Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

TrollandToad.com

Old October 7th, 2017 (4:13 PM). Edited October 14th, 2017 by SilverLeafeon75.
Type diversity? What type diversity?

Nature: Timid
    Pokemon Soul Silver Fire Monotype PT 7 Up in smoke, down in flames.

Last time we stopped at the national park, and now a new day, new adventure. As per normal, I am to kill all trainers to grind up my new team member, and as such, ransack the park, and east half of route 35. Along the way, AC/DC learned confuse ray. After going back to get the SquirtBottle (I'm an idiot) I engaged the Sudowoodo, and caught it with little problem. Not much happened aside from running to and fro battling trainers, though I did give Kenya the Spearow to the man, and got a rest TM for my efforts. The route up to violet was little issue, aside from two annoying (yet cute) beauty's an their Clefable/Wigglytuff.

After entering Violet city, I met Bill, the creator of the PC system. After this I backtracked all the way to Goldenrod to pick up an Eevee, which I named GunsNRoses. Once I got back to violet city, I ran straight to the burned tower in hopes of catching my next teammate. But instead I came across a mysterious man named Eusine, who is chasing Suicune, and shows me the location of the legendary beasts. And what a surprise, Mikal is there too. Let the fight commence!

I lead with AC/DC, he leads with Gastly, and hits me with a confuse ray, but I get 2 embers off regardless, getting the ghost type down below half, when he decides to use curse..... REALLY!?! This is the second time your Gastly committed suicide. AC/DC gains a level, AND snaps out of confusion. But just like last time, He switches in the Croconaw, so I go into Metallica to counter(I really have no counters to a water type.) But if there is one thing, have the level advantage. But I still spammed smokescreen regardless. Nickeback took care of the Zubat, and Magnemite same way.... Huh, I can't catch a legendary? I'll see about that.

Also I wake the legendary beasts and stand face to face with Suicune, which according to Eusine is a very important judgement of a trainers skill. I got a call from Alan finally, but no fire stone. I really need one for GunsNRoses so I can actually use him. I finally caught a Magmar and named him LinconPark as LincolnPark did not fit. Now it is time to grind for the Gym! Which involves wrecking the gym trainers, and doing the typical wild grinding.

The Band of Fire

Metallica (Quilava) (M) - Charcoal
    Level: 25
    Abilty: Blaze
    -Headbutt
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen
    -Flame Wheel
    Metallica continues to conquer everything as always.

Nickelback (Slugma) (F) - Quick Claw
    Level: 24
    Abilty: Magma Armor
    Nature: Lax
    -Recover
    -Rock Smash
    -Ember
    -Rock Throw
    Well, Nickelback did not do too much this time around, as I was mainly grinding my new members.

AC/DC (Vulpix) (F) - Shell Bell
    Level: 20
    Abilty: Flash Fire
    Nature: Lonely
    -Ember
    -Confuse Ray
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Quick Attack
    Having been used to Growlithe, Vulpix has required a bit of getting used to, but it does get some good status options.

LinconPark (Magmar) (M) - None
    Level: 20
    Abilty: Flame Body
    Nature: Careful
    -Leer
    -Ember
    -SmokeScreen
    -Faint Attack
    Another greenhorn on the squad, Faint attack allows it to be a good hitter against Ghost and Psychic types.

GunsNRoses (Eevee) (M) - None
    Level: 5
    Abilty: Adaptability
    Nature: Jolly
    -Tail Whip
    -Tackle
    -Helping Hand
    -Dig
    Until I get a fire stone from Schoolboy Alan or decide to grind out the Pokeathalon, GunsNRoses will be taking a back seat in the team. Will likely be given Return for coverage.

OTHERS
    Ache Emm(Cut Slave)
    FakeTree(Sudowoodo)
    Penny(Adorable Togepi)

Black Grass Monotype: Badge 2/8(On Hold)
    Heart Gold Fire Monotype: Badge 2/8

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 10th, 2017 (7:53 AM). Edited October 10th, 2017 by Swagroar.
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
    Good thing Z-Moves are allowed now, makes me feel better about doing this.

