• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying to add a new Key Item.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 8, 2023
So I'm pretty new to the scripting aspect and have been trying to pick it up by going through some of the scripts in the project. I'm working on adding a new Item to the game. I've already added the item to the game with all its info. What I am having issues with is adding the Items effect to the game. I know I'm asking for a lot but, was hoping someone may have the same Idea or use for this type of item and wants to help walkthrough this with me.

Item info:
Name: Time Capsule
Type: Key Item
Description: An item that will allow the player to change the day and time of the game.

What I would like for the Item to do is when the player confirms to use the it. it closes the pack menu back to the game. Somewhat like using the escape rope it has a little splash scene. I was thinking it could just flash white a couple of times before it takes the player to a blank screen. At this point the player is prompted to select a day followed by choosing the time. Once completed it would cut back to a couple of flashes of white and now the player is playing from the time and day they just picked.

Thank you, for your time!

Back