• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC likes you.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
The only complaint I have is the location of the like button. Is it possible at all to move it closer to the rest of the post options like the reply button? Having it isolated like that makes it a tad bit unpleasant to the eye, particularly with some of the darker styles (I'm using Dawn of Champions with the Legacy format and it just looks... unpleasant.)

Seems to be working fine though from what I've seen. Gonna give it a test here shortly to see if I have any technical problems. Thanks for all the effort and hard work, Audy.

The problem with that is that Dawn of Champions uses icons for the post options, which would fit well with the Like interface. However, other skins use buttons for the post options, it would look even more unpleasant if they were grouped. Not to mention that the Like are expands when the post is liked, which would clash with the post options in any case...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I like this feature, the little Sentret is so cute :3. It works fine for me, thank you for this nice feature.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
If I recall correctly, I think I remember staff and others saying we were going to stay away from any "like" buttons so as to not become like Facebook? Oh well, it's a neat feature; seems to work fine for the moment.

Now to wait for the expected "like my post!!1!" posts.

Years
I saw this, which looks to me like a bug:

5x7ae8.jpg

I tried to see if it was possible to 'like' something twice and it didn't seem possible.

That aside, this is a nice feature.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
The like button doesn't feature on the layout I'm using now, for whatever reason, which I prefer since I have no intention of ever using it. No offence to you, Ausaudriel, you've done a really great job with this. It's just not for me.

Echidna

Years
Okay, I made some aesthetic enhancements. :3c Now to view who has liked the post, click on the number and it gives you a nice popup menu.

I'm going to work on making the like button a little better integrated visually, and also fix the legacy postbit so that it doesn't take up quote so much vertical room.

Also, just to reiterate, I'll add an unlike button. XD; I just want to work on other parts first.

Ermahgerd, that popup menu is beautiful <3
Great job really! :3

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Having a like system =/= Facebook, and aside from Post Comments, we don't have rep.

I could have sworn the post comment thing was a rep system.

Also, I just hate "Like" features on forums in general, or just about anywhere. There are problems I'd rather not have that the "Like" feature brings.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Although I think it'll take time for me to remember it's there, I'll be definitely making use of this handy feature. Especially when I can't be bothered to reply to a topic on a school morning.

Edit:
I could have sworn the post comment thing was a rep system.

Also, I just hate "Like" features on forums in general, or just about anywhere. There are problems I'd rather not have that the "Like" feature brings.

It's not really a rep system since users don't really gain anything or any rank other than advice or constructive criticism on their posts. For me personally, I haven't experienced or seen any major issues -- even little issues for that matter -- that have arised from 'like'/like-like features.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Although I think it'll take time for me to remember it's there, I'll be definitely making use of this handy feature. Especially when I can't be bothered to reply to a topic on a school morning.

Edit:

It's not really a rep system since users don't really gain anything or any rank other than advice or constructive criticism on their posts. For me personally, I haven't experienced or seen any major issues -- even little issues for that matter -- that have arised from 'like'/like-like features.
I just don't see any purpose for it. Is it just there to make you feel good about yourself? I can't see any use for it apart from that and that it may affect post content.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
What browser are you using?

Chrome. Forever Standing skin on PC. I think nothing happens when I try to "like" something. But it might just be the skin since it works for others.

"Unlike" would be a good thing to have, yeah. Not for doing thumbs down (since that would surely make some grouchy) but for taking away your like. Just like on fb :3

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I really "like" it. xD
Hope it'll forever stay as a cute Furret. I love Furret. <3

Anyway, can the message "7 people like this post" 's font size be decreased a little bit? :\
I find them kinda...normal. Can't find the right word at the moment.

But it's okay as it is, but I just feel that it'll be better if the font is decreased a bit.
I dunno. That's just me.

*feel free to click the dislike button if you don't agree with me*

Echidna

Years
*feel free to click the dislike button if you don't agree with me*
Lol nice one.
BUT IT'LL BE MADE SOME DAY AND YOU'LL REGRET SAYING THAT!!!!111!!1

On a second note, I agree with you :3
The font size on the number of likes would be better if it were smaller, kinda like this here...

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Once it is fully implemented, is there going to be an option to hide it or at least disable notifications (if notifications about someone "liking" your post will be added) when someone likes your post? I assume this would probably be hard to do, but I am not a coding whiz so I don't really know either. I'm not really interested with any "like" feature that any websites have, outside of Facebook or not.

Years
Anyway, can the message "7 people like this post" 's font size be decreased a little bit? :\
I find them kinda...normal. Can't find the right word at the moment.

But it's okay as it is, but I just feel that it'll be better if the font is decreased a bit.
I dunno. That's just me.

^^This. It should be the same size as the postbit details or "edit by..." text. The Furrent logo is a little over-the-top, but I daresay it will be toned down and adapted to most/new styles in the same way the quote/edit buttons and online indicator have been.

I'd also like the option to remove a like. That's not a dislike by any stretch of the word, just an option to remove your own like if you change your mind or whatever. Don't get me wrong, though - it's a cool idea and I think the best solution to keeping positive feedback simple without it getting out of hand.

Also, that's the 10th 500 Internal Server error in the last 10 minutes... PC IS IMPLODING!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't care much for the like system really, so eh. Dislikes seem...idk. I think we should lay off having those. :x Because that's gonna be like rep in that people will gang up on a post and then people will pay no mind to it, though this is speaking for debate threads in places like Other Chat and it could also apply to lots of threads that show up in CQ&F. So...the likes are fine, but...maybe having the dislike would be too far. :/ My two cents anyway...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm fine with the like system, but please, no dislike system. I would hate that. The only thing that would do is cause arguments and such. Plus, not really any need for a dislike button.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I sometimes run into a post I find really funny and wish there was a like button. And now there is! It is going to be helpful for when you want people to know that this post made you laugh(or something).

PS: Change the title of this thread please. This one is kind of creepy :cross-eye

Back