• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Someone just called you a nerd. Are you insulted?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I've never been called a nerd. I went to a school where 80% of the kids liked either Pokemon or Yugioh.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I was probably wearing a Doctor Who shirt at the time, so no.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
It almost never happens. I don't know many people in real life who care about video games, especially Pokemon. As a result, I don't bring it up and keep those interests to myself.

I can think of one time it happened, at lunch, and he probably said it because I bought my DS and was playing Smash Brothers with somebody.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I call myself a nerd and it it makes other people pause and tell me I'm not. lol

maybe i don't fit whatever physical stereotypes it takes to be a nerd, like srry but i am one

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
FSwD6tK.gif

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

LMAO I'm a huge nerd so I'd probably take it as a compliment

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
No, but I do get insulted when someone else is called a nerd but not me. I spend my whole life being a nerd and I'm not even acknowledged as one?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I'm a nerd, but I wouldn't feel offended if someone called me a nerd. For me, the word doesn't hold any negative connotations like it may for others. I would just be like "alright."

Years
Buncha nerds, the lotta ya, with your answers.

But, seriously, probably something like below:

"Yeah. So? What about it?"

"Are we stating the obvious now?"

"Said the nerd."

"You have no idea."

Something in that vein basically.

Back