• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Charcoal_Lover

Rocket Executive/Novice Modder
Years
Great Game, I love Snakewood. I love the Girls sprite, I hope you make the overworld sprites for the players' soon. I don't care that the title screen doesn't say "Snakewood" in my opinion it continues where Ruby let off. On my copy I personally "modded" an script in Petalburg City, to give me TM23. It was very useful to me I taught it to an Pikachu I caught in the woods. (Steel is great against, Rock and Ice Pokemon) I have an Bitmap of where I scripted the TM, I'll try to put it up later. (I just edited the previous script in Advance Map. It was hiding close to the entrance to Route 104, by the tree boarder. But, I remapped it to be in an single rock.) It really improved my game; Oh, and I love the medical kit Idea.

Varelse

Indeed a fan
Years
I would advise the creators of this game to remove the Level 1 kingmadio with only night shade from the dark gym leaders team because my last poke was my HM Slave Zigzagoon with only normal moves and surf, so it couldn't touch the kingmadio and the Kingmadio couldn't touch Zigzagoon because the Kingmadio only had Night shade, I has to restart the game and I hadn't saved state for a while. I ended up having to Struggle stall it from recoil, wasn't very fun >:(

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
D: Where do I find Gleis in Lilycove?

Gleis isn't in Lilycove, which is probably why you can't find him.

Great Game, I love Snakewood. I love the Girls sprite, I hope you make the overworld sprites for the players' soon. I don't care that the title screen doesn't say "Snakewood" in my opinion it continues where Ruby let off.

Thank you, and I hope you don't encounter any game-killing glitches that make you stop liking Snakewood.

I would advise the creators of this game to remove the Level 1 kingmadio with only night shade from the dark gym leaders team because my last poke was my HM Slave Zigzagoon with only normal moves and surf, so it couldn't touch the kingmadio and the Kingmadio couldn't touch Zigzagoon because the Kingmadio only had Night shade, I has to restart the game and I hadn't saved state for a while. I ended up having to Struggle stall it from recoil, wasn't very fun >:(

Your advice is duly noted, but I'm not changing anything. I know exactly how annoying Kingmadio is, and put it there on purpose. You could have actually defeated it with Zigzagoon; eventually, it would have Struggled to death.

Remember, this game is supposed to be harder than the originals. Also, it's intentionally annoying. Very, very annoying.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
For anyone who's still having trouble beating Kingmadio: If it's Haruko's Kingmadio, teach a Zigzagoon Oder Sleuth and use stuff like Tackle and Headbutt or just get a Shroomish and use Leech Seed or Poisonpowder. For the others, use a Machop/Machoke/Machamp that has Foresight and then hit it with a Fighting move.

Last edited:

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
hey! do not, i repeat, do not leave pokemon snakewood! its one of the best hacks ive ever played and i play a lot of hacks. i love the storyline and how you put in some zombified pokemon. its almost like a morbid twist to pokemon but with humor mixed in to make it less morbid. i found the deadly seven to be hilarious...... major mental problems with them tho.... anyways, please do not leave this hack! i have seen a lot of good hacks been tossed aside left in alpha or beta phase and never finished! it pisses me off that people give up so easily and i hope you would please continue with snakewood.

-Light

Cutlerine

Years
hey! do not, i repeat, do not leave pokemon snakewood! its one of the best hacks ive ever played and i play a lot of hacks. i love the storyline and how you put in some zombified pokemon. its almost like a morbid twist to pokemon but with humor mixed in to make it less morbid. i found the deadly seven to be hilarious...... major mental problems with them tho.... anyways, please do not leave this hack! i have seen a lot of good hacks been tossed aside left in alpha or beta phase and never finished! it pisses me off that people give up so easily and i hope you would please continue with snakewood.

-Light

Don't worry, I'm not ending it before the end of the story. I'm going to fully tie up some loose ends and put in a few more hidden features and areas before stopping. Then I'll start getting serious about Keratin, and probably periodically update Snakewood with minor thingummabobs. So Snakewood won't die, just move on to a different plane of existence. Like Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, only completely different.

