• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royale! [T]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Julia Blackwood - Heroes' Loft
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julia flinched, not because those hands were deadly weapons or anything, nope. He gaze met Ki's and her brow furrowed, still in thought. After a moment she spoke in a rather decisive tone. "...Alright. Now." It seemed implied what she'd been meaning to say, that she was going t ogo see Kiba right then. She supposed there was no time like the present! Besides, what else was she to do? Ki explained to her what she should do and Julia just sort of took it with a grain of salt. It somehow felt unnecessary, that she would've done this anyway. Regardless she took one long glance at the tent, swallowed nervousness, and began to make her way over...

...Not long after, Julia would open the flap of the tent and peer inside. She'd taken the liberty of putting on her Gyro Gear during the walk over. Looking around Julia took in that she'd interrupted the two boys talking. Go figure, they hadn't been sitting in there in complete silence. Jack in particular appeared to have been aware of her proximity. Moving inside, Julia lowered her hands in front of her and cupped them, a slight nervous habit meant to still herself. A brief glance at Kiba, and she spoke.

"Hey Jack--Kiba..."

She made a point to smile at the two boys before she continued.

"Um... Jack?--Would you mind if I had some time alone to talk to Kiba?"

She was ever so slightly shy about her question, as if afraid Jack would somehow read her mind and find out what she was up to. The rest of the world already knows, Julia. Geez. A brief glance went to Kiba as she thought about how she was going to handle this .... conversation, presuming Jack was understanding and gave them some alone time to begin with.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack smiled at Shadoan, "Eh, they are around. Just busy doing stuff, they never wander too far." He then watched as Julia actually walked over to them and asked him to leave. He looked between the two and began to smile. "I see. Alright, I'll leave you two." He said with a chuckle as he walked out and back to another tent. "So Gol-Lilith... do you think you will like being my pokemon?" The Dragonair actually paused to consider the question and cocked her head. "Okay... I see I'll need to train you actually." He looked down at the ticket he had been given by Irek as well as the gyro-gear he got from Chester. Well, his luck was turning up great!

Alpha walked up to Jack and Delta floated by as well and Jack handed them their tickets. He looked around, "Hey, you two seen the others?"

"Perfect!" Echo said happily. There was a table, with a lamp on it as well as two chair and a vase full of flowers. Foxtrot smiled and began to walk off but Echo grabbed him. "No! You have to stay here and serve us! You're the waiter!"

"What!?" Bravo giggled and walked away happily as Echo smirked, "Now go get Spirit!" She shoved him forward as the ghost muttered under his breath but managed to locate his target and walked up to her, " Madam Spirit, Echo requests your presence for dinner. If you will follow me." He said as he turned around and began to walk back to Echo.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Coming Together!

Ki watched as Julia stepped inside the tent, and moments later, Jack left. Ki then proceeded to move toward the tent, only instead of walking in, he stood outside, to where he could listen, and closed his eyes. Let's see how this plays out...

Spirit simply nodded and followed her chauffeur to an area behind one of the tents, and to her surprise, found a table, a vase filled with flowers, a lamp, and some chairs. Echo was already waiting, and Spirit looked at everything, rather stunned at the display. E-eh.. Um... Sooo... Where did you get that vase, or the table and chairs? And the lamp?? What's powering the lamp?? She was belwildered by the entire thing.

~

"Hey Jack--Kiba..." Mello stirred slightly in her sleep. "Um... Jack?--Would you mind if I had some time alone to talk to Kiba?" A disoriented Meloetta awoke from her slumber, sitting up and rubbing her eyes with her paw/hand/limb/thing, slowly looking up to see Julia. Mello stayed huddled up on Kiba's chest, as he lie there on the elevated bed, or stretcher, whatever the hell it was. Her soft orchid purple eyes gazed up at Julia, as she seemed to be watching Kiba. She formed a sweet smile, thinking, Wow... She's very pretty. She proceeded to re-snuggle herself with Aviath, and soon the couple were being brushed and stroked.

"I see. Alright, I'll leave you two." With that, Jack left them alone. Kiba realized now why his body was acting so crazily. Sh-she came in here... And she wants to talk to me...? Me?? His heart felt like it was pounding against his chest, spring-loaded and compressed. He swallowed once more, hoping to push his heart back down into place. Damn it, I promised I would never even consider it again! But I can't ignore her!! What if she feels the same way? But-- Kiba's expression was shock, and it was priceless as he realized now why she had seemed so familiar. No wonder I like her... But... Last time I had attempted love... He felt a deep shiver run up his body. Damn it, she's trying to talk to you! Pull yourself together and speak!!

"Y-yeah?" Proof that speaking before you've composed yourself makes you sound foolish. He shook his head and sat upright, placing the Pokemon in his lap, and trying (but miserably failing) to hide the severe pain that came from the movement. His face had contorted to cringe for a moment, before he finally got himself into a sitting position. His shirt was off, though there was enough blood-stained bandaging to nearly replace it. The bandages contrasted his skin, wrapping around one shoulder, and covering two thirds of his torso. He began to brush his hands through Aviath's and Mello's fur (a clear sign of nervousness).

