• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
Hex edit

Hi Jambo, first great and thanx for making such a fantastic patch.now i can view all the sprites in unlz gba,but dont know how to hex locations to make all 649 pok appear. I have read all tutorials, tried everything i can didnt slept for last T weeks just finding a way out. So a requestk- could you plz give me a save file with the complete pokedex,as i m not able to unlock the pokedex even after changing the 164 bytes as u told. Can u be a little more specific plz. N secondly can u plz create one video to show how to hex edit the location of new pokemons u added, so persons like me can get the idea and do it for all 649 pokemons. Not everyone is perfect in all fields, so for us few too, do it plz. It wont take long to post a save file link n a little vid oon hex editing, bye n take care. Plz do reply.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Please don't text speak. It's absolutely horrible. If you're gonna request that I do something for you in the future, I'll blatantly ignore it if it's written in text speak.

The save file won't work because I've changed how the save system works in between the currently released alpha and the latest version I'm currently working on. You need to do it using the VBA memory edit as I posted above.

You still need to give yourself the National Pokédex and Pokédex in order to see them however. To do that, compile this script using XSE, and give it to an NPC. Speak to the NPC in game to activate the Pokédexes.

Code:
#dynamic 0x760000
#org @main

lock
faceplayer
setflag 0x829
special SP_FRNATIONAL
release
end

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
Sorry

First thank you for replying. And second sorry if i offended you in any way. Am new here so dont know whats text speaking,wont repeat in the future. Thanks for the script too.

Years
So not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but I have a charmander and rattata and when I switch to rattata the game resets, but when I switch from rattata to charmander, it's fine.

-Edit-

Just tested spearow since I caught one, works just fine when switching to him.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
So not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but I have a charmander and rattata and when I switch to rattata the game resets, but when I switch from rattata to charmander, it's fine.

-Edit-

Just tested spearow since I caught one, works just fine when switching to him.

I came across this bug for the first time a few weeks ago. It's fixed on my version of the ROM.

Years
Cool stuff. I have to say I really like the way this thing looks. I can't wait to see it done at least pokemon-wise and then when someone makes a mod for advancemap to work with it. Right now I'm stuck just playing those hacks that just have a couple of Gen Iv/V in them that replace other gens, not to say that replacing most of gen 3 is a bad idea (gen 3 was terrible) but ya know...

Anyways... How far fixing the movesets are you on your version?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I can't wait to see it done at least pokemon-wise and then when someone makes a mod for advancemap to work with it.

Whisper it, but I hear there may be an A-Map mod available for this very purpose... ;P

Right now I'm stuck just playing those hacks that just have a couple of Gen Iv/V in them that replace other gens, not to say that replacing most of gen 3 is a bad idea (gen 3 was terrible) but ya know...

Indeed. I also hated Gen 3's Pokémon.

Anyways... How far fixing the movesets are you on your version?

No further than I was before. It's a long boring process, one which I seriously cannot find the motivation to tackle at this stage. XD

Years
Ah, well if I weren't already swamped with trying to get a job and going to school full time amongst other things, I'd volunteer to at least do the tedious project of that if I were taught how and it not be too difficult to do.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Just wanted to post a quick update.
I now have 34 out of the 88 new abilities working. This includes a couple of small custom battle scripts as well as a lot of ASM.

New Abilities Bold indicates that it's added Italics indicates that it requires a custom battle script Underline indicates that is has no in-battle effect
Spoiler:

With a few of these, I can see how I can implement them fairly easily, I just haven't done so yet.

Last edited:

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Hoooly crap. You've done some amazing work here. The physical/special split alone is reason enough to patch this just for an FR playthrough.

I never thought it would be possible for FireRed to be so thoroughly modified.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Ok this might be very noobish of me but i just want to ask some things
I play the patch on my ipod (gpsphone emulator, jailbroken ipod 2G)
Every pokemon that isn't normally in FR only has the move 'Transform' (Mankey, Octillery, ...)
And i was playing, and i wanted to let my metapod evolve, whenever it reaches lvl 10 and it is supposed to lvl up my game just goes black right after the fight...

Again, i apologize if this is because of the beta, or allready is told in any of the previous pages.

Thanks

D3StR0Y4mike

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
Not sure what this means, but in A-Map, the pokemon don't even go far into gen 4...

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Ok this might be very noobish of me but i just want to ask some things
I play the patch on my ipod (gpsphone emulator, jailbroken ipod 2G)
Every pokemon that isn't normally in FR only has the move 'Transform' (Mankey, Octillery, ...)
And i was playing, and i wanted to let my metapod evolve, whenever it reaches lvl 10 and it is supposed to lvl up my game just goes black right after the fight...

Again, i apologize if this is because of the beta, or allready is told in any of the previous pages.

Thanks
This is simply, as you stated, because it is only in an alpha stage. Not many Pokemon have movesets inserted yet and I working to add these for Jambo now. As for the evolving it could be missing data, or sprites but it will get fixed by the next beta/alpha.
Not sure what this means, but in A-Map, the pokemon don't even go far into gen 4...
A-Map does not currently support Jambo's patch. There isn't much we can do about is except for see if Lu-Ho will be willing to fix it and add support for the patch. For now you can change wild Pokemon locations using HEX.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
Ahh, great work man :), Gamer2020 also made a hack with 649 pokemon (Pokemon Next Generation), but i think this will be better :)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
*Cut for brevity*

Thanks for answering on my behalf, yet again. Lol.
I've been hard at work adding new abilities and fixing bugs as they arise.
The patch is all but finished on my end as it so happens!

Ahh, great work man :), Gamer2020 also made a hack with 649 pokemon (Pokemon Next Generation), but i think this will be better :)

Did you ever stop to think that the 2 may be related? That, perhaps, myself and Gamer2020 shared information, routines and the sort? Lol. Quite a few features in PGE were added to support the new features in both my ROM and his ROM. I'm still very thankful he took the time and effort to add the stuff.

Also, wasn't Pokémon Next Generation an actual HACK, as opposed to a ROM base for others to hack on top of? (Correct me if I'm wrong... lol)

I'll be waiting for the movesets to be in. This is the kind of hack I've always wanted.

You could be waiting a while, bud. They are a pain to implement.

What I still have left to do:
53 Abilities (34 in and working, 1 has no battle effects for a total of 88)
Move Animations
Move Effects
Movesets (Speedster is doing these on my behalf - Thanks again!)
Forme Transitions (currently, only Rotom and Arceus actually change Forme, the rest are currently static).

I fixed the Physical/Special split bug which was discovered on LC on my ROM earlier today, so don't worry about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back