• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2004
BYE Pokemunna! C YA LATER!

CAN ANYONE MAKE MY CLUB A BANNER? CONTACT ME @: AIM: WooperX2 or @ PokeHangout (I'm Wooper) or just PM me here!
THANKS!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
SkinnyGreenMan said:
He is playing Silver. That does count toward the dex, doesn't it?
only current games and ruby/sapphire count for our dex. can you prove that you have all the hitmons? cuz the chance of getting all 4 shiny is very unlikely. (wait... did we decide to just trust people? i forget... i'm not a very trusting gentleman)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2004
Your not gonna trust me after I spent 7 hours non-stop restarting my GBA ( i use it for SILVER) trying to get a shiny tyrogue!? LOL...sorry...

Oh and it's not very unlikely, I've known tons of people who find many shinies! There was one kid I knew (so lucky) who had ONLY shinies...lol i hated that kid, just cuz of that!

Oh, and I got a shiny evee from bill a while ago. forgot to add that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
but you duplicated them? i thought that you just had a ton of luck breeding tyrouges (my mistake) though we discourage cheating to get shinies.... and we don't fully support gold/silver for our dex... o well, i'll let aaryn decide what goes on.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2004
Well, GreenMan said that since I duplicated the tyrogues, the hitmonlee/chan wouldn't count until I got them from evolving a shiny tyrouge from an egg.

LOOK AT THIS TRICK I FOUND FOR A SHINY DITTO!
**NEED SILVER/GOLD/CRYSTAL AND RED/BLUE/YELLOW**
Go to Lake Of Rage and capture the Red Gyarados. Play through the game until you get to Blackthorn City and get rid of all your Red Gyarados' moves except for one that was originally in Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow. I would suggest deleting them all except for Leer or Bite.

Trade the Red Gyarados to your Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow, then teach it Mimic.

Encounter a wild Ditto and Mimic Transform. Let Ditto Transform into you, then wait until it Transforms into you a second time. After that, capture it.

When you trade your Red Gyarados back to Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, your Ditto will also be Shiny, but in Blue rather than Pink! It should also be holding Metal Powder. (NOTE: Make sure you have an extra Pokemon to trade to Blue/Red/Yellow so you can get BOTH Shiny Pokemon back.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
ok i cant keep it in ... im not trying to start a flame war or nething ive said this with someone else in like the beginning of the club ... PokeX there is no way you have that many i mean your all like well i just got a shiny mr.mime and o yeah did i mention a have a shiny evee im sure many others feel the same but just wont say it.... not trying to be harsh XD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2004
1) I got that evee a LLLOOONNNGGG time ago. When i was @ goldenrod after coming back from Ekruteak. 2) Mr.Mime surprised me as much as it surprised you! 3) ALL the other shinies I caught were also a LLLOONNGG time ago. Didn't you notice I was gone for a long while. Thats when I was playing SILVER! DUH! Don't cause something where I lose credit for all my hard work. (and no I'm not yelling, lol)

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
w/e i know that you cant possibly have that many..and no im not trying to be mean..ryan has been looking for a shiny aerodactyl for like a month prolly more..and you find all of these so quick i dont believe it XP

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2004
Its all random and everyone knows that. Some people find it instanly, some after a while, some after a long while, and some never! I've had much more luck with shinies in silver than in ruby, and thats how its always been. I don't know why, it just is, so I just go with the flow.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
Years
Well XD. I aint found another shiny myself yet. Just training up my pokemon for a bit now XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
o wow... i've completely forgotten about training my pokemon... i feel so low now. i've been meaning to make a good balanced team, but i've spent way too much time on school/aerodactyl/street fighter... *darns self*

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
Years
XD. Well Ive gotta let my Primeape and Gyarados catch up with the rest cus they r level 70 and Gyarados is Lv 60 and Primeape is Lv 58. Poor Gyarados and Primape :(

Pokemon_Veteran

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
i have to get some serious breeding done. i need a... wait a second... i can't reveal it. sorry, but my friends have been known to look at my posts to see what team i'm developing (but let me say this... i'm breeding an ultimate awesome pokemon!)

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
Oh, ryan, next time you start looking for a shiny aerodactyl, check each time you pick one up, and look at it's nature. If the nature doesn't change, it cannot be shiny. It's possible that aerocactyl's shinyness is decided when you pick up the fossil, rather than the pokemon, but I'm not sure so you might want to check before too long.

As for shiny pokemon in sliver, well here are my thoughts: this whole club was founded to have fun looking for shinies, so why exclude the privious games? Of course, we will see what Aaryn thinks, whe he is on.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
ya, i've had males and females of all different natures (don't worry, as cofounder of this club, i know what i'm doing)
but i guess you're right, even though it's a lot easier to cheat in silver/gold, and that's something we'd like to discourage

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
rsgh5 said:
ya, i've had males and females of all different natures (don't worry, as cofounder of this club, i know what i'm doing)
Alright, just wanted to make sure. I have heard that it doesn't change, and it was taking you a while so I thought I share my thoughts.

rsgh5 said:
but i guess you're right, even though it's a lot easier to cheat in silver/gold, and that's something we'd like to discourage
Yeah it is a lot easier to cheat, but you can still cheat in Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg, so it's not like are getting rid of cheating anyway.

