• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
@gymnotide, so you mean you can't catch a pokemon unless its at perfect health and status
No. Gymnotide is saying exactly what she said. You can only deposit a Pokemon into the PC when it is at full health. This is because depositing heals the Pokemon to full, which would defeat the purpose of the challenge, which was to not use Pokemon Centers,

Also, Day Cares also heals when you take the Pokemon out.

Years
I dunno if this idea has already been mentioned, but what about a "First Five Pokemon You See" challenge? Basically, you pick whatever starter you want, go through the game until you get access to Pokeballs, and then the first five wild Pokemon you see, you have to capture and use in the challenge. No fainting them until you get the one you want; if you get stuck with five Pidgeys, you use five Pidgeys. Ex:

I play Blue Version and start with Squirtle. I get the Pokedex, go to Viridian City the second time and buy ten or so Pokeballs. I go north and the first thing I see is a Pidgey so I capture it. I then find a Rattata (capture), and enter Viridian Forest where I see a Metapod, a Pikachu, and a Caterpie. I can evolve them, but these six are the only Pokemon I can use for the duration of the challenge.

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
No. Gymnotide is saying exactly what she said. You can only deposit a Pokemon into the PC when it is at full health. This is because depositing heals the Pokemon to full, which would defeat the purpose of the challenge, which was to not use Pokemon Centers,

Also, Day Cares also heals when you take the Pokemon out.

okay thanks for that, than I guess I'll put catching a Pokemon at full health into my own challenge that I'm engineering

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Forgive me if this has been stated in this thread already, but has there been a gym leader/E4 signature pokemon challenge yet, where you have to contruct your team out of the signature pokemon of the eight gym leaders or E4 members only (in HGSS, you're team has to be made up of six of the following: Pidgeot, Scyther/Scizor, Miltank, Haunter/Gengar, Poliwrath, Onix/Steelix, Mamoswine, Kingdra, Xatu, Crobat, Machamp, Houndoom, or Dragonite)?

It severely limits your selection of pokemon, but it gives you a chance to use some of the powerhouses your gonna be forced to fight against anyways. XD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
yeah I think there's already a challenge for that, but I'm too lazy to put up the link, lol

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
@ Sceptile: You're basically thinking of the "First Come, First Served" Challenge
@ Gymno: I don't know of any existing Challenge like that, other than AceDragonite pointing his finger at me to complete it.
@ Timbjerr: There isn't a challenge like that, although there is a Gym/Elite Four Challenge, where you have to use Pokemon the Elite Four uses.
@ Sydian #1: Right now, I'm doing a Gym disadvantage Challenge, about to start an anime team challenge (Ash in RBY), and Ultimate Ghost Monotype (I'm stuck at Wake in Pt). I've also signed up for Random, Alphabet, and 3rd Gen Duo, although am not currently working on them.
@ Sydian #2: My favorite challenges are monotypes I think. I really like most challenges as long as its not too easy, or any challenge on RBY because its too easy for me. I can run through any challenge on RBY no matter the team in usually 1:30, so those challenges are quick. But monotypes are my favorite.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@ Sceptile: You're basically thinking of the "First Come, First Served" Challenge
@ Gymno: I don't know of any existing Challenge like that, other than AceDragonite pointing his finger at me to complete it.
@ Timbjerr: There isn't a challenge like that, although there is a Gym/Elite Four Challenge, where you have to use Pokemon the Elite Four uses.
@ Sydian #1: Right now, I'm doing a Gym disadvantage Challenge, about to start an anime team challenge (Ash in RBY), and Ultimate Ghost Monotype (I'm stuck at Wake in Pt). I've also signed up for Random, Alphabet, and 3rd Gen Duo, although am not currently working on them.
@ Sydian #2: My favorite challenges are monotypes I think. I really like most challenges as long as its not too easy, or any challenge on RBY because its too easy for me. I can run through any challenge on RBY no matter the team in usually 1:30, so those challenges are quick. But monotypes are my favorite.

well, you ARE challenge king after all, mine was a bit harder, as in no marts, or centers, six pokemon is all you get.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
That's about all you would be able to get. I only know for sure of 4 balls you can get, 2 Pokeballs, one Great Ball, and the Master Ball. I'm sure there's a couple more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head (this is for Red/Blue). You would be able to get 5 events (Starter, Fossil, Eevee, Hitmonchan/lee, Lapras), but you really wouldn't want that many Pokemon, because you'd have to train them all up with limited attacks. I think when I do this, I'm going to try for a Nidoking solo run, maybe have one more... I don't know yet.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I'd like to see an ultimate solo challenge where you have to have 1 R/S/E, 1 Completed Platinum, and 1 Completed HG/SS, and you start on R/S/E and Pal Park it to the Platinum where you use it to beat every Gym Leader from the Gym Leader rematches, then trade it to HG/SS and do the same thing. Just to be able to say you beat every gym leader and every member of the Elite four of every region with one (the exact same) Pokemon.

