• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are the villanous teams done justice?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
By the writers that is - do you feel the villainous teams are done justice in how they are portrayed in the anime? Do you feel certain villainous teams were portrayed better than others? If you were to change the way villainous teams were portrayed in the anime, how would you change it?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Flare had a bit more going for them after the anime, even if the grunts were bland.

Galactica still the best for me. Plasma was a let down and had it not been for the banning of episodes, we could have gotten so much more. Aqua and Magma were terrible. Rocket fluctuate between great and bad. Jury's out on Skull but I like them so far.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I like how Jessie and James are portrayed, although I wish they'd tone down on Jessie's beauty and stardom obsession and gives James a little more moments showing how caring and nice he actually is. I wish there were a few more instances of them interacting with Ash and co to give more depth and more "how the other half lives" moments. It's also interesting when they show their past and how they became Team Rocket members and bad and there are times you just have to feel sorry for them (especially Jessie) and you root for them when things go their way on occasion because they're not just evil and nothing else.

I like how Butch and Cassidy are a slightly more competent version of them and the gag with Butch's name was funny. Cassidy and Jessie's rivalry was funny too.

Personally I liked Team Aqua and Magma and I'm not that into Team Gallactic. I think it worked better to have two competing teams and they end up getting in each other's way.

Back