• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I know Kirby39 posted the 0 catch rate pokemon but does this mean all the others are catchable? What about Vessel? Is he catchable? 0_0
How can I get all them big dragons and Giratina? I'm after the Giratina boss fight so far...

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
I know Kirby39 posted the 0 catch rate pokemon but does this mean all the others are catchable? What about Vessel? Is he catchable? 0_0
How can I get all them big dragons and Giratina? I'm after the Giratina boss fight so far...

The three variations of the Vessel are not capturable as you only see them in Trainer Battles (Gaia)
Firstly, you have to beat the Hevah League.

Spoiler:

I can't play this hack because when I download it it's a .rar file, any help?
Right click it and select "Extract Files..."

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
^ I right click and Extract Files doesn't come up, I guess I should've pointed out how I'm on mac if that makes any difference, when I right click all I get is,

Open
Open With
Move To Trash
Get Info
Compress Life of Guardians v13.rar
Burn Life of Guardians v13.rar to disk
Duplicate
Make Alias
Quick Look Life of Guardians v13.rar
Copy Life of Guardians v13.rar
Clean up selection
Show View Options
Label

Any help? Should I just re-download it and try again?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
^ I right click and Extract Files doesn't come up, I guess I should've pointed out how I'm on mac if that makes any difference, when I right click all I get is,

Open
Open With
Move To Trash
Get Info
Compress Life of Guardians v13.rar
Burn Life of Guardians v13.rar to disk
Duplicate
Make Alias
Quick Look Life of Guardians v13.rar
Copy Life of Guardians v13.rar
Clean up selection
Show View Options
Label

Any help? Should I just re-download it and try again?

I sense that you're using a mac from the option list, so I'm going on a limb here. Macs don't open RAR archives out of the box last I checked, it's best to get something like The Unarchiver. After getting that, it's basically just doubleclick and it automatically extracts. http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html

Also for patching this ROM, I would suggest that you pick up MultiPatch (remember to patch a clean Ruby ROM)... http://projects.sappharad.com/tools/multipatch.html
And for an actual emulator, google MacBoyAdvance or VBA-M 0.1 for Mac. They run faster than vanilla VBA due to being Intel only, and work on Lion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Seems like I've got an another bug. After beating the Vessel and Giratina the dragons talk for a while. After that I see the "You got into the Hall of Fame" screen. Then some credits and after that I go back to the main menu. I can either choose New Game or Options. Like WTF? I know this is NOT the end and I should be able to continue :(
I've read the added faq and it doesn't cover answers to my problems...

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Seems like I've got an another bug. After beating the Vessel and Giratina the dragons talk for a while. After that I see the "You got into the Hall of Fame" screen. Then some credits and after that I go back to the main menu. I can either choose New Game or Options. Like WTF? I know this is NOT the end and I should be able to continue :(
I've read the added faq and it doesn't cover answers to my problems...
I regret to inform you but it must be the wrong ROM or emulator you were using...
From the post, I can see that you did not use Save option in menu, am I right?

Frozen

Frosty
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Well since Gento is supposed to be destroyed and is supposed to recover from the Shadow Accident I don't think DJG has so much possibilities to add something from there =D

All it needs a small event or two to make Gento actually worthwhile to visit, otherwise there's no point in even adding them. :/

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013

I regret to inform you but it must be the wrong ROM or emulator you were using...
From the post, I can see that you did not use Save option in menu, am I right?

Yep, I didn't use it. I saved before I started the whole Giratina event. Guess I'll just save before. I'm using the Mugs ROM with vbag as emulator. What's wrong with that?

Edit
I've saved before the giratina event using the ROM's save. After Zah it shows credits and after credits it throws me out to the ROM list (I'm playing on my Nokia N95).

Last edited:

garjora

Ambassador of the Cosmos
Years
Here's the thing about that. To record all the music, since the midis themselves don't play the same as they do in the game, then upload it all, would be far more work than it would be to have others simply download Sappy to listen to it in the game. If you want to listen to it bad enough, get the program. It's simple and doesn't even need any kind of install (plus it'd be faster to download than a huge zip/rar file with all the tracks). That, and you can listen to the music on a loop as it plays. Can't do that when they're mp3s.

Funny, because I downloaded Sappy and looked into the folder and it was an .exe; so you're telling me you don't have to install it? (Unless it's one of those exe's that don't require installing then fair enough) but I don't want to run an exe everytime I want to listen to this music, I'd rather have them on my winamp playlist (Which can loop by the way)

I just want to see what Jagold says on the subject.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hey guys, i'm having some problems, well, when i started playing the game, i set the clock to my country time (chile), but now, it's not well sync, i mean, now in chile, it's like 17:40, and in my game it's like after 9:00, can i fix this with a cheat code, or it's some bug?
EDIT: if some didn't understood, i mean, that, when i set my clock at the begining it was morning, now, when it's suposed to be day/afternoon, now it's night, then again, i can fix it with some cheat code?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
hey guys, i'm having some problems, well, when i started playing the game, i set the clock to my country time (chile), but now, it's not well sync, i mean, now in chile, it's like 17:40, and in my game it's like after 9:00, can i fix this with a cheat code, or it's some bug?
EDIT: if some didn't understood, i mean, that, when i set my clock at the begining it was morning, now, when it's suposed to be day/afternoon, now it's night, then again, i can fix it with some cheat code?