Forum User Name: Swagroar
    Game: Sun
    Pokémon Type: Fairy
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single
    Spoiler:
    So I started up the game, chose the girl and named her Lumina. After all the opening stuff where I nearly die but Tapu Koko saves me, I chose Popplio and named it Symphonic. Then once I was at the festival, I could have wiped against Hau, but his Pikachu decided to only use Growl after the first Thunder Shock, and Litten was easy work for me.

Once we were at the Trainer's School, the only particularly difficult opponent was Teacher Emily with her Magnemite, as Water Gun was a 3HKO and her Thunder Shock did over half first time, but the second hit somehow did less. I had to use a Potion afterwards, but I still beat her.

Next stop was Hau'oli City. I talked to the people there, and beat the Team Skull grunt that was present. Then, Ilima challenged me, but I knew that it was going to be very difficult thanks to that Smeargle. Sure enough, I wiped first time since I only had Symphonic. After training it to Level 13, and discovering that I can get an X Defense from one of the NPCs at the Marina, I took him on again.

I began with Symphonic against Yungoos, and opened the battle with an X Defense, as he used Tackle for a pretty weak hit (12/13). My Water Gun did over 1/3, as he used Tackle for another weak hit. Another Water Gun got him into the red before he used Tackle once again. He used his Potion, and my Water Gun did around half his remaining health, but my next one left him with a sliver, while I was out just under 1/3 my health after another Tackle. I finished him next turn, though.
    Then we came to the mean, nasty Smeargle. I started with Baby-Doll Eyes as his Lea***e scored a critical hit on the very first hit. REALLY?!?! It brought me to 5 HP (did 22 HP damage). As I healed, he then did 6 HP. Another Lea***e got me to 1/3 on the dot, so Torrent activated, allowing me to do over half with Water Gun. Then he got me into the red, but I finished him with another Water Gun for the win. Whew!

The next stop was getting to his trial. While I beat a few of the trainers on Route 2 (side note: one Beauty had an annoying Gastly that was speed tied with me, had me fully paralyzed four turns in a row and used Spite every turn after), I skipped most of them so I could save them for once I had more than one Pokémon on me. I eventually made it to Ilima's trial, and long story short, I took care of the three Normal-types and the grunt there. They weren't that tough, but the Gumshoos was scary. But anyway, we made our way to the Totem Gumshoos!

As the Totem Aura boosted its Defense, I had only Symphonic to use. I started with a Water Gun, but it did around 1/4 as Gumshoos used Super Fang for half, but not activating my Oran Berry yet (I was still in green since my HP was odd). It called its ally Pokémon Yungoos. Another Water Gun got Gumshoos below half, but it used Scary Face. Then Yungoos used Tackle and propped my Oran Berry, so I was out a little over 1/3. Gumshoos used Bite for 1/3 my remaining health, and Yungoos used Tackle for 1/3 of that, and I used Water Gun to get Gumshoos to 1 HP!!! I used Aqua Jet to finish off Gumshoos, and Symphonic grew to Level 16. Yungoos used Tackle and got me into the red, but did less than half my remaining health. I used Aqua Jet, and Yungoos had a sliver of health left, and Tackle…left me with 1 HP!!! Another Aqua Jet finished it by the skin of my teeth and won me the battle without even using any items (aside from the Oran Berry).

So as Ilima showed up, I got the Normalium Z, and Ilima invited me back outside to learn about Z-Moves. After Kukui taught me of them, it was off to Route 3 and Melemele Meadow so I could catch two new recruits: Elfie the Cutiefly and Puffball the Cottonee. I went back and beat past trainers with my two new recruits to catch them up, and while at it, Symphonic evolved into Brionne. After saving Nebby, I beat Hau. There wasn't a lot to say about the fight, as it was pretty easy. I finished up with the trainers on Route 3 and made my way to Hala's grand trial, where it was time for me to do battle with him!