He made sure that this time he was fully composed before he spoke. Looking to her, he parted the hair away from his soft blue eye so that both it and the emerald green eye were entirely visible. His ponytail was unwrapped, so his jet black hair simply fell behind his back. "I-I look like a mess, I know, so... Sorry about that..." He felt extremely uncomfortable, yet something urged him forward, something he couldn't quite identify. "Anyways, what were you wanting to talk about?" Having not spoken with anyone for quite some time, his voice sounded rather dry and cracked, though the gentle tone could shine right through it.

Dawn

Years
Julia Blackwood - Tent in Heroes' Loft
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julia offered Jack a nod of thanks as he moved past her, slowly closing the distance between herself and Kiba as he spoke. When he fumbled over his words she offered him a somewhat friendly if not awkward smile, as if trying to reassure him that she wasn't going to bite. Kiba look, she's barring her fangs! She's going to bite you! Restrain her by her /hair/! As she approached, taking her time, she spoke up in a fittingly conversational tone, only to be interrupted...

"Well..--"

Abruptly a bright white flash was heard and a certain legendary dog pokemon just sort of casually let himself out of his ball, accidentally causing the tent under his paws to spontaneously combust into small paw shaped fires. Julia just sort of stopped in her tracks, eyes going wide with a mixture of shock and horror as the legendary pokemon casually made his way out of the tent without a care in the world, most likely encountering Ki as he exited. After the moment of shock had passed Julia immediately freaked right the heck out and stomped the fires out before they could spread and cause a serious problem, which totally involved plenty of panicked jump-stomping.

After the fires inside the tent had been extinguished Julia just sort of let out an audible sigh of relief and brushed herself off, fixing her mini-skirt and looking in the general direction of the tent exit in contemplation of what to do about the pokemon's leisure walk before decidedly just... letting him have what he wanted. She then turned to Kiba and offered him an apologetic smile.

"Sorry..."

She then moved over and gently slid onto Kiba's bed, seating herself mere inches from where he lay at around chest level. If he examined her, he might find that she had cupped her hands in her lap.

"I--um... I wanted to talk because..."

She paused a moment, glancing over her shoulder at him but otherwise keeping her eyes on her hands.

"Kiba--Everything that's gone on...I--Do you...--Do you /like/ me?"

Julia put her hands down at her sides next to her now. She seemed a bit shy asking herself. Wouldn't it suck to get rejected as the only girl in the party? That'd certainly be enough to bring her mood down from getting the privilege of being a model earlier.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Pretty Straight-forward if You Ask Me

Ki watched as a flicker of light, followed by a monsterous Entei, appeared from the tent and he was all like, "dafuq!?". He stood still, though spoke to the beast, even as it began to walk away.Any particular reason you nearly burned this tent to a smoldering ash?

~

"Well..--" She was about to speak, before an Entei had just casually exited the tent, leaving a fire behind it. Kiba's eyes widened slightly. She's been keeping a legend in a ball, and kept it a secret this whole time? His surprised thoughts were interrupted by her voice once more, saying "Sorry..." If he hadn't missed the rabbit-like jumping, he was clearly too distracted to take notice of it. She then decided to sit down right beside him holy SHET!! which caused his face to turn more red than a Magikarp's scale. I-is this really happening?? "I--um... I wanted to talk because..." He looked up slightly. She seemed almost as nervous as he was. Almost. "Kiba--Everything that's gone on...I--Do you...--Do you /like/ me?"

Beet red. He was blushing furiously, that or his skin was burning up. He couldn't tell. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. H-how does she know?? Hadn't Jack said something to him about it? Something about talking to her? It looked as though Julia knew and had taken the first step for him. He knew that he would be unable to compose himself, though he did his best to answer. "I-I... I mean... I..." if she had bothered to look at him, she would see how reddened his face had become which makes the answer obvious!!!!, before he had lowered his head to hide the embarrassment.

He closed his eyes. Of everything he'd gone through, including sparring matches, Elite Four, every League, this was easily the hardest thing he'd ever do. Harder than even the Green Trainer incident. Come on Kiba!! One word, that's all it takes!! ONE WORD!!! Summoning up all of his strength, he spoke in a low voice, seeming to have to force it out from inside his body.

"... Yes..."

Dawn

Years
Entei stopped in his tracks, flames licking at the grass under his paws. He just sort of turned his head to Ki and leaned in a bit closer, just sort of staring at him for a moment as if to ask 'Can you not see everything I touch spontaneously combusts? I've got the midas touch, only with /fire/.' ...After a moment he growled out a simple, gruff "No.", implying he didn't really care and didn't need a reason. As Entei spoke, the flames under his paws seemed to grow more intense for the duration of his speech. Geez! The guy was a ticking time bomb ready to annihilate any given area. He wasn't even angry, in fact he was perhaps even a bit exasperated. It just seemed like a constant battle to keep control of his powers. ...How exactly did you contain a pokemon like that in a pokeball again?--Well don't ask me! I don't know?! Ask Silph Co! Magic! Magic and dunsparce tears!

