• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Act 2: A Titan Awakens [Part 2]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
In the depths of the open ocean a sleeping giant was stirring. Regigigas, the Regigigas, had awoken from his millennia of sleep. For centuries the enormous god-like pokémon had slumbered, exhausted from his shaping of the planet. He had exerted his power for weeks on end, shaping and shifting the continents around the globe, moving the regions close to one another so that its pokémon could thrive together.

regigigas_awakens_by_latiar-d7gyejc.gif

After being statuesque for many years, the crustaceans that had gathered around the beast slowly fell away, fleeing the potent energy that was gathering. The starting sequence has commenced, from here on out Regigigas would continue to gather energy until he was at full power.

In two weeks the creature would rise to the surface once more.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

In two weeks the world will be torn apart, the main continents and islands spread out across the open ocean. If you have any concerns about where your region ends up, or how severely it is moved, let me know by PM or Skype!

Of course this is just a ploy to expand the map, so you're not obligated to recognise everything going on here.

spilled_candy_jar_pixel_by_pinksugarybunny-d4mp6k8.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Part 1

A slow start was the single flaw of the beast. However, after centuries of silence the necessary energy was finally gathered. At first just a single finger twitched, moving up and down a few millimetres at most. Soon enough the beast rose fully, lifting itself from his stone throne and on to his feet.

Activation sequence complete, the many lights of Regigigas awakened, his cry echoing through the cavern. Waves rose up around the epicenter as he used his formidable Earth Power, a pillar of rock erupting from under him and pushing the cavern to the waters surface.

Such force flung the oceans in to chaos. Islands with little to anchor them found themselves pushed away. Tectonic plates ground against one another, pushing the northern continents further apart and drawing new land masses up around the region. The shape of the world had been changed by a single monster, a monster that was now awake.

For now, the beast remained calm, building upon his island region and calling out to his descendants. Other Regigigas, and regi-golems were being summoned, their master's call reverberating around the world.

regigigas-ow.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

The World Map has been forever changed! (thread to be tweaked soon)

If your region has been severely affected by the earthquakes/tsunamis and require aid please PM me with your formal request for help. If your region is able to provide support to the affected regions please PM me with your provisions. I will then match up regions who would like to have a specific role in this task. Regions who have contacted are now sorted, I now leave it in your hands to sort out any additional group work :).

This event will win you points - you do not need to ask for support/help a region to win these points, simply provide a piece of media that represents the effects of Regigigas on your nation. Please either post your piece directly in to this thread, or post a link here for me to see.

This event will end on Friday 6th November.

((Trainers with Regi-mons will experience odd behaviour and their Pokémon, if left outside their Pokéball, will seek out the Regigigas.))

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Heiwa will most definitely need assistance! Regigigas' shenanigans have created a tsunami that will permanently alter the layout of the region!

Follow the events here:

And to match with events as they develop (the media submissions):

And the layout of the region:
CFPJUL6.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Heiwa and the newly separated Sanctuare and Aakor regions have pleaded for help.

Saann will be assisting Heiwa, including assistance from Anna's Adrienne (of Saann) and Bree (of Heiwa).

I recommend that some of Anna's other character/s go to help the other regions - same with anyone else who feels like letting their character/region give aid.

I'm now going to leave this up to region owners to organise, you've got one more week to provide one media piece (minimum). It doesn't need to be lots and lots to take part :).

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Message from Badr Colony A​
DRuR9jP.jpg

Greetings from the moon!

The Badr Colonies have analyzed the severity of the damages of the current known regions, and after a lengthy analysis and discussion, results have shown to be as high as 87.4% negativity (very not good). Consequently, Badr will be sending Paramedics (both human and Pokemon) as well as medicine and medicinal tools.*

The only thing holding back the scope of our aid is the recent factory incident (which is currently resting in Dulra), which we are working on at the moment.

To compensate for this, BadrTech Labs have worked arduously and tested on volunteer human test subjects to examine what relieves nervous tension in times of stress. After many days of research, we have come to a conclusion that observation of pre-mature felines and mammals greatly relieves anxiety. Therefore, being the kind nation we are, we have delivered in this very email.

gH4I2U6.png

For science!

~ Prof. I. D. Charon

*medicine as in ground-up moon rock, which may or may not be poisonous

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Thank you ladies!

Heiwa receives 10 points!

Saann receives 8 points!

Sanctuare/Aakor receives 6 points!
(let me know how you'd like these split :P)

I'll add the points to the leaderboards soon. Part two will commence over the weekend and last until Nov 30.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Part 2

Heeding the call of their ancient ancestor, the Regi-mon of the world had gathered at the newly formed island. Some had come with their trainers, others had come alone - crossing from island to island to meet their master.

Regigigas called out to its brethren, hailing his home coming. Slamming his fist into the ground, the Regi-lord released a huge amount of energy. Nature Power took the form of a grass type move, grass crept up out of the derelict earth and quickly spread across the island. Shrubs, flowers, even small trees began to spring up around the Pokémon.

Content with his work, Regigigas moved to greet his companions. The chattering of beeps and clicks could be heard from miles around as the Regi-mon came together, a family gathering of epic proportions.

TV Crews were awaiting offshore, not daring to get any closer to the enormous beast and its minions. The violent waves had subsided; their boats steady enough to capture the event on camera.

"Get a load of this," a young journalist yelled at his boss. He had been listening to the noises thought his computer, formulating the ancient language into something more understandable.

nov_p16_06_en_kju.jpg

"It's sending out a message. It wants everyone to gather here I think it wants... peace?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regigas summons you! His message seems to be of hope and peace, you must send your region's leader/representative to Regigigas' island (G4 on the new map). You'll be expected to be a true bringer of peace - think how it would be best to appease Regigas and bring about a new era of peace.

Any form of media is acceptable! For this event I ask that you submit a maximum of three pieces, if you are not a region owner but would like to take part then put your ideas forward to someone you can work with. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
pokepoke. It's the 30th. I'll be looking at these tomorrow so please get them in while you can ^_^.

Thread locked for voting~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Cayo receives 10 points!

Saann receives 8 points!

Sanctuare receives 4 points!

Aakor receives 4 points!

Loved the newspaper layout, Chicken Fingers! :) As winner of the event, I invite you to make a closing post informing us of Regigigas' reaction to the efforts of peace. Does he accept them or rampage? Feel free to write a piece yourself, or give me your thoughts and we can work together on a closing post.

Unfortunately, Cheshire Cat, you running out of time meant you didn't actually get to Regigigas with either region, so I felt like I couldn't award as many points. What you had was lovely to read though!

Time for a World Event break! The WoPC GT event is due to start on the 12th - it doesn't directly correlate to all of this but its the first time we'll be integrating the battle server in any significant way.

Over and out! o/

Back