• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime Contract Challenge 2018: Sign up for round 6!

Years
hey just reached out, sorry about the wait!

No worries. I'll go for Franxxxxxx as I already have it ready to go. I'm also already watching and enjoying Black Clover. lol

As you like your fighting shows I'll give you something like that. Tetsuwan Birdy Decode.

As it was suggested and I have downloaded a 17 gb folder I will watch Relife at some point too hopefully.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Hey! You can find things I've watched here. Do you have a list too? And do you have any preferred genre?

I'm...working on a list. It's just that I'm really not bothering with it cause I have some other things I wanna do and it's at the lowest of priorities. But for the ones I watched...

- I remember watching a little bit of Beyblade Metal Fusion as a kid.
- Oh, and Bleach. And Naruto too. Pokemon is an obvious one that I watched as well.
- Yu-Gi-Oh...Ah, I remember watching a little bit of the first one and GX as a kid...I think I watched like a few episodes of 5Ds as well. I'm currently watching the Arc-V dub and stuff. Completely skipped Zexel's dub cause...well, I guess I can say thanks to Nick/Nicktoons for basically showing how goddamn obnoxious the main character's voice is. Oh, and I have not seen the Toei Yu-Gi-Oh yet.
- Pokemon movies...I have seen basically all of them on your list. I have not seen The Legend of Thunder yet, though.
- I am goddamn scum for not finishing Juni Taisen yet and I'm gonna finish it at some point this month, Probably.
- I have seen a few episodes of Digimon Adventure 1 and 02. I have also seen the movies as well.

And I think I got them all. Now, as for what I would like to watch...look, as long as it's not too long (Like, maybe 12 to 20 episodes or so), I am fine with watching anything.

...Okay, that's a lie. No SAO for me...just no. Parasyte and certain anime like it just disturb squeamish people like me (even though I'm usually not too troubled by blood in anime). And Tokyo Ghoul just looks...eh, to me.

Right...I was supposed to suggest an anime! Well, since you watched Juni Taisen, how about Magical Girl Raising Project? It's pretty good to me, at least.

Last edited:
Years
Right...I was supposed to suggest an anime! Well, since you watched Juni Taisen, how about Magical Girl Raising Project? It's pretty good to me, at least.

That looks interesting. I'll check it.

And my suggestion? I'm thinking that right now there's melancholic weather in Europe so I would recommend Kimi no Iru Machi.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I was given children of the whales by macho (which is a pleasant surprise, given that just a couple of days prior I'd intended to start watching the show after completing another Netflix series but had decided to put it off for a few days to see what I'd be given in this challenge) and I gave him Mayo Chiki.

Years
Just letting you know I'm watching Magical Girl Raising Project and will finish it tomorrow (I'm 2 episodes from finishing it).

EDIT: Okay, I stayed up yesterday and finished it, so it was technically still in March. And I must say it was an interesting anime. I didn't know there is whole "Mahou Shoujo" genre.

Last edited:
Years
Whoops, didn't finish too busy covering for my parents and turns out that dogs require a lot of attention when you're the only one there. I'll try to watch a couple episodes this week, maybe all if they catch on with me.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Finished the last episode of Children of the whales several days ago. I took some time to let it all sink in and settle on me, and because of that I have some mixed emotions in regards to it. The art is beautiful, and there's several interesting ideas that it doesn't explore nearly enough. I feel that the series would have benefited by an additional two or three episodes - one at the beginning to expand on some relationships before telling those characters to simply screw off, one in the center, and one towards the end to better wrap things up and expand on the other nation.

In all, the show seemed rushed, and it was sorely hurt because of that. It definitely had potential to become a great show, but it was cut short due to a number of different factors. I'd like to say I look forward to a second season of the show, but honestly I could really do without it if it turns out much like the first season. If I find myself interested enough, I may just pick up the manga and see what happens.

Gave the show a 7/10 in total.

Back