder titled "Moves_Unsure". If you would like your move/ability script reviewed before being inserted, please put it there. This gives a chance for newer scripts to participate without the stress of messing up!

If you have any questions, feel free to message me in the discord or here on PC!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 16, 2021
I don?t get why this thread doesn?t have any attention. Not even a single post.

Last edited:
Years
The discord is dead. Being as this got no attention, no one joined the discord. I can certainly make a group if this is something anyone would want to be apart of.

As of right now, I have totally overhauled the base ai. As I, and probably most rom hackers, will be using Leon's/mrds base, I catered this to those move sets. Around 100 moves are added into the ai, most base abilites and added abilites are done(that needed to be coded in). In terms of abilites, I only have the minus script (don't do if opponent has this) but that makes up the bulk of the abilites.

No major testijg is done so I can guarantee there are little nuances (like the ai would probably be better off using a status move but they decided to use an attack one) but no softlocking or crashes occur. With that said, the ai is wayyyy smarter than before.

Tbh, to anyone reading this, ai programming is literally just scripting. It's as easy as xse with different commands. It's just THOUSANDS of lines of code hence why it's taken so long for anyone to do it. I'll update the GitHub with all my new resources and updated scripts tomorrow if you two want to look at it.

Lastly, I've had to put rom hacking down for a few weeks as irl stuff has me too busy. I don't plan to wait until my room is done but I will be taking a lengthy break. I will update everything so anyone can pick up right where I left off for effenciency reasons. Side note: you will have to install new ai commands(info is in op). My asm routine will add all 30+ routines. Will update that too as akame has added more commands and fixed broken ones as well.

Last edited:
Back