• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
Despite there being a post in the past month, it was deleted and thus is invalid. So I'm afraid this counts as thread revival, Meri-tje :(

Frostbite, if/when you want this reopened, contact either myself or colcolstyles.
~Closed

Years
Thread reopened at the request of the thread owner. :)
Lock-Unlock-icon.png

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
For the past few months I haven't been working on Azure Horizons at all due to the fact that uni and my job has given me very little free time to work on other stuff. However, I'm on holiday from uni for a month so I'll be dedicating as much time I can to the hack. With that, here are some updates.

I've recently gotten the hang of music hacking so tracks from other video games will be in the hack. Here's the theme for the Elite Four in Azure Horizons (which is the theme from B/W's E4).

Click Me

I've also edited the battle interface as well.

Spoiler:

As for the sprites, almost all of the Pokémon front sprites have been edited and replaced with their fourth or fifth generation counterparts, palettes and all.

Cheers.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Great to see this hack back up and running; Can't wait to see any more improvements to Azure Horizons...one of the first hacks I've played here.

Good luck with your hack and happy holidays! :D

Facelift

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
Three cheers for Azure Horizons!
Along with rijonAdventures & Sienna, this is one of the few hacks that is straightforward and fun at the same time! I got scared when this thread was locked...

PS. Since B1 had 2 gyms and B2 had 4, will B3 have around 6 gyms?
Seems like a pattern here.

Years
Since a beta wasn't released this year I'm not sure how long it will be up to. I like the Elite Four battle remix, Pokemon Platinum HP Bars, and the decapitalized Pokemon names update that appear. I guess day and night will be another feature in game since I saw red, probably evening, in your video battling against Wallace, I guess it will also affects battles like in the 4th and 5th generation too which is what I also like.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Great to see this back, Azure Horizons was one of my favorite hacks. :D Good luck with Beta 3!

kyo23

Kaede Aragaki
Years
I see..
Well I'll look forward to your Pokemon Hack.
maybe somehow I can help too~
anyways I hope you a well luck :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
How much of the game is in the latest Beta ? And If I start the Beta, will I be able to use my old save for the final game ?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Where can you find a Skitty? I've looked everywhere. x-x

I have the same problem, I've been looking for hours at the area of grass just after azure town.... which someone told me is where you're supposed find skitty but no luck so far :(

Anyone have any other info about skitty?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
How much of the game is in the latest Beta ? And If I start the Beta, will I be able to use my old save for the final game ?

I played the old beta on my phone with gameboid, the save file wouldn't load but I could transfer the quick save from my emulator. I just renamed the quicksave file to the latest beta file name and it saved all my progress and let me play the new version.

Years
Bug

I think this is a bug, or I didn't do something though, but the Slowpoke and the kid won't move when I get the Pokedex. I saw a Walkthrough and he said that in his Practice Run the Slowpoke kid didn't move.

Back