• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do ALL Pokemon come from eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
No, of course not, exept Wobuffet and Marill a Pokemon couldn't hatch into evolved form. Gof goodness sake... Think a old man to be borned XD

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Do all Pokemon come from eggs. Yes. But that doesn't stop me from drawing pregnant and live birthing ones. I think it'd be really cool if some Pokemon did give live birth and the little sprite would get fatter as the gestation went on :D

Kine

Whatev
Years
I just shrug off the egg birth as a gimmick to get the player to work for their new baby Pokemon. They could've added a day system (real time or not) so that mammal and human shape Pokemon give live births (like that of the cows in Harvest Moon), but I guess they figured it wasn't as cute or that kids didn't want to wait a number of "days" to get it.

In the anime, well, they stopped showing Pokemon hatch from the eggs. They now just morph from an egg-shape to the basic stage. It's seems to me they're taking the lazy way out.

Vaporeon

Cuteness ish teh pwnz. <3
Years
I've always thought it was odd how Pokemon in the games all lay eggs. @_@ I'm sure IRL, they wouldn't all lay eggs. XD I think it would be like the animal kingdom. Birds and reptiles would lay eggs, but mammals wouldn't. ^^;

~Kelsey

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Vaporeon said:
I've always thought it was odd how Pokemon in the games all lay eggs. @_@ I'm sure IRL, they wouldn't all lay eggs. XD I think it would be like the animal kingdom. Birds and reptiles would lay eggs, but mammals wouldn't. ^^;

~Kelsey

yeah, and what's Bulbasaur I assume they lay eggs too right, if they aren't mammals. :\

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Dec 9, 2019
I can't believe you all keep saying a Pokemon (a fictional character unlike real animals) are mammals and therefore cannot lay eggs.
This is completely absurd. Even if you were crazy enough to relate Pokemon with real life you be completely wrong. We have a mammal who can lay eggs in real life, we also known a famous Pokemon who resemble this real animal.
A real animal that lay eggs is called a platypus. Look it up.
Sorry I couldn't help but to say what I did. Can't believe you guys are saying a mammal can't lay eggs when there is proof in reality they can, and even more unbelievable that you guys are going on what if Pokemon where real. Why would you qualify those as similar to animals in the first place? Animals don't pocess abilities like Pokemon do. If Pokemon where real they shouldn't be on the same class as reptiles or birds or mammals simply because they appear to look like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back