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
Years
-Sigh- Okay, this is the third time I'm going to retype this thing. Long live curiosity and a faulty keyboard.

````First off, it seems that many of you are questioning PokeX's credibility. Do not worry this is not wrong, human jealousy and curiosity are the reasons for this, and it is only natural for you to be feeling this way. Anyways, as of right now, our rules state that we go by word. I will not go back on our rules. So, as of now, we are going to accept his credibility, and register our dexes accordingly as he says what pokemon he has. This reason, as you know, is because we cannot go to each other's house and check their gameboy and for a gamesharkish device. But, since a lot of you are in question, I will say that we can require proof for those that club members have question about. Not just one member, but a reasonable amount, and for good reason. This is to prevent people from saying "I don't think you have a shiney spearow, I demand you show it! >:|" It seems quite unreasonable to doubt a person with one shiny, but as numbers grow people become more...edgy. Please post your thoughts and comments on this.

````Okay, that's enough of me being "Motherly" as Ryan puts, it (Thank you Ryan..) and time for me to be...me-ish? Ha-ha, I dunno. ^____^; But anyways, yeah, I wrote this thing (yes there is still a LOT more to come...took me about 10 mins to write the first 'draft' as I'll call it.... Anyways, the woman in my signature is Maya Ibuki from Evangelion. Fyi Pokemunna, sorry to take so long to repond to that. v__v; Also I will not be able to hunt for shinies anymore on 'the count of' I no longer have a GBA. It was my mother's friend's and I had to return it. v___v;; So....sorry for that....
On a upper note, I have simply fallen in love with the anime series "Card Captor Sakura" it is targeted for a younger audience, yet I still find it cute. (I watched it when I was little, but then they took it off. v____v;;) I'll probably do something with her in my sig sometime in the future, but, that's then and, now's now. As all but Ryan don't know, I broke my chair due to me not being able to sit still (It sucks). So I am now on the floor, typing, listening to music, playing games, watching anime, on the floor, with my monitor on the floor (I basically migrated all items on my desk to the floor) speakers, keyboard and mouse (Wireless, oh yeah. >_>). Just thought I'd share that tidbit. Are you guys fired up for the released of StarCraft: Ghost and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes?! I know I am, even though I'm not a FPSer (Yes, that even includes Halo and Counter Strike). Ooooh I just can't wait. ^___~

````Now for me to question a bit. >_> <_<. PokeX, I have question about your shiney ditto method. The reason is, R/B/Y cannot have data that wasn't already programed into it, in it. Thus the reasons for deletion of new moves. The Red Garaydos is something new and special, introduced to us in G/S, as well all know. That means, a new sprite, a new line of coding for the game. If the game even allows you to transfer the dude, the ditto method itself would not work. The reason being is because when ditto "mimics" something, it merely copies the sprite, and moves with 5pp. It does not copy anything more, aka the stats (this is in R/B/Y and G/S/C where special effects were not introduced). Therefore the ditto would not copy the line of code (if it were to even exist in the r/b/y) that the Garaydos had. The game cannot write new data it was not programmed to write, so it cannot write the shiny line of code that the Garaydos contains. This is all based on speculation as, I cannot play my silver or Yellow, and lost my blue (which had an OFFICIAL mew). My silver's save battery is fried, and I cannot concentrate to get that far in the game without saving and turning off, and I don't want to play yellow without reason. So..if it does work, huh, if not, logic is correct.

````As a creator of the Shiny Hunters (Along with a LOT others) I say that we DO include the games Gold,Silver and all else after. The reason being is because, no matter what there will be people who are able to hack, and if they really want to, they will. Also, we have three dexes, Kanto, Johto, and Hoeen. The only games you are able to get the Johto pokemon are G/S/LG(some)/FR(some)/CO. Colleseum is not like the traditional games and therefore people will not be willing to invest all their time searching for a shiney, especially if it is hard to find, on a game cube. Also, we are built on a trust system, so, why not also trust those who are playing G/S/C?

````Alright people, this took me WAY too long to write (an hour) so I'm gunna head off now, I love you all and hope you have a spectacular time hunting for shinies, and enjoying your daily lives. =P Luv ya all

~Pazz

Years
Hi everyone..
The last 3 days i have been at my grandma's house becauce she is kinda sick so i had to look after her....I had alot of time to shiny hunt and i caught Spheal and i have fully evolved it..I have been looking for a Taillow for a long time also but with no luck.

Valencia..

Back