Uh, have you held down the spacebar at points during the game? It speeds everything up. That may have caused it. Or you set it wrong. Why does the time of day matter, anyway? It's a game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019

Uh, have you held down the spacebar at points during the game? It speeds everything up. That may have caused it. Or you set it wrong. Why does the time of day matter, anyway? It's a game.

i know it's just a game, but, it's kind of annoying, since, i have budew and riolu, wich evolve by leveling up with very high hapiness at day, i supose, and i'm playing it on a psp by gba emulator, sorry if i forgot to say that...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks for all the bug reports.
I'll be squishing them now.

---

i know it's just a game, but, it's kind of annoying, since, i have budew and riolu, wich evolve by leveling up with very high hapiness at day, i supose, and i'm playing it on a psp by gba emulator, sorry if i forgot to say that...

Both Riolu and Budew evolve when their happiness is maxed, disregarding the time of the day, meaning, they'll evolve whether it's daytime or night.

The game has it's own clock system. It doesn't go with the real-time flow of the time.
I don't know any methods of changing the clock. Maybe I'll add that as a feature in the next version.

Funny, because I downloaded Sappy and looked into the folder and it was an .exe; so you're telling me you don't have to install it? (Unless it's one of those exe's that don't require installing then fair enough) but I don't want to run an exe everytime I want to listen to this music, I'd rather have them on my winamp playlist (Which can loop by the way)

I just want to see what Jagold says on the subject.

My very reason why I am making you guys use Sappy has been said by Eriah.
Code:
Here's the thing about that. 
To record all the music, since the midis themselves don't play the same as they do in the game, 
then upload it all, would be far more work than it would be to have others simply download Sappy to listen to it in the game. 
If you want to listen to it bad enough, get the program. 
It's simple and doesn't even need any kind of install (plus it'd be faster to download than a huge zip/rar file with all the tracks). 
That, and you can listen to the music on a loop as it plays. Can't do that when they're mp3s.

Yep, I didn't use it. I saved before I started the whole Giratina event. Guess I'll just save before. I'm using the Mugs ROM with vbag as emulator. What's wrong with that?

I am no longer using the Ruby ROM with MUGS intro, 'cause I theorized that the MUGS-intro'ed Ruby ROM is glitchy. No solid proof though, just a theory.

All it needs a small event or two to make Gento actually worthwhile to visit, otherwise there's no point in even adding them. :/

Well, I'll just make it a visit only region. I don't think I have more to add there. =/

I hope Destinjagold fixes snorunt's growth rates and puts the fishing rods back in version 14.

I'll fix the growth rates in the next version release, and try to put back the rods.

...And before anyone says anything, I'm not addicted to this game. I just have a memory that's way too good...

Can I have your memory? :(

I don't think Froslass is obtainable via evolution in the game.
And how did you get Eevee?

Froslass is in the game. Just use a Sun Stone on Snorunt.
Eevee's in the Safari Zone.

anyone knows where to get eevee?

Eevee's in the Safari Zone.

I just realized that froslass is a 4th gen pokemon....so will it not have moves that were introduced in that gen?

Yep.

This is a cool game!!!
It deserves its place being HoTY!!
Congrats!!!!

Thankies~

He changes all the trainers? How? After the whole Giratina-Leon Empire incident all the NPCs "in the wild" disappeared :/ I've double checked it - the TM NPC ain't there. I don't see any of the other trainers. I hope it's all because of Giratina's actions because if the game glitched big on me again, I'll scream!

It's because of the storm Giratina caused.
It's called the "negative storm" that many believe that it can drive anyone insane, so the people fled to safety.
They'll be back when the storm is over.

xgfz1e.png

ocq4o.png

None of these machines heal your Pokemon.

They're not suppose to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Destine and all the other guys who don't have ROM problems - could you point me to the ROM you're using now? Mugs ain't supported anymore...

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Kinda off-topic stuff but thought of quoting to Ash493's message here.

As always I am using Ruby v1.0.
It's kinda standart ROM since it works everytime.
Not really, you should only patch over Ruby 1.0 if the creator of the hack decided to create the patch using Ruby 1.0 rom as "Unmodified rom file".

But as Ruby 1.0 is the original release, a smart hacker knows to create the patch file over a rom of that kind so that's why it often works.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
My team consists of:
Ramackin♀ lv 27
Charizard♂ lv 36
Zoroark♂ lv 30
Kirlia♂ lv 24
Skarmory♂ lv 31
Lucario♂ lv 31

And I have only 3 symbols.
What do you think? Should I change any of my pokemon on my team?

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Wow it is great to know this hack is actively developed. Oh and btw I made a mistake I did not mean snorunt's growth rates need fixing I meant his two evolutions needed them as Kirby said here...

Also, Snorunt's evolutions have different Growth Rates than Snorunt. It makes them decrease in level upon evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back