Meanwhile, Julia listened to what Kiba had to say without looking at him. She was hiding her own embarrassment. It wasn't until Kiba finally said yes that she turned her head to look at him, a look of ever so mild surprise on her face. She seemed to study him from behind her glasses. Somehow, she hadn't planned this far ahead. She shifted a bit where she sat and raised a single hand in a terrible attempt to hide a light smile that oddly enough spread across her face.

"..."

She then moved said hand down and proceeded to rest it on Kiba's hand. Somehow this felt like a perfect balance between affection and modesty to her. A part of her kind of wanted Kiba to show her how affectionate he was comfortable being, though that part remained silent for the time being.

"...So, you took that blast... because you /liked/ me..."

She glanced at him and smiled in a mildly awkward manner, decidedly not explaining how she'd originally thought he was just a really heroic guy that would've done it for anyone. She didn't want to put him down.

"I guess... after all this trouble to save me--I owe you, huh."

Kiba might notice the arguably dorky reference to the classic damsel in distress. It was easy enough on it's own, but if he were really observant he might see where she was going with it, and boy was it cheesy. Seriously, grab some nachos.

"...I think I'd be cool with... being your reward~"

Julia shifted a bit as she spoke. To Kiba, it must've been pretty insane. She'd just up and... told him she wouldn't mind being his girlfriend. It had been in the form of an arguably dorky joke, but the message behind it was as serious as serious could be. She liked him. She thought he had a chance. And then Kiba woke up.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Hands Together

Ki just kind of shrugged, but couldnt help a slight smirk. So... Going anywhere in particular, or just roaming around?

~

"...So, you took that blast... because you /liked/ me... I guess... after all this trouble to save me--I owe you, huh." She rested her hand over his, and while this continued to cause Kiba to blush with embarrassment, he decidedly looked up at her. Heterochromic blue and green eyes softened at the look of her smile, warming his heart like a steady flame. This was... Easily the most confidence he'd ever had... Or shown, anyways. It took her next bit to make him realize that he should speak up, "...I think I'd be cool with... being your reward~"

He felt flustered, and stammered slightly. "Y-you're giving me way too much credit, I-I..." He recomposed himself, smiling, though a blush still covered his cheeks. "I-I... I did take the blast for you... But if I hadn't, it could've hit Shadoan, and Aviath and Mello, and I think some of your Pokemon as well... But you were in front... I... I thought I was going to die... Plus, I know you were also wanting to win the tournament... I figured if I took your place in the blast, you could keep going and win the tournament... Then my death wouldn't be completely pointless..."

He shrugged a bit. "I am thankful that I lived... Especially now... but my life is completely different now... It's an entirely new level of thought when you've faced death with acceptance, you know...?" Feeling slightly more "courageous" now, he turned his hand around, so that it could wrap around hers. It took about that long to realize the clever wording she'd used. "Y-you don't owe me anything, you know... I wanted to do it... But, you... You like me too...?" With what she'd said it was clearly obvious, though his questioning showed just how unbelievable it really was. "You know, this is the first time I've ever really had a conversation with anyone, other than Ki, since I've been here... Or actually in years, honestly. I mean, I'm used to being ignored, but..." He sort of just trailed off. This is just too good to be true...

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack just shrugged in response to Alpha's shrug and he decided to head over with Delta and Lilith to head in, stopping mid way as Bravo just jumped out of the shadows and grabbed onto Jack happily. The other tickets he gave to Alpha and told the Hypno to find the others and make sure they got their own tickets. The Hypno nodded and headed off.

Over near the dinner table Echo giggled at Spirit's questions. "We just went around camp and saw stuff people weren't using so we decided to use it. We'll return after of course! The lamp is actually battery powered, it's very nice." She smiled as she got into her seat and scooted up to the table as Foxtrot got behind Spirit and pulled her chair out for her.

It was around that time that Alpha appeared. "Ah! A nice dinner scene Echo." He complimented as the Sneasel blushed. He gave her and Foxtrot their tickets. "Have fun you three!" He said with a smile as he walked off and Foxtrot groaned, "Oh, what a wonderful activity they will be engaging in!"

Echo got up and playfully punched his shoulder, "We aren't being served by ourselves!" She got back into her seat as Foxtrot rubbed his shoulder, "Alright, alright. So, what would you young ladies like to order? We have a variety of berries and pokemon treats as our special tonight."

