• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
Then just PM me the link to the prepatched ROM, since I'm fairly certain publicly linking ROMs is against site rules.

No, I mean the newest patch is crap and the old patch I no longer have, which means I don't even have it patched. :( Both of us have to wait for Zeta to come back and fix this.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
So, as it turns out, I probably did this when I was either about to pass out or just barely having woken up. I can't tell which. So, I likely selected the wrong file by mistake.

So let's do it again when I'm so tired I nearly fell into the toilet! This one should work now.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
So, as it turns out, I probably did this when I was either about to pass out or just barely having woken up. I can't tell which. So, I likely selected the wrong file by mistake.

So let's do it again when I'm so tired I nearly fell into the toilet! This one should work now.

Please get some sleep, thanks for uploading a new one. Get some sleep and we'll worry about it tomorrow or whatever.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Another update.

I should have been able to get all of the trade evos gone. The mons that used to be traded are either found in a post-game area, or evolved through a shard. Also, because of this, I have blocked off access to as many of the second floors of the pokemon centers as I could remember. After all, if trading isn't in a good state, then there's no point in having that there.

Also, there has been some changes to some very end-game scripts. They're minor, but there.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Been playing the hack and enjoying it so far. Not too many changes from the 'original' but those I've found have all been good. I am particularly grateful for the lowering of the levels of the first gym a bit. That was always one of the most annoying things in Enhanced for me.

But, did you change the level that Chibi Kyouko evolves at? iirc she's supposed to at level 27 yet she has not.

One final thing, I could easily change Renko's sprite back to Blue for you if you'd like.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Been playing the hack and enjoying it so far. Not too many changes from the 'original' but those I've found have all been good. I am particularly grateful for the lowering of the levels of the first gym a bit. That was always one of the most annoying things in Enhanced for me.

But, did you change the level that Chibi Kyouko evolves at? iirc she's supposed to at level 27 yet she has not.

One final thing, I could easily change Renko's sprite back to Blue for you if you'd like.

She's supposed to evolve at 28 in this hack, as far as the tool tells me. And yeah, the first gym was always kind of stupid, but a lot of the more noticeable changes tend to come on later.

And if you could, that would be wonderful. I tried it myself, and it... went less than well.

Years
When Bill brings you back to Kanto after the Three Island stuff, you're placed right on top of the volcano, unable to move. Fortunately, I had a flier on my team, so it was fairly simple to get unstuck.

Still, not everyone puts Fly on a member of their main team - and without Fly or Teleport, you'd probably have to use WTW to get out.

Something to take a look at, for sure.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
When Bill brings you back to Kanto after the Three Island stuff, you're placed right on top of the volcano, unable to move. Fortunately, I had a flier on my team, so it was fairly simple to get unstuck.

Still, not everyone puts Fly on a member of their main team - and without Fly or Teleport, you'd probably have to use WTW to get out.

That sounds like something I completely forgot to edit. It should be fixed now, hopefully.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016

1) Zeta fixed that, so great work Zeta, as always, you're a lifesaver.
2) If you don't have the FLY HM on someone on your team, you're a moron. Like, as soon as I get FLY, I immediately make sure someone has it (same goes with Dig, Teleport, Cut, etc.)

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Okay, after forgetting two things, it should now actually be fixed. Really, the last patch was kind of embarassing. You'll now actually be able to progress to and through the Sevii Islands story, hopefully.

EDIT @ 8:42 PM EST: It wasn't as fixed as I thought. This time it should be, though don't be surprised if it isn't, if only because of my current track record. This is just embarassing of me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
kk, i started to test this hack of a hack and there's one minor nitpic and one imho pretty major.

1: Changing back Renko into Gary. It realy does not make any sense to have him here when the natural counterpart to our player's character is Renko. Right now Maribel looks completely out of place, perhaps think about changing player's character to Red, or bringing back Renko.

2: The major one. I don't know if it was in original TPPE, but having female-only puppets literaly killed breeding system. Especialy is we consider the fact that there's no gender in Touhoumon 1.8 - Symbols were changed into Ying/Yang halves and Hemo just was calling them "Personalities".

Zeta Sukuna

Years
kk, i started to test this hack of a hack and there's one minor nitpic and one imho pretty major.

1: Changing back Renko into Gary. It realy does not make any sense to have him here when the natural counterpart to our player's character is Renko. Right now Maribel looks completely out of place, perhaps think about changing player's character to Red, or bringing back Renko.

2: The major one. I don't know if it was in original TPPE, but having female-only puppets literaly killed breeding system. Especialy is we consider the fact that there's no gender in Touhoumon 1.8 - Symbols were changed into Ying/Yang halves and Hemo just was calling them "Personalities".

I can understand the first one, and I'll admit that if I don't follow up with something else it will be kind of awkward overall, but as soon as I can figure out how to edit battle music in Emerald, Renko will have her own thing. I just don't want them both in both games, because then there's a bit of a 'how the hell did they do that' in my mind.

And two, I believe it was that way in the original TPPE. I changed nothing on that front.

Back