• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Abilitiessss

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Kay bro. Imma discuss yo.

I think the best ability in BW was Sap Sipper. My deerling used to have it, and whenever some random trainer used a grass-type move on me, I made this face:

Awww_yeah.jpg

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Probably Moxie, Magic Bounce and Contrary.
Moxie gives sweepers even MOAR sweep powers, Magic Bounce reflects status moves and Contrary...Contrary just saves you from cursed. sand. attack.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Here are my favorite abilities:
-Moxie: steadily makes physical sweepers more powerful as they KO things left and right
-Magic Bounce: not caring about most status moves makes supporting or sweeping an easy task
-Sand Rush: this is the ability that made Excadrill, one of my favourite Pokémon, into a monster
-Regenerator: free HP upon leaving battle is nice
-Sheer Force: this is the reason why Darmanitan is insanely powerful and made the Nidos even more useful than they ever were before

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I loved the addition of Sap Sipper, some other ones that come to mind are Moxie and Magic Bounce, though. I haven't really had a chance to use Moxie or Magic Bounce but Sap Sipper on my Sawsbuck was beast.

Years
My four favorite abilities that were added for the 5th gen, in no particular order, are Regenerator, Telepathy, Magic Bounce and Harvest. Telepathy is good for avoiding attacks like Surf in double and triple battles, while Regenerator is just a convenient ability all around. Magic Bounce and Harvest are unfortunately only available to 3 Pokemon each as Hidden Abilities, but I think their rarity is part of why I like each so much.

Years
5th Generation introduced some of my favorite abilities ever, notably Magic Bounce, Moxie, Sap Sipper and Regenerator.

Regenerator is very fun when combined with U-turn, and Mienshao likes to abuse it well. Sap Sipper always makes you laugh at Grass-type attackers since it gives you a free Attack boost. Magic Bounce was what made Espeon so awesome in competitive play and Moxie can turn your physical sweepers into deadly monsters after a knockout or two.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I never payed much attention to the newer ablities, although I can say my favourites were Harvest and Sap Sipper. Also Justified was a hell of a breakthrough. I can't say I really liked Mummy though. Defeatist was far by useless, as it was the main fail of Archeops. Weak Armor wasn't nice as well, because Defence down was a cost.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I also love Sap Sipper and Moxie! The latter mainly because certain mons like Pinsir can sweep extremely well, while they otherwise can't do it as easily w/o it (on a Scarf set). Also Regenerator is fun yo.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Why you no like Multiscale? :P
I am a little biased when it comes to first Gen pokemon and Dragonite has always been my favorite dragon pokemon( Until Garchomp was born ) but it had always been overshadowed by Salamence and Garchomp. Now I can use my (2nd) favorite dragon competitively ^ _ ^ Also while it's not necessarily "new" to Gen 5 the new mechanics of the ability sturdy was a great idea in my opinion I never liked forretress because it always died on me :( but with sturdy and a custap berry its almost guaranteed at least two turns of set up :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Moxie, Prankster, Regenerator, and Sap Sipper are probably my favorites out of this generation. c:
Plus, all the super cute Pokemon get Regenerator! <3

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I really like Cursed Body. The first time I had to deal with it was in the Battle Subway, on my 20th battle. We were both down to our last Pokemon, I had Cobalion with Sacred Sword, Retaliate and Iron Head. He brings out a female Jellicent. On the first turn it disabled Iron Head, the only move I could have used. And well, I lost. As of yesterday I have my own Cursed Body Jellicent, and she's really fun to use.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Sheeeeeeeeeeeer Force!
Awesome ability, maybe not so good with some of the pokemon that have it but it still is wonderful IMO. I usually go for sheer power anyway, so its perfect for me.

Back