Dawn

Years
Entei hesitated a moment before speaking. He lifted his head high and gazed into the distance as he spoke. His tone was rather sober, perhaps a bit indignant. "I wish to walk. I could run, I could cross this entire island in moments, and never return. Instead I chose to accompany some naive /girl/ on her quest to risk her life to make some poorly thought out wish to preserve her friendship with her friends forever!"

He almost seemed angry at himself, and yet... like he'd said... he could have left. Yet, he chose not to. Why?

Meanwhile, Julia shook her head at Kiba's response. Of all the times to choose to be modest, this had been the only time where romance would've been much more appropriate. "Don't kill the moment~" she said in a light-hearted tone. "But...thanks--Really, I don't know that I would've survived that attack at all, even with the medicine..." She felt his hand turn to embrace her and allowed this. She lacked much muscle mass on her arms, and so he'd find her hands gentle and perhaps a bit frail, her skin smooth. She clearly didn't work with them all that often. Considering the very popular misconception that girls didn't have as much upper-body strength this might not mean anything to Kiba at all, though.

"...You're not ready to die, right?" She seemed concerned, her hand shifting within Kiba's before settling... "Because I think I do owe you something... starting with honesty, and I think you're too modest." She turned her gaze on him, a slightly less awkward smile present. "I know it hasn't been so long but... yeah. I do."

Julia looked away again, before speaking up in a light-hearted tone again. "I want to be loved too, y'know." Despite her light-hearted tone she'd revealed something rather intimate, a desire for love, a desire for affection... Really, what person her age /didn't/? It had honestly made her decision to give him a chance much easier on her. More importantly even however, she had stated that she had some similar feelings to him.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

'Til Death Do You Part

Without any motion of fear, Ki had walked up to stand beside the mighty beast. He gave the Entei a slight glance with his odd eyes, before gazing at the distant horizon. That hardly seems like a reason to use a wish... When it's something that can be done yourself... But that's not in your interest, now is it? Without waiting for an answer Ki continued. So... Why do you choose to obey, instead of just running off into freedom?

~

Spirit tilted her head slightly. I... Didn't realize we'd have choices.... Just bring whatever you think is best. It was simply unbelievable that this miniature restaurant had formed without anyone noticing.

~

"Don't kill the moment~"

"Oh... I hadn't realized, sorry..." To himself, he quietly wondered what he had done exactly to kill the moment. Entirely unsure, he simply ignored that thought as she spoke once more.

"But...thanks--Really, I don't know that I would've survived that attack at all, even with the medicine..." The thought flashed in his head, of Julia taking the blast because he'd stalled or panicked. He shivered slightly and shook the thought away. This was definitely not the time.

"I... Am thankful that you're alive... That we both are...." He smiled slightly. Her hands rested against his, but seemed to shift around slightly. Is something wrong?

"...You're not ready to die, right?" Her hand had settled in his before she spoke more. "Because I think I do owe you something... starting with honesty, and I think you're too modest." She turned to him, smiling, causing a chain reaction with his own smile. "I know it hasn't been so long but... yeah. I do." For a moment she had turned away, only to turn back and speak something that nearly floored Kiba on the spot. "I want to be loved too, y'know."

He winced slightly from the pain of his injuries, though for some reason (either he was trying to act tough around Julia, or he was just trying to resist the pain, he couldn't tell) he tried to keep the pain from notice. He was smiling, something he wasn't used to; it hurt his face a bit but it made him feel warm and bubbly inside, and even if he had tried to he couldn't stop smiling. Her question made him think for a few moments. He casually brushed his night-black hair away, his ever-so-independent eyes glimmering with delight, something that had been truly missing from his expression.

"Yeah... W-no... Wait..." Obviously he hadn't thought it entirely through, so he paused a bit to think. "Well... No. I don't want to die. If I have even the slightest chance with you, I'd rather take it than die. However," he spoke, almost as if sounding clever, like he'd found a loophole in her question, "If I had to choose again, between saving your life at the cost of my own, or letting you fall so that I may live... I'd save you in a heartbeat. No second thoughts." He smiled slightly. Was that romantic to say? He wasn't sure. It sounded as if she were making sure he weren't suicidal. Though, he was being honest. He blushed slightly. "I'm too modest? ... Maybe... I'd just rather not sound full of myself, or self-righteous, because that's not how my mind works..." It seemed increasingly obvious, especially with the whole, "take the bullet" for her thing, both hypothetical and the real thing.

Her "wanting to be loved too" phrase caused him to redden slightly, again. She clearly knew what he wanted, and had reassured him by admitting similar feelings. He smiled slightly, pausing for a moment to look into her eyes, with his own. To himself he wondered if she had really noticed the oddity of his eyes yet. On one hand, it was fairly obvious, since the colors were fairly contrasted. But on the other hand, he had also assumed that, up until now, he was pretty much ignored. He smiled slightly, examining the many minor details that formed her face. Suddenly a small thought came back to him, causing him to shuffle through the bed sheet (with his free hand) and picked up that ticket he'd received not moments before she'd come in.

