• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Rhy)Su(perior) (OU RMT)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Well, I've had inspiration from two things here:

1.I always use Scizor, and always see it everywhere.
2.I tried using a Ninjask lead in Uber, and the only problem was my lack of prowess in Ubers (it took a while to counter my Deoxys-A with speed boosts, but then I couldn't win).

So, my main tactic is to pull off 3 speed boosts with Ninjask, and pass them to Rhyperior (Who will then have 525 speed, if I understand it right).Obviously, I have support for when that strategy fails (Which it will, knowing me)

In short
291.png
469.png
242.png
130.png
330.png
490.png

In-Depth
291Ninjask.png

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Adamant
248 Hp / 8 Atk / 184 Def / 68 Spe
Protect
Substitute
Baton Pass
X-Scissor

464Rhyperior.png

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Solid Rock
Adamant
136 Hp / 244 Atk / 128 Spe
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Stealth Rock

Standard set, and hopefully, if my Ninjask does Protect-Substitute-Protect-Baton Pass, it should hit 525 speed (which is faster than Deoxys-S is without a boost).
I thought that putting Stealth Rock means that, if someone hasn't seen it coming, then I can get a Stealth Rock up while seeing what their counter is.

242Blissey.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Calm
24 Hp / 252 Def / 232 SpD
Wish
Protect
Seismic Toss
Toxic

Rhyperior has a Base Special Defense of 55-or in other words....nothing.

So, I thought I should use the best special wall around, in order to counter it's switch-ins.
If Rhyperior was switched out earlier, I can use Wish to let Ninjask come in and boost something else's speed(good chance it'll be on 1% hp when it's switched in).

130Gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
156 Hp / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Waterfall
Bounce

Well, while Rhyperior's high defense pairs well with Blissey's special defense, Rhyperior will most likely be sleeping with the fishes (or under 6 feet of grass), so Gyarados, with Intimidate and hardly lacking defenses, can be my switch-in to Blissey counters such as Scizor,Lucario etc.
I chose Bounce due to the water/flying combo only being beaten by Lanturn and Empoleon (Lanturn won't appear often, while Empoleon might).30% Paralysis rate is always going to be useful.

330Flygon.png

Flygon @ Leftovers
Timid
252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Toxic
Roost
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Apparently, there is an infamous combo called "GyaraVire".However, if I predict an electric attack, and switch into a ground attack (i.e. if an Electivire has switched into Gyarados), then I'd be one pokemon less in my party.Flygon, of course, is immune to Ground and Electric, so this is the best partner for Gyarados, I think.
I decided to go with Toxic Stall, as this seems more likely to work that the Choice sets, in that I can Toxic switch-ins like Cresselia, Vapo and Suicune.

This is actually a not fully made team, as I can't decide what to use in the last slot (obviously it should have to counter Steels). I was thinking about running a Heatran (resist Dragon,Ice etc.
This set seems ok:

485Heatran.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Naive
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Explosion
Dragon Pulse

So...rates?

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Maybe Life Orb (or if you're either daring or a prediction whiz, Lansat Berry) on Rhypherior seeing as you aren't passing Swords Dance boosts using Ninjask.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hmmm...good idea.

Do you think Expert Belt'd be viable?Because I dislike Life Orb's habit of killing me

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Expert Belt is viable. I assume you know when a move will be super-effective and when it won't be, though consider it only raises your Attack 20% instead of 30% when it activates. Most sweepers use Life Orb when not using Choice items.

You said your BP strategy is often broken. I'm assuming this is to PHazing or you being foreced to switch, making your Speed boosts disappear.

Your strategy seems like you want to cripple your opponents team for the get go then come in with a late-game sweeper who works best against crippled teams.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hmmm....no.I expect people to switch in a Scizor, who'll break my Sub, where i'll probably not 2HKO him with Earthquake, so Bullet Punch will pwn. Ninjask has never failed me.Ever.

I think Life Orb will work better then.

And actually my strategy is to sweep as much as possible with Rhyperior, send out Bliss,Wish Ninjask back in, set up someone else, and continue sweeping.The PHazers are for when Ninjask has bit the dust.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
If you want a team built specifically around Rhypherior sweeping, use Pokemon that set up for a Rhypherior sweep by both BPing stat ups to him and taking down it's counters beforehand.

Back