• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
To add on to what PlatinumDude has said, here are the links to the Trade Corner and the Trade Shops sub-forum.

4. Well, I'm fairly sure there are games, but examples would require carefully examining large lists of Pokemon from many different games and that would take too long. In addition I wouldn't say all, just most. But to catch every single Pokemon, you need to own or trade with people who own a variety of Pokemon games since you can't catch all Pokemon in just one or a few games.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Okay, if you had Pokemon Black 2, can you connect or trade friend codes with pokemon black?

ashwinte

I just got done playing Firered. Now I would like to hear your opinions. Should I play Soulsilver/Heartgold, or go the GBC route and play Gold/Silver?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I'd go play the original before playing the remake, no particular reason for me, that's just how I am. It's really up to you (I can see this getting spammed with "It's up to you")

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I just got done playing Firered. Now I would like to hear your opinions. Should I play Soulsilver/Heartgold, or go the GBC route and play Gold/Silver?

If I were you, I would play the next stage of the games and play sapphire, ruby or emerald since it would be a different story line than firered or leafgreen.

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
What is EV training and how do you do it?

I don't know what EV training is.Also, is this a good pokemon team I'm trying to make for double battle?
9284c5714da3150b2e2dab1895db65db0f40858c7910e5dbe.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
[ASK] Cheats and the side-effect

hi everybody.. i'm now playing pokemon leaf green and i'm so desperate to get some event ticket since i play it using vba emulator. after thorough searching on google the only solution is using cheat (gameshark/action replay). since i haven't use any cheat, will it harm my save file or what effect will i get after cheating..

additional question..
how about i use someone's cheated save file to trade something with my original save file. will it also makes my original save file counted as cheated?

thanks in advance..

desperate pokedex collector

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It may harm your game if the codes are wrong or used excessively, from what I understand. Just remember, you can't ask for codes here. And no, trading with a game that has used cheats doesn't make your game hacked or anything.

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
It may harm your game if the codes are wrong or used excessively, from what I understand. Just remember, you can't ask for codes here. And no, trading with a game that has used cheats doesn't make your game hacked or anything.

oh i see.
no, i'm not asking cheat cause actually i don't like using cheat cause it kills the fun of games. it means that my game is totally save right? thanks :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You still have like more than half of the main story to go. You're basically almost done with the first half. Once you get Surf, that's when I consider you've entered into the second half of the game. When you have a question about a specific game, please use the Q&A thread for it. This thread is for generalized gaming questions. Yours was specifically about Ruby, so it would go in the Advance Gen Q&A thread.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, and likewise for any other games you're playing. Like if you were playing Silver and got stuck, you'd ask for help in the Metal/Color Gen Q&A thread. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2014
Too Late to EV Train?

So, my Pokémon Pearl pokémon haven't been EV trained at all, and they're at around level 70-80. Is it pointless to start EV training now? I'll use berries to "undo" the EV points.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2014
I guess it's better late than never :P. I didn't learn about EV training until about a year ago. I'm EV training my pokémon White 2 now. Very boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back