"I'm not sure exactly what this is... A Circus? I mean, I've never been to one before... But, considering my condition here, I might not be able to go..." He glanced up slightly. "It would be nice if I had some company here, since I can't really go anywhere... I-I mean, if you aren't busy or anything..." He flustered a bit, but he was doing better. This conversation itself had seemed to help him become social, at least a bit.

Years
"Or we can carry you." Irek says, walking in with Jev. "Jev insisted to carry Avaith and Mello to the Show... You can ask Flare to at least bring you over if you can survive getting up... Plus, its not a circus, its a play on the origin of Lethia. Just prepare your own seat if you get in." Jev walked by Kiba and Julia, looking over the basket containing Mello and Avaith. He poked Avaith to wake up and chuckled. "Sorry Mello, but you walking grill asked for this." He started tugging at the bed. Irek takes a simple bow, chuckling. "Sorry to disturb you both...." The green pikachu takes his leave and takes notice to Entei, walking up towards him he takes a deep breath in and sighs. The show wasn't going to start yet, so he had some time to kill. Meanwhile, Jev was still tugging the bed containing Avaith and Mello towards the show. Avaith woke up due to the bed's movements. "It's starting now?..." The bug was grunting and paused to take a breather for a moment. "Not yet, it will momentarily." "Then why are you dragging us now?" "Trying to get front row."

[I leave the RP for a day and already, it grows without me. XD.
I have a HUGE word document for this whole play and I hope it will be enjoyable.]

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Julia - Tent in Heroes Loft
(I switched Entei and Julia's order to coincide with Quto's post.)

Julia met Kiba's gaze with a friendly smile that was no longer all that awkward as she grew more comfortable with sharing these sorts of emotions with him, listening to him as he spoke. As he continued she opened her mouth to offer him her company only to be interrupted by Irek and company, who offered to carry him. Julia somehow found this amusing. Sure, she was a girl of no significant muscle strength, but Irek was an itty bitty pokemon! The thought of him carrying Kiba; It elicited a brief, perhaps mysterious giggle from her. Given, Irek was a pokemon. Super strength, and all. It was just the visual image that was silly to her. After she regained her composure Julia immediately spoke up.

"Um... Ki, Kiba's lucario, said he might be able to get Kiba walking again. ...He can talk, sort of."

She gave Kiba a funny look at that last part, as if trying to make sure he was aware of this. The whole talking thing was clearly very noteworthy to her. Why couldn't her pokemon talk? She could bet her haunter would constantly have hilarious things to say with how much he chuckled! That... that or his jokes were terrifyingly morbid.

Entei seemed to study Ki for a moment, as if trying to figure out if he was being subtly sarcastic. He honestly didn't seem to be offended by the proximity, though. After that moment passed he spoke up again, in a slightly less gruff tone. But really, what exactly was one to expect from a dog pokemon known for causing cataclysmic disasters with it's roars? Terrifying to humans, his voice was probably the most manly thing imaginable among pokemon or something like that.

Entei: "...Their petty squabbles--It is age that pulls their friendship apart. They are not the same children they were."

A momentary pause, before Entei let out something of a sigh. This ironically caused the flames around his paws to flame up in a particularly vicious manner, before abruptly calming down again. Of course, they couldn't burn him. It seemed perhaps that keeping control of his powers was more of a concentration thing.

Entei: "...It was only through the combined might of all four of them that I was originally caught to begin with. I'd never seen nor heard of humans working together so well. Alone they were weak. I would've crushed any one of them under my paw for daring to corner me, and yet together they yielded a strength far greater than my own."

Entei turned his head away.

Entei: "It has always been the duty of pokemon to appear when they are needed. I cannot help but feel that I appeared before a trainer with the skill to capture me because I was meant to be captured... The question is, why..."

Entei turned his gaze back to Ki.

Entei: "I tore them apart. It was the question of whom would receive my power that began the end of their friendship. They fought like children before my very eyes, disguting me. It took all my patience not to take advantage of this to escape."

A momentary pause, followed by a softer tone, one of reminiscing.

Entei: "...The girl you see is different--Despite her moments of weaknesses it was her and her alone that thought their friendship was worth saving. She chose to come here despite the risks, despite being quite weak on her own. The fiery passion burning in her heart inspired her companions, temporarily rekindling their ability to cooperate. They allowed her to go, knowing full well what she desired to wish for, even going so far as to give her their pokemon in support. Most of the pokemon Julia uses are not her own, but that of her companions. Only two are truly hers, one of which was downed in combat last night."

Another momentary pause.

Entei: "...I feel no pity. Her own naivety and negligence caused that injury."

As Entei continued, his tone actually grew... disturbed, as if recounting a much less pleasant memory.

Entei: "She wields terrifying pokemon capable of extinguishing the very flame of life itself from everything and anything in her way under a /cold/... blanket of /death/ if used properly, but she NEVER LETS THEM!..."