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
How about a Cooperation or Team challenge, where all your Pokemon have to stay within one level of eachother. Also, you need to have a team of 3 pokemon by the 1st gym, 5 by the 2nd, and 6 by the 3rd.

You can challenge yourself more by adding certain things, like maybe you have to get all 6 by the 1st gym, or make it a Nuzlocke challenge as well.

I was gonna make a challenge like this but I'm too lazy, so anyone can take the idea.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
How about a Cooperation or Team challenge, where all your Pokemon have to stay within one level of eachother. Also, you need to have a team of 3 pokemon by the 1st gym, 5 by the 2nd, and 6 by the 3rd.

You can challenge yourself more by adding certain things, like maybe you have to get all 6 by the 1st gym, or make it a Nuzlocke challenge as well.

I was gonna make a challenge like this but I'm too lazy, so anyone can take the idea.

It wouldnt be much of a challenge, because most people keep their team within a level of each other.

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
Oh, I was kinda under the impression that most people didnt get 6 Pokemon, and that they wouldnt keep it balanced if so.

Well what if it was a speed challenge as well?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years

That's exactly how I play on casual runs of Pokemon games, but there are people who might have never tried using a full team of six and keeping levels balanced. :P

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
So do I, but it could be a challenge to make it a speed challenge, as getting a whole team of 6 and keeping it even while beating the game as quick as possible isnt necessarily easy.

Or you could make it like a Nuzlocke challenge, except you can't catch any extra Pokemon either, which I think you can do in a Nuzlocke challenge I'm not sure.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
idk. Just seems like a mesh of challenges to me...which, hey, "the mesh of challenges challenge"! That'd be insane. I wouldn't try it, but that's cause I'm really lazy.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
idk. Just seems like a mesh of challenges to me...which, hey, "the mesh of challenges challenge"! That'd be insane. I wouldn't try it, but that's cause I'm really lazy.
Lawl, I tried to make something like that, but it failed. Basically, you were supposed to pick one pokemon, do an ultimate monotype with one of its types (and that Pokemon had to remain on your team at all times), do an Ultimate Solo with that Pokemon, then an alphabet challenge using him, then a color challenge, and then if he was on a gym leaders team at any point, you had to do a challenge for that. Sadly, nobody would do that.

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
Yeah I guess it seemed better in thought.

Well anyway, how about a theme team challenge. For example:
Pokemon based on 6 of the 7 sins. Primeape - Wrath, Milotic - Lust, Persian - Pride, etc.
Pokemon based on the 5 senses. Probopass - Smell, Lickilicky - Taste, Ambipom - Touch, etc.
Pokemon based on mythological creatures. Rapidash - Unicorn, Dragonite - Western Dragon, etc.

Its just for fun really, as the only thing it challenges is one's creativity.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Loudred for sound, and any pokemon with Keen Eye for sight?

I know somewhere on this forum people tried to assign an ability for each deadly sin... They were okay, but they couldn't get all 7.

Overall, I don't like challenges that have wiggle room for teams. The animal teams are okay, where you can only use like dogs for instance, and you get to come up with what Pokemon are dogs, but I dunno, it seems that someone could argue quite a bit, and if the OP doesn't like it, that could potentially be bad.

I think posting in story mode rather than picture/key event mode is creative enough for me. But then again, I'm usually not all that much for creativity, and like efficiency better.

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
Well they would just have to ask for approvement by the OP, and as long as they are lenient it hsould be fine. I find it fun to have a creative team, and limiting it may be a challenge.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Okay the seven sins should be this

Wrath: Tyrannitar
Gluttony: Snorlax
Lust: Roserade
Pride: Piplup (or Empoleon, but only Piplup is said to be proud)
Greed-Persian or Honchkrow maybe
Envy: Derp? I can't think of any really Jealous Pokemon or Envious one
Sloth: Slaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back