• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Pokémon Speedrunning

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
^ title

This would likely be a series discussing speedrunning Pokemon games.

Speedrunning is the act of attempting to complete a video game in the fastest time possible. Pokémon has a very active community for this, ranging through every game in the series.

In this series, I'd make an article for each set of games. It would serve as a totally basic guide to the concepts of speedrunning a specific Pokemon game. These would discuss:
The selection of Pokémon for each game,
The basic ideas governing routing (Don't use Pokemon Centers, they are really slow)
S P I N N E R S
Different speedruns within that game (any% vs Glitchless any% vs Catch 'em all, etc.),
interesting route changes or sequence breaks (doing the game's objectives out of order i.e. skipping Brawly until after Flannery),
A brief note on RNG manipulation in the game. The DS games in particular are terribad for this (you literally get a masterball from the lotto corner in HGSS).

Some games may be combined if needed.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Sounds good to me overall. I presume videos of the speedruns would be included in the article?

Which game (or games) would you want to write about first? RBY makes sense in the chronological sense, but you could also do SM/USUM given they're the current generation.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
As I said in discord, pretty solid idea! Speedrunning is a relatively big part of the community so covering this is a good idea imo.

Gets a +1 from me.

Back