Despite the rage that seeped into his voice for a moment, he seemed to stay in control of his powers.

Entei: "...Not to save Kiba... Not to save her pokemon... Not to save /herself/."

Ki might perhaps recall when the boys had originally found Julia unconscious. Entei proceeded to shake his head in disappointment, clearly frustrated with his trainer. Apparently he stayed with her out of a feeling of fate. It was his... 'duty' to serve her, as he called it. He abruptly stiffened however when Irek finished talking to the humans inside the tent and came out to speak to him. Oddly enough, discussing his thoughts with Ki had helped calm his temper. And here he was just going to go for a walk to help with that!

...Entei turned his gaze upon Irek, and stared at him as if silently peering into his very soul. After the moment passed he responded in a rather quiet tone.

Entei: "...No... ... ...This, I'm afraid, is simply beyond my control."

Entei gestured by lifting one of his paws, admitting that he just... didn't have complete control of his fiery powers.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

The Almighty Beast Has... Feelings?

Ki had listened intently with not a sound, and afterward rested his paw against one of the large front limbs of the great beast of flame. Eyes closed, he spoke. ... I understand... You have decided that fate brought you to the human girl, and because of that you choose to stay. That's a very noble thought, mind you, but the question is, are you happy? Do you gain any satisfaction from following her, as opposed to your previous life of freely roaming the world? He glanced up at the sky for a moment as he continued. I have thought Pokeballs as a disgusting invention created by humans to enslave Pokemon for their own selfish purposes. Though, in your situation, it actually prevents natural disasters, those that you cause but cannot control.

He watched the Entei once more, face solemn with a deep, wise look within his eyes.I refused to be captured by any human, knowing they'd only use me to achieve their own goals. I hated humanity, found them selfish, terrible creatures. Kiba however... He was different. We shared a bond, something deep and meaningful that bound us together. He wasn't like the rest; he had devoted his life to helping others, and was still able to achieve personal goals in the process... He'd never even attempted to capture any of the Pokemon that follow him today. We all follow him of our own free will. He's never forced us to fight; we go willingly. But why do we follow him exactly? Is it fate? Or perhaps a longing for companionship?

~

"Um... Ki, Kiba's lucario, said he might be able to get Kiba walking again. ...He can talk, sort of." Julia had glanced at Kiba with a look that said, "Did that really happen??"

Kiba nodded. "Yes. Ki can speak via telepathy, a trait shared among most Lucario. I... Can actually speak with him telepathically on my own... It's something he had taught me, though I have no idea how." He thought back to the memory for a moment, then suddenly realized that Julia had mentioned speaking to Ki. "Oh yeah, he's here now, isn't he! That means he can get me walking again!" He sat further upright, and despite his attempts at being "tough", emitted a pained groan, quickly clenching a fist over his stomach. With a slightly pained voice, he spoke, "I-it would be nice... To actually... Take you places... Instead of just... sitting in this bed..."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack led Lilith, Delta, Alpha, and Bravo inside and found some seats in the middle. He wasn't really sure what the show would be about but he really hoped it was good. Yeah, he did get his ticket for free but he still expected something worthwhile. He patted Lilith's head lightly. The Dragonair was getting more calm than she had been before. He hoped that this could continue.

Foxtrot came back with various berries in a bowl and laid them before the two ladies. "Can I depart now Echo?" He asked. The Sneasel paused and nodded, "Sure." The Sableye eagerly ran off to the show as Echo smiled at Spirit. "So... how is Kiba as a trainer? He seems to be more laid back than Jack." She said as she ate an oran berry from the bowel.

Dawn

Years
Julia listened to Kiba point out what... well... what she'd already gathered to some degree. She found the statement pretty strange. She would have thought a species of pokemon that could commonly speak the human language would've been... well... a /huge deal/! Why wasn't Professor Oak studying these things /right dang now/? On the other hand, why wasn't /this island/ attracting a bunch of researchers? Julia took a moment to glance at Irek. ...There were plenty of amazing things to be found here. Perhaps it was the danger to be found here? The more you know, she guessed! She supposed she could always go ask an expert if she really cared enough, which right now she... honestly didn't. I mean really, there was a tournament to be winning! That being said, Julia passed the thought from her mind.

Kiba's comment on being able to take her places seemed to amuse Julia, though she honestly didn't disagree. A brief flashback to a spire covered in strange symbols crossed her mind at random and she dismissed it. How had that been relevant to her brain again? She wasn't sure.

"I guess the question is... Where'd he go?"

Meanwhile, Entei gave Ki a funny look as if he'd asked a silly question. Was he happy? Ultimately, he supposed he was, disregarding certain issues that aggravated him.

"...I will be happy so long as she does not attempt to restrain /me/ as well."

