• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Melanite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
haha, thats how I felt when i first moved, Its a nice feeling, it feels like you've accomplished something, and people will start caring a little more, but then people will be more demanding and wanting more content to play

That's what I'm worried about. I'll post and then everyone will say what I've been told was good can be better and should be better, and then I'll feel like I need to redo everything...again XD

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
It's a nice layout for a Gym, although it might be a bit linear (but I don't know whether that's acceptable for a Gym layout). Hopefully it at least won't be as neatly round as your sketch (unless that's intentional).

Which particular Alph puzzle(s) will you be using? There are 7 variants in my minigame, some way harder than others. :D

One possibility is to make this Gym something like Cinnabar Island's Gym. That is, to open an alternative path (e.g. underground) with fewer trainers if the player completes the puzzle. You could even give the player just one chance at each puzzle, and force a battle upon failing to solve it. There are many ways you could go with this.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
It's a nice layout for a Gym, although it might be a bit linear (but I don't know whether that's acceptable for a Gym layout). Hopefully it at least won't be as neatly round as your sketch (unless that's intentional).

Which particular Alph puzzle(s) will you be using? There are 7 variants in my minigame, some way harder than others. :D

One possibility is to make this Gym something like Cinnabar Island's Gym. That is, to open an alternative path (e.g. underground) with fewer trainers if the player completes the puzzle. You could even give the player just one chance at each puzzle, and force a battle upon failing to solve it. There are many ways you could go with this.

That is true. I plan on using the 3 fossil pokemon ones. Kabuto, Omanyte, and Aerodactly since the gym leader loves fossil pokemon and the badge is the fossil badge. I like that idea with the one chance too. I'll probably decide when I get to the point of making the town the gym is in. I'm still working on the town before it.

Someone in the Pokemon Essentials Sections asked about how to make Hidden Grottos, so I came up with a way! There is a tutorial sort of Add On in the Pokemon Essentials Section right now.
Spoiler:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I meant which kind(s) of puzzle would you be using? The regular Ruins of Alph one (a jigsaw), or Alph with rotations, or the 15 puzzle one, or what?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I meant which kind(s) of puzzle would you be using? The regular Ruins of Alph one (a jigsaw), or Alph with rotations, or the 15 puzzle one, or what?

Woah! I never noticed there were so many. I just planned on using the regular Ruins of Alph version. I just looked through them and they are awesome. Some of them seem really hard. I'm going to use the star rotation one later for sure.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
part_of_the_prophecy_by_rayd12smitty-d5ui3wy.png

EDIT: Oh and to clear something up, the white and black ball things are not the orbs. They only represent them. The actually orbs are somewhere else
Looks amazing, as does everything else. However, you made a slight error. The dialogue says, "About 30 years ago, a Pokémon named Darkrai come to the region.". That should be, "About 30 years ago, a Pokémon named Darkrai came to the region." Sorry, just bugged me a lot. Anyway, really like the idea & design of the Yin and Yang characters :D

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Looks amazing, as does everything else. However, you made a slight error. The dialogue says, "About 30 years ago, a Pokémon named Darkrai come to the region.". That should be, "About 30 years ago, a Pokémon named Darkrai came to the region." Sorry, just bugged me a lot. Anyway, really like the idea & design of the Yin and Yang characters :D

Haha thanks. I've proof read it and fixed that a while ago XD.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I finally got better sprites and such for the VS Scene :D Also, I haven't shown much of the female player, so I used her in the screenshot.

I added lightning and got better sized sprites.

updated_vs_scene_by_rayd12smitty-d5xllv1.png

What do you think?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
trainer_card_updated_a_little_by_rayd12smitty-d5xv2fg.png

Minor update here. I fixed up the trainer cards a little. I don't feel like the trainer card is important enough to go through the trouble of custom scripts or anything special. I did make two small adjustments. I fixed up the badge display to look better and I changed the picture used for the picture. It is a .gif with the overworld sprite walking

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
trainer_card_updated_a_little_by_rayd12smitty-d5xv2fg.png

Minor update here. I fixed up the trainer cards a little. I don't feel like the trainer card is important enough to go through the trouble of custom scripts or anything special. I did make two small adjustments. I fixed up the badge display to look better and I changed the picture used for the picture. It is a .gif with the overworld sprite walking

Nice touch with the .gif :)

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Out of curiosity, did you modify any other base scripts?

Umm, off the top of my head:

I added a toggle run/walk button as the "S" key (FL.'s script I believe. tutorial on the wiki)
I made it possible to speed up surfing/diving just like running. (Press the run key to go faster)
Changed a lot of text colors
Added Following Pokemon with help from lots of people
Edited the load screen script with Carmaniac's script
Added speech bubbles from Carmaniac's script
Added a custom menu with Venom12's help
Changed the picture that shows up in the trainer card
Maruno helped me change how reflections show up to let some of my events work
Changed the position of the icon that shows where the player is on a map to allow for a taller icon

There are probably a couple more but thats what I can think of.

Anyway, I didn't end up liking the trainer card much. I was bored so here's a new version
Spoiler:

Last edited:

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Umm, off the top of my head:

I added a toggle run/walk button as the "S" key (FL.'s script I believe. tutorial on the wiki)
I made it possible to speed up surfing/diving just like running. (Press the run key to go faster)
Changed a lot of text colors
Added Following Pokemon with help from lots of people
Edited the load screen script with Carmaniac's script
Added speech bubbles from Carmaniac's script
Added a custom menu with Venom12's help
Changed the picture that shows up in the trainer card
Maruno helped me change how reflections show up to let some of my events work
Changed the position of the icon that shows where the player is on a map to allow for a taller icon

There are probably a couple more but thats what I can think of.

Anyway, I didn't end up liking the trainer card much. I was bored so here's a new version
Spoiler:
Cool, cool, but.... where'd that gif go?????

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I decided to drop it:/ It was cool at first but got annoying to look at. I also wanted a more realistic ID with a mugshot for the pic

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Update time! I haven't gotten any farther in the actual game, but I HAVE done this:D

welcome_to_the_pokemon_master_tournament__by_rayd12smitty-d5z49hr.png

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Awesome! The championship thing in action! This looks really good, now I'm really psyched up for the release of this game. Hope a demo comes soon!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Thanks :D The tournament wouldn't be in the demo. I am actually planning this for post elite four gameplay. I just kind of wanted a break from making maps and events and I'm waiting for some trainer sprites to get done so I decided to start working on this now. It has actually turned out to be not nearly as hard as I thought, just really time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back