• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite NPC (games)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Since most characters with no direct impact to the plotline of Pokemon games have no real personalities (and are a dime a dozen), this could be a tricky topic, but at the same time "NPC" just means anyone but the player character, who is also mostly blank.

The anime doesn't exist here; this is what is only in the games and just that; list your top favorite characters from the games and why.

1. Jasmine from Johto.
Considering that I was a bit younger when I played, I don't think I've ever fallen harder for a fictional girl, if we're being totally honest, haha.
Even now, I get a warm feeling imagining a girl just like her. And it's because of that, the shyness and meek nature, yet obvious passion in her battling, gets me really interested in wanting to know what she's about.
She comes off as a real person I'd like to actually know and befriend.

2. Yancy
Great job, Game Freak, I've never been more excited to keep talking to a fictional character in any game ever. Once I realized what this was, I traveled like a madman all over the map to keep bringing up her conversations.
I just wish something had paid off between her and the protagonist.
I almost wished this was adapted into a story of some sort, since it was a great little shipping moment and a really adorable coupling.
Unlike with Jasmine, I can't say I was attracted to her, but I liked the chemistry of the meeting and the story between her and the protagonist.

3. Courtney, from the Hoenn remakes.
This character is so bizarre and awesome, I can't help but be glued to the screen whenever she's in the game. What goes on in that brain of hers to be so bizarre. I kind of like it.
She's easily the most perplexing and enigmatic character to date in the series, and literally a solid reason to buy Ruby over Sapphire, as she's literally nowhere in the latter. Criminal.

Years
Hum let's see....it's gotta be Jasmine because she is so sweet and I strive to be the same person as she is, Steven (ORAS) for his awesomeness and reliability, Cynthia for being the coolest Pok?mon character on the planet heh, Cheren (BW2) because he changed and grew so much from his younger self. Ilima gets a mention because he's cute, but that's probably not as good a reason as the others. =p Oh, and Looker! His sidestory in XY was really good. ?

Years
I love Elesa, her design is stunning, and I love her vibrant gym. She also has such a chill, nonchalant vibe to her and I dig it. I always look forward to battling her when I reach Nimbasa. Cynthia is another character I adore, again she has an amazing design and I admire her calm, calculating demeanor. She's mysterious and I find it intriguing how she's so concerned with Sinnoh mythology. Not to mention the fact that she has bomb ass pokemon and is easily one of the strongest champions to date.

Other NPCs that I really like include: Barry (Yes, I know. Unpopular opinion but I find him hilarious), Bianca, Fantina, and Looker.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I like the guy in Classic Silver near Goldenrod (right of the bug catching contest, after the grass) who doesn't battle you until you speak to him. Can't remember if he's in the remakes or not but I always figured the poor guy was blind.

Last edited:
Back