Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

TrollandToad.com

Old 1 Week Ago (6:57 PM).
i changed (it)
  • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
If you go back to replay to older games, such as HGSS, they only included pokémon from the first couple of generations because those were the only pokémon available. Nowadays, ROM hackers recreate such past games to include pokémon from the most recent generations. While on the other hand some people think there's way too many pokémon and believe pokémon from certain generations are better than other generations.

If you had to create a game with including certain generations of pokémon, what generations would you choose? Why so? Would you include certain lines or legendaries? What would they be?

For me, I would choose just pokémon from generations 1-4 even though I adore some of the newest pokémon. All of the pokémon within those generations have this simplistic balance which made each line and legendary a bit more special imo.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (4:48 PM).
Like a rhythm to the sea
  • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
A region would just Gen III - IV Pokemon, including legendaries. It's an unorthodox combination, but I think it'll be interesting.

I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

Old 1 Week Ago (1:00 AM).
  • Platinum Tier
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
  • Developer

Nature: Quirky
I would like to see what the original Johto Pokémon could do alone without having to be mixed in with the Kanto mons - even if it was the intention when Johto was designed and make sense geographically, the dexes being mixed I think is done to the detriment of many cool and underappreciated Johto Pokémon.
Old 1 Week Ago (4:24 AM).

Nature: Hardy
    Johto/Sinnoh/Unova for the sake of being random. ;)
    Old 1 Week Ago (11:47 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
      I would like to see what the original Johto Pokémon could do alone without having to be mixed in with the Kanto mons - even if it was the intention when Johto was designed and make sense geographically, the dexes being mixed I think is done to the detriment of many cool and underappreciated Johto Pokémon.
      A romhack of GSC or HGSS with just the 100 gen 2 Pokemon and/or their gen 1 relatives would be interesting. Although having just the 100 gen 2 pokemon alone would leave baby Pokemon pointless
      Old 1 Week Ago (12:17 PM).
      Team Salamence
      • Silver Tier

Nature: Serious
      I've only played Gens 1-3 for the most part. I'm making a hack of Fire Red that mainly uses 4-7, but I'm planning on incorporating new fan-made spin-offs of Pokemon like Alolan forms and such into the story. I would say 4-7, with a focus on 5, 6, and 7.

Favorite Pokemon list http://bit.ly/2iW9yvh

Team Salamence is looking for talented and original ROM hackers, check us out at bit.ly/teamhaxorus!
      Old 1 Week Ago (8:04 PM).
      • Platinum Tier
      • PokéCommunity Daily
      • Discord Moderoid
      • Developer

Nature: Quirky
      Just leaving out the original 150 would be interesting given how prevalent they still are. A slightly different Johto thing would be solo Johto dex but with the baby Pokémon slots removed and replaced with Pokémon from later generations.
      Old 1 Week Ago (9:20 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
        Just leaving out the original 150 would be interesting given how prevalent they still are. A slightly different Johto thing would be solo Johto dex but with the baby Pokémon slots removed and replaced with Pokémon from later generations.
        Understand the baby Pokemon, but what about Pokemon like Scizor? Are they caught in the wild now?

Quick Reply