• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's your name?

Years
My character's name was J-K many years and I have no idea why. Lately I have used Noops. The name comes from one insider joke.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I've used MIAU in all my Gen V games + Emerald, so I guess I'll just stick to it for Gen VI as well.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I always call the male character Ness...I've always liked Earthbound, and the male protagonists in the Pokemon series always have some similarities to Ness. Maybe just a few, but similarities are similarities.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I usually name mine Cliona or Cli, after myself!

I don't know, there's just something a lot more thrilling and inclusive about your name being in the game. For example, I replayed PMD recently. Usually, I name myself Cliona, but this time I named myself Charma, the Charmander. It just doesn't feel so close to your heart when you're not in the game :/ So I think I'm going to stick to Cliona for my X/Y playthrough :)

Nakala Pri

My last post was Georgie, but I think I will go with Cecilia. It relates to me, in a way you will never know... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! c:<

My Pikmin can never know. O#O

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
I have and always will use Kromeus. i use that name in everything i do :P . It was originally a Dungeons and Dragons character XD

Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 21, 2017
I use Rachel. That's not my name, but it's one of my favorite names and holds a special place in my heart for various reasons.

Devante77

Devante'
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
My actual name is exactly seven letters so it doesn't bother me. I'll be naming my character Vent this time around though. :3

Years
I was thinking of naming my character Ryudo after an anime character. Or if I can come up with something better.

Eme

Cooler than thou
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
I usually name myself Finn and my brother is always Jake. It won't affect me much.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I have a lot of different names in mind. Most of them are k-star related.

Narsha
Jiyeon
Soyeon
Byul

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Serena is actually one of my favorite names so I might actually go with that name for the game! If not that name, then unless I can think of another name I will probably just go with my real name.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
It doesn't really affect me. I will still use the name Alex if I'm a male and if I do play as a female I'll probably still use Amanda as her name.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
My name will be Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! ...Oh, wait. Probably not enough space.

In that case, I'll probably call meself 'Dude', because I usually call myself that when I can't think of anything better.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
This might be easier for me seeing as I have different names in each version. Most of my names are 1-2 spaces away from the end. More space would definitely help me. I make it difficult so I chose names that only start with H or S.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
For Pokemon X Version I'll name my character 'Joel' after the protagonist in the recently released video game 'The Last of Us' ... For Y, I haven't decided on a name yet... The character limit will not effect me though, never needed more than 7 characters.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
I name my Trainer/Pokémon based on themes.
Switching the letters around can't break the limit, but maybe I'll think of something that takes advantage of the extra letters.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Me and my little brother had an agreement when he started playing pokemon: I will start all the games he plays agin with my own name and he will use his name. so far when i use my name i am getting lucky A LOT!!! so i decided a year ago i will just stick with that so my name would be Idan like every other game.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Mine would be Amogha or Ganesha just depending on my mood, I use them just because it is my real name... :D

Back