• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Could anyone possibly post the md5 checksum of a correctly patched Pokémon Brown ROM?

I have a Pokémon Red ROM with correct md5 and I patched it with the Pokémon Brown patch from page 1. I've tried playing it in Mednafen and in VBA, and its buggy in both. In Mednafen the game runs fine for about 10 seconds then freezes. Sometimes it makes it to the intro dialogue with Tim(?) but it always freezes at some point. In VBA the graphics are jumbled.

I know my Red ROM is clean and I have been using both emulators successfully for years, so my only guess is that my IPS patcher isn't working right. I'm using JIPS to patch since I can't get Lunar to run under Wine in Linux. So if anyone could post the md5 of a good Brown ROM, or if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!

It's actually illegal and against forum rules to post locations to find ROMs. The best I can say is use Google.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
-.- the contest is over... I would like to be there (stupid TGB)

but anyway congratulations for the winners! :P

You and me both...

Anyways, is there a way to turn Hypercam (the thing that's built into VBA) into film usable on Youtube WITHOUT movie maker? Cause I'd love that... I'd actually be able to MAKE a walkthrough for Brown (and it would be good, I know a lot of secrets about this game)

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
hey coolboyman in the second post you said that there would be a little gift for the people that almost complete the pokedex, could i send you my brown file through e-mail? :D

PD so u herd i liek litle giffts ^^

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
hey coolboyman in the second post you said that there would be a little gift for the people that almost complete the pokedex, could i send you my brown file through e-mail? :D

PD so u herd i liek litle giffts ^^

The contest is over.

can you lz tell me where to download plz???????????????????????

Doing things like asking for downloads is against forum rules. Check the first post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
The contest is over.

Doing things like asking for downloads is against forum rules. Check the first post.

The contest is over.

yeah I know the contest is over but look what collboyman wrote on the second message of this topic:

The contest is OVER! We have our winners!
1. cardboardbox
2. clear
3. pizzakoe
4. Nick (Doesn't go to Pokecommunity)
5. Darkweaville
6. BlueLatios
7. Charles
8. Dominus
9. poddish
10. the.holy.priestess

To those who almost had it, I'll give you all a little gift when Prism's out so you know that you didn't do all that work for nothing.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
To those who almost had it, I'll give you all a little gift when Prism's out so you know that you didn't do all that work for nothing.

Whoops! Sorry I forgot about that. I do remember seeing it now lol. :)

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years

It's actually illegal and against forum rules to post locations to find ROMs. The best I can say is use Google.

Purplenite isn't asking for a ROM they clearly state that they have a good Red ROM already.

What Purplenite wants is a MD5 Checksum of someone elses working Brown ROM. A MD5 is just a way to check that the file is the same as when the author uploaded it and has not been tampered with or corrupted somehow. http://en.wikipedia/wiki/MD5

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Purplenite isn't asking for a ROM they clearly state that they have a good Red ROM already.

What Purplenite wants is a MD5 Checksum of someone elses working Brown ROM. A MD5 is just a way to check that the file is the same as when the author uploaded it and has not been tampered with or corrupted somehow. http://en.wikipedia/wiki/MD5

Oh. Whoops! Sorry I made that mistake.

P.S. Your link has a 404.

Urhungry

Lover of Leavanny
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
Ok so this looks fantastic, I hope that I will be able too play it. Also, on a off topic note (sorry!) what is this tbg people are talking about? Just wondering.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Wow, even I haven't planned those stories for Prism. At least everyone made the 10th spot. Too bad I'm not one of them.

Well, if my computer's going to work again, I should start going to the 7th Gym and write more stories with the Two main characters.

the.holy.priestess

I'll play forever. <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
Man, now all that's left is the item hunt. How many people found all seven? It seems impossible... I spend my Saturdays walking around Rijon, pressing A at every corner, wall, and crevice and I still can't find the last three... D: Such is life.

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
I think I am the only one at the moment.. (For a few months..)
And NO I'm not going to give any tips or hints

the.holy.priestess

I'll play forever. <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
I think I am the only one at the moment.. (For a few months..)
And NO I'm not going to give any tips or hints
Naw, that takes the fun (frustration lol) out of everything. Not fair towards those who actually found the items on their own.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I just noticed a pretty significant glitch. I've googled it and only found it mentioned once and it wasn't on here.
The healing circle in the Haunted Forest disables the D pad. The game doesn't really freeze, since I can still open the menu, but the D pad locks up and I can't move.
It's a good thing I saved a state when the channeler on the bottom floor said "load state 1" or I would've lost a lot of progress. x_x

From the lack of mentions I'm guessing this is probably only an issue with Lameboy and not VBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back