• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Past event Pokemon you've obtained?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What are some past event Pokemon you've obtained? I obtained Gamestop Dragonite once, and Toys R Us Zoroark, if I recall correctly. I also did the Shiny Legendary beasts, the HG/SS Celebi, and two of the three Unova mythicals.

What about you guys? In this case, I honestly mean ones you obtained in person in physical locations, like how it was in the older days of Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
Not in physical locations, I've never even had the chance to. There are no video game retailers that big in my country to organise a live, on-location event.

Besides, in my time (cca 2010-2014, before they discontinued my gen 5 Wi-Fi Connection), online distributions were all the rage. On Pearl, I got the Pikachu-coloured shiny Pichu and the shiny Legendary Beasts from the Zoroark movie this way. Additionally, I had Ranger: Guardian Signs, so I got Manaphy, Deoxys (Speed Form, the friend I did the multiplayer mission to get it got one in Normal Form) and Shaymin (my sister's all-time favourite, it was fate that we had to get it somehow).

When Black came along, I got the Liberty Pass Victini (for early buyers) and pretty much all internationally distributed event Pokémon thet Black could get (level 100 opposite version main Legendary for the Zekrom/Reshiram movie, Dream World Arceus, Darkrai, Mewtwo with Psystrike for the Genesect movie, V-Create Victini).

And then all promotions were shifted to Black and White 2 only, and later Pokémon left the DS for the 3DS and the times moved on without me.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
the only in-person event Pokemon I remember getting were like a Toys R Us Darkrai and a (shiny?) Palkia at Gamestop

if we're counting event 'mons that just required more to obtain than downloading it via Mystery Gift, there was the Victini that you could get via the Liberty Pass for getting Black/White early,

Years
Anybody remember the Mew giveaways at malls and various other places for red/blue versions? They would plug your cartridge into something to deliver it, since wireless capabilities weren't really a thing for GBC (apart from infrared). I felt real cool until I found out you can just glitch a Mew whenever you want, lol.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
Movie Darkrai at Target was the earliest I obtained. Got Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs when they released, so the events from that. All of the Wi-Fi events up to about X/Y. Shiny Beasts and maybe the Creation Trio.

Oh, and some stuff from trades on here way back in the day. My old accounts almost certainly have evidence of getting stuff like the Toys 'R Us Arceus and Regigigas. Can't believe it's been just over a decade.

Don't think I have any of the old stuff, unfortunately. Think I either lost or overwrote the game they were all on.

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I got a Level 15 Keldeo from a GAME shop before, might still have it at a low level since I didn't really use it much in the end.

Noctis

Finally back after some family problems
Years
My latest event Pokemon was the qr code event Magearna and the qr code event Ash hat Pikachu. They were from my first playthrough of the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and I loved Magearna, but i never really used Ash hat Pikachu. I never really had time to go out to get the pokemon.

Last edited:
Back