Oh, and I've just reposted the Boardroom map, and also put up a map for the Necropolis' Super Trick Maze. Also, I've put up the solution to the Gym Island puzzle. So head on over to the first post for muchos answers!

Last edited:

Varelse

Indeed a fan
Years
Cutlerine, I've got a question. I was going through the oh-so-maddening Maddio cave, and when I went through some door, I was transferred to Wallys house with no way to get back. I honestly don't remember whatsoever how to get back, because I think the ship dropped me off near mount pyre, and the ship's not there anymore, so I have no clue what to do. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Cutlerine

Years
Cutlerine, I've got a question. I was going through the oh-so-maddening Maddio cave, and when I went through some door, I was transferred to Wallys house with no way to get back. I honestly don't remember whatsoever how to get back, because I think the ship dropped me off near mount pyre, and the ship's not there anymore, so I have no clue what to do. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Two things.

1) Which door took you to Wally's house? That needs to be fixed.

2) I don't think you can get back, because you were never meant to go back to Wally's house. Don't worry, though, I've thought of a solution. Await my PM.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014

Not that this will be helpful, but I remember having the same thing happen, but I got lucky by reverting to a previous save.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
Don't worry, I'm not ending it before the end of the story. I'm going to fully tie up some loose ends and put in a few more hidden features and areas before stopping. Then I'll start getting serious about Keratin, and probably periodically update Snakewood with minor thingummabobs. So Snakewood won't die, just move on to a different plane of existence. Like Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, only completely different

oh, thats a relief.... say, what phase is this game in? i just beat monsterous winona and her brother... one of the hardest battles of my life i must say... is there more after it because i cant figure out how to get to lilycove.

Varelse

Indeed a fan
Years
Two things.

1) Which door took you to Wally's house? That needs to be fixed.

2) I don't think you can get back, because you were never meant to go back to Wally's house. Don't worry, though, I've thought of a solution. Await my PM.
Sorry, I really couldn't tell you which door it was, I was really just wandering wherever the hell I wanted to ;/

Could anyone tell me if theres any equivalent of an exp share in this game and where is it?Because I'm at lilycove, and I just decided to try an train my Mysteryegg
icon6.gif

Last edited:
Years
By the way...

Culterine are you a troper? If you are maybe we'll meet next month as I'll be a troper too.

Also the 95% version is just up to Gym Island right? What is with the Gym Island at Route 126 also, can you go there in the 95% version? By the way in the first post Pokemon ROM Hacks are referenced as it says, I believe ROM Hacks like Brown, Prism, Quartz are referenced? I will try to find these references while I play...

Unfitting Music...

...and Pokemon Snakwood!

I like this ROM Hack and it will be Hack of the Month one month. Maybe next month? And where will you go from here? ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Fufufu even I couldn't tell you that.

Cutlerine

Years
By the way...

Culterine are you a troper? If you are maybe we'll meet next month as I'll be a troper too.

Also the 95% version is just up to Gym Island right? What is with the Gym Island at Route 126 also, can you go there in the 95% version? By the way in the first post Pokemon ROM Hacks are referenced as it says, I believe ROM Hacks like Brown, Prism, Quartz are referenced? I will try to find these references while I play...

Unfitting Music...

...and Pokemon Snakwood!

I like this ROM Hack and it will be Hack of the Month one month. Maybe next month? And where will you go from here? ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Fufufu even I couldn't tell you that.

I reference a lot of things. I don't remember all of them, sorry. In fact, I keep finding old things I did that surprise me now when I see them.

Also, Snakewood's already been Hack of the Month. Like every other hack on the forum. Check the first post.

Oh, and I'm not a troper, sorry.

How do i face the fortree gym leader?

Rock-types are your best bet. Winona still uses Flying-types, and Veracity uses Fire-types. I took both of them down with my Golem, Frutilicus, with backup from my new Emolga, JingleRoad.

I love naming Pokémon.

Man Cutlerine I have to say I love Snakewood seriously I have been searching for this hack for years i havent been able to put it down! It Gives me the new pokemon experience that I have craved for so long while also keeping me totally immersed. Plus I gotta say the obscure references to random stuff have kept me laughing the whole time especially the deadly 7. Just on my way to challenging the elite four now cant wait to see whats in store for me there.

Back