The notion of Julia restraining a pokemon that could not restrain itself might sound absurd, perhaps resulting in a bit of confusion. It seemed he might be talking about being held back from doing things, rather than actually restraining his powers. Entei continued in a rather observant tone, presuming Ki could even decipher the dog pokemon's tones. Sometimes stuff like that got lost in the translation.

"...The world has an order to it. A sort of fate brings all pokemon together with their trainers, for better or worse, even if a trainer refuses to use the technology to capture a pokemon. Your trainer is a testament to this fate's existence, as were every trainer predating the technology altogether."

...How old was this entei again? It may seem apparent that the answer was 'very'. The dude probably reminisces about the golden days with the dirt itself.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Fate? No Fate? Ah, Whatever

Ki gave Entei a rather quiet glance. He wasn't really sure what he was to say in response to that, though he had no disagreements. Heglanced back at the tent suddenly, pausing a moment in silence. He turned but stopped to look back at Entei. I'm needed back in the tent. Unless you still feel the need to go walk, you might want to return to your trainer as well. There is construction going on here, and the slightest incident could halt their progress. By that, I mean demolish the building and cause them to start over. The damage from the Green Trainer did enough as it is. With that, he made his way back into the tent, toward Kiba and Julia.

~

Sprit gave the question some thought. It sounded unusual to ask, but well, who here wasn't curious about something? Kiba isn't a trainer... She paused, realizing how confusing that must be. He doesn't control us, he considers us equals and calls us his friends. We follow him because we want to, not because we have to. I mean, I came back in this ghostly form and I could have just left, but I didn't. I guess... He's just enjoyable for Pokemon. The only instance that I'd call him a trainer is that he will have battle practice with us, to help us get stronger. But we don't have to if we don't want to, it's our option.

~

Aviath and Mello were pretty much dragged off to the big tent by Jev, insistent on getting front row seats. Mello giggled slightly. It was amusing how much the bug went through to have his way. However, she was distracted by the two humans on the bed. As they were carried away, Mello watched Julia for a few moments before she was out of sight. She smiled while doing so.

Ki, you're here, right? If so, I'd like to be up and walking again... If you aren't busy. Kiba had been focused, silent, sending this message to the Lucario. After a few moments he had entered the tent, pausing a moment to see the two together, smiling. Kiba cringed a bit but nodded to Ki. "You think you can get me out of here and walking again?"

Ki nodded, and this time his telepathy took a more open form, to which they could both hear. Yes, but we can't do it in this bed, we'll have to get you outside, propped up against a tree. Julia, if you wouldn't mind, could you help me carry him? He lifted Kiba slightly, pulling the human arm or his shoulder and lifting him a bit with his back. He knew Julia wasn't that strong, the issue was more of balance than strength. Help me by carrying his other arm over your shoulder, we can carry him out to that tree we had spoken by. Then I may begin. He gave Julia a slight glance, this time speaking only in her mind. Two more things. One, your Entei seems satisfied with you, as long as you don't restrain him. Two... Thank you. He smirked slightly, she'd know what he meant by it.

Dawn

Years
Entei seemed to watch Ki go for a moment in silence. Well... he supposed conversation worked just as well as exercise to sate his desire to get out and do something. He headed back towards the tent.

Julia listened to what Ki had to say and went perhaps slightly blank expressionless at the thought of carrying Kiba. She seemed to shrug any awkwardness off in favor of making actual progress however and shifted around, getting up. As she did she heard what Kiba had to say. Entei was... satisfied? What did that mean? She was just a naive trainer with no knowledge of what went through a pokemon's mind or the incredible things that went on beyond what she could physically see. Did... that mean she was good enough for the legendary dog? That was a comforting thought, she supposed. She was more concerned about---

Entei walked into the tent. Cue Julia stopping what she was doing and just sort of looking at him all 'Oh snap!'. She hurriedly dug through her purse and yanked out Entei's pokeball, returning the large pokemon and then promptly moving her way over to stomp out the flames. Cue sigh of exasperated relief. The things she did for love

Now what had she been doing? Oh, right...

Julia just sort of moved back to Kiba, turning her head to acknowledge Ki with a nod as she went. She had a fair, if not vague idea of what he was saying thank you for.

"Sorry, again..."

She gave off an awkward apologetic smile and turned her attention to Kiba, working with Ki to help him up and hopefully carry him. She honestly had exactly no idea what Ki had in mind, so she just sort of... made an effort to follow alongside him, allowing him to direct where they went.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Physical Medicine

Ki, with the assistance of Julia, carried the incapacitated Kiba out of the tent over to the tree on the edge of the clearing. This was probably a good distance away from anyone, so it would just be them. I think we're far enough from everyone else. Wouldn't want to worry the others, would we? As they placed Kiba gently up against the tree, his blue and green eyes glinted with a mixture of anticipation and fear. An odd mix, though the reasoning would soon be clear. Kiba, are you ready? Kiba nodded slightly, though there was a distinct look on his expression that said otherwise.

