• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EUROVISION 2018 HYYYYPE

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I am EXCITED for this. Eurovision is the best time of the year for me and the run-up is just so darn exciting I can't handle it. So far we have about 25 entries revealed for this year with more coming over this weekend. Full list so far is linked here. I have a Google Sheets spreadsheet made with all of the links ready if anyone wants them; PM me or something if you do!

So what's your favourite act so far? Which country can you see winning? And do you even care at all?

Personally my favourite so far this year has been Italy, up until yesterday when Finland revealed their full performance. This is now 100% my clear winner; Saara Aalto is unbeatable, 11/10.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
Saara Aalto sounds absolutely amazing. O__O

I haven't been keeping up with Eurovision but I usually listen to the highly rated songs when the contest is ongoing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Saara Aalto sounds absolutely amazing. O__O

I haven't been keeping up with Eurovision but I usually listen to the highly rated songs when the contest is ongoing.
Omg yes she DOES ♥♥♥ If you're interested in the other highly rated songs so far this year, the top picks at the moment are generally considered France (Madame Monsieur - Mercy), Spain (Alfred & Amaia - Tu Canción), Estonia (Elina Nechayeva - La Forza) and Czech Republic (Mikolas Josef - Lie To Me). My personal other favourite is Italy (Ermal Meta e Fabrizio Moro - Non mi avete fatto niente)! Curious what you think of these if you listen to any; let me know if you do :D

blue

gucci
Years
Finland to win, mainly because I love Saara Aalto but also bc I have a £20 bet on her to win. Monsters is such a good song too! I'd heard it last month when she was releasing her 3 songs and it was easily my favourite of the 3. So glad it's been chosen as the representing song.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Finland to win, mainly because I love Saara Aalto but also bc I have a £20 bet on her to win. Monsters is such a good song too! I'd heard it last month when she was releasing her 3 songs and it was easily my favourite of the 3. So glad it's been chosen as the representing song.
I cannot agree more ♥ Did you watch the live performance from the selection show? Absolutely stunning. If you haven't I would definitely suggest it!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
Thanks for the recommendations, Squirrel! I'll look into the various songs. :P

I used to follow Eurovision many years ago but I haven't watched it much in recent years. Some of my historical favorites have been "Me and My Guitar" by Tom Dice and "Children of the Universe" by Molly!

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I cannot agree more ♥ Did you watch the live performance from the selection show? Absolutely stunning. If you haven't I would definitely suggest it!

Spoiler:

I did! The staging was kinda off but I believe Saara has requested for it to be changed which will hopefully boost her chances of winning if they can improve it enough.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Aaaaaa Eurovision hype! Though I don't listen to the songs until the semi's because half of Eurovision is all about the performance and I can't see that until it airs.

Back