Good. And Julia, he had turned to her, red and purple eyes seeming to look increasingly serious, No matter what, you can't interfere, and you can't stop me. We've done this before but if interrupted his condition will be worse. Just let me complete this and he'll be walking again. Okay? He seemed to have said this in more of a commanding than a questioning tone, and he didn't wait for an answer either. He hoped she wouldn't be offended by it.

Kiba looked upward at Julia, smiling slightly, despite the fear in his eyes. He then turned to the Lucario. "Alright Ki, let's do it." Ki created a bone of energy (using Bone Rush which still has no logic behind it) and placed it promptly between Kiba's jaws. Make as many dog jokes as you want, but this was some serious medical treatment. Ki knelt down in front of Kiba, who shut his eyes tightly, preparing himself as best he could. Ki's paws began to flow and radiate with Aura, then began to jab into Kiba's chest and legs. Muffled screams erupted from Kiba, and he clamped his teeth down on the bone to distract from the pain. For about four minutes this went on, Ki making sure he hit precisely where he was aiming each time, all the while causing Kiba some pained screams and rapid cringing.

After a lot of pain and shouting, Ki stood up, facing Kiba with a serious expression. Now stand brother! He had taken a harsh tone, somewhat like a drill instructor. Kiba's face scrunched in pain as he struggled to get off of his knees and onto his feet, but as soon as he reached toward the tree for support, Ki swatted his hand down with the energy bone. No crutches! You think you can get through life leaning on others for support?? Ki had paused slightly, as if he had just realized that Julia and Kiba were now "a thing". He seemed to have stopped, spending the moment in thought. ... Well... You might actually have a chance there... That is, if Julia is willing to help. He turned to face her, as if awaiting her decision. Kiba's vision also shifted from the Lucario to the damsel in distress girl he'd fallen for.

Dawn

Years
Julia Blackwood - Near Heroes' Loft
...Distress indeed, Kiba. Julia just sort of became confused when Ki told her she couldn't interrupt. Why... would she ever want to do that? He was just helping Kiba, right? He was going to do something magic-esque and awesome and Kiba would get up as if he were never hurt to--oor he could stick an energy bone in Kiba's mouth. Julia just sort of raised her brows, not sure what to make of what she was seeing. Was... was that a healing bone? Was he supposed to eat that? How was that thing even solid anyway? Did that burn to have in contact with one's mouth?

And then Ki started hitting Kiba and Julia just sort of... watched in horror, her eyes shooting wide open. She honestly hadn't been remotely prepared for what she was seeing. This was less 'hard to watch' and more 'a traumatic experience that may resurface later in life'. Julia was not a doctor, or even a hardened adult. She didn't have one clue what in the distortion world Ki was doing and how that was supposed to help nor did she have the wisdom to deduce what may have been going on. To her, it looked like he was murdering Kiba right in front of her and asking her to watch. There was simply no other way for her to see it. And that is why Ki was never allowed to watch the chidren.

"..."

When Ki finally gave Julia some attention she looked kind of pale, and her mind seemed to be elsewhere, only coming back into focus then. Julia realized she'd somehow forgotten to breath and took in a deep, though slow breath. She just sort of... needed a moment to recover from the shock and oxygen deprivation to the brain of what she'd just seen. Kiba was asked to... get up? Now how did that work? Ki has miracle inducing magnets on the back of his paws. The idea that Ki had healed with punches was frankly too much for Julia to come to on her own. In all honesty, Ki now scared her a bit. He showed no restraint in flipping her world on it's head at random and the unknown frightened her.

Regardless, Julia just sort of nodded silently as she regained her composure and moved over to Kiba, giving him this skeptical look as if unsure he wasn't about to spontaneously implode. She was still trying to regain her senses of what was real, of what was expectable. Did people not normally spontaneously implode? That was a reasonable expectation, right? She was trying, but in all honesty her understanding of how the world worked had been rocked a bit too much in the last day or two. It asked too much of her young mind. Julia's composure further improved as the moments passed, though it never quite fully returned.

"How should I..? Like this..?"

She moved over and wrapped an arm around him in something akin to a side hug, attempting to help support his weight, perhaps by allowing him to lean on her.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

How do magnets work? F***ING MIRACLES!!

Kiba slowly began to rise, and with Julia's assistance, was back on his feet. He smiled and bowed slightly to Ki, nearly losing his balance for a moment. The adamant Lucario nodded in response. Kiba gave Julia a small glance before turning suddenly to hug her. He cringed at the sudden movement, but smiled anyways. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this..." He seemed relaxed, and feeling rather weak, he rested his head over her shoulder. "So... What should we do?"

Ki felt a small amount of self-pride in his work. Kiba was now up and moving once more, though he still looked like a mess; hair down, shirt made of bandages, pretty much every detail that made him look like he'd just got out of bed... After a huge injury, anyways. Ki proceeded elsewhere. I'll give you two some space... He then turned and walked off and disappeared with the scene.

Back