I began with Elfie against Mankey, and as he used Karate Chop for a weak hit, Fairy Wind did just barely half. He used Focus Energy, but it didn't matter, because another Fairy Wind finished him.
    Then we came to Makuhita. For that, I switched in Puffball, and he used Fake Out for 1/5 my health. I used Leech Seed, and hit, as he used Sand-Attack, but Leech Seed healed me to full. Then I switched to Elfie again, and he used Sand-Attack once more but was then at 3/4. Yet I hit with Fairy Wind for around half his remaining health, while Arm Thrust hit 2 times for 2 HP that were healed to full by Leech Seed. I hit with Fairy Wind, and he wasn't finished, but after two hits of Arm Thrust, Leech Seed finished him.
    Then we had Crabrawler. I switched over to Puffball, and he used Leer, but anticipating the Z-Move I returned to Elfie, yet he used Leer again. I tried to use Stun Spore, but it missed, then he used the Z-Move, All-Out Pummeling, which with -1 did almost 2/3 my health with a critical hit. Geez, dude! As I switched back to Puffball, he used Pursuit, which finished me. I switched in Puffball and used Leech Seed, but he used Leer, although Leech Seed brought him to 7/8. I hit with Stun Spore this time, but he used Power-Up Punch and did 1/3. Oh dear! But Leech Seed got me to 5/6. He used a Full Heal, but that wasted a turn on his end, then I used Mega Drain, and Leech Seed got him right near half. Then I accidentally mis-clicked on Stun Spore again, but it hit once more, and he was fully paralyzed, then Leech Seed brought him below half. I used Mega Drain, and he got fully paralyzed again. After Leech Seed… He used a Super Potion, and was healed to full. That's not good. Mega Drain did light, but Leech Seed got him to 3/4. After another Mega Drain and another full para, he was at half again. After another Mega Drain, he was fully paralyzed yet again!!! With Leech Seed and another Mega Drain on him, he finally hit with another Leer, but it was too little too late, as another round of Leech Seed and a Mega Drain finished him off.

So the Grand Trial was complete, I got the Fightinium Z, and Tauros was added to my Ride Pager. Afterwards, I went to Ten Carat Hill and caught a Carbink which I named Stalagmite. That's where I'll wrap this up.

Team:
    Spoiler:
    (M) "Symphonic", Level 17
    Stats: 51, 33, 31, 37, 33, 28
    Moves: Aqua Jet, Baby-Doll Eyes, Disarming Voice, Water Gun

(M) "Elfie", Level 15
    Stats: 39, 22, 21, 25, 17, 32
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Moves: Fairy Wind, Shield Dust, Struggle Bug, Stun Spore

(M) "Puffball", Level 15
    Stats: 37, 16, 25, 18, 24, 22
    Ability: Prankster
    Moves: Growth, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Stun Spore

"Stalagmite", Level 11
    Stats: 32, 18, 38, 17, 41, 16
    Moves: Harden, Rock Throw, Sharpen, Tackle
    Old October 12th, 2017 (4:50 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by lloebet.
    OHOHOHOHOHOHO
    • Crystal Tier

Spoiler:

lloebet's Johto Adventure

I found my ol' soulsilver and wanted something fun to do with it. Here we go.
    Forum User Name: lloebet
    Game(s): Soulsilver
    Pokémon Type: Water
    -
    Adventure Log:
    Spoiler:
    Violet City
    Spoiler:

• Grabbed my Totodile, finished my chore, and started the actual game.
    • I made my way to Violet city where I caught myself a Wooper underneath at route 32.
    • I made my way through Sprout tower with less trouble then expected while feeding some much needed EXP to my Wooper.
    • I then made my way to the Gym where I made short work of Falkner and collected my badge.

Azalea Town
    Spoiler:
    • I made my way through Union Cave without any trouble. Made a B line for the exit.
    • I healed up my pokes then went over to handle team rocket without much trouble.
    • After that I went over and handled the gym very easily since my Goldeen knew peck.
    • It took me forever to beat Silver because of his Bayleef so I had to grind for a good two hours before I could take him out and finally move on.

Goldenrod City
    Spoiler:
    • Got to the city with ease
    • Did the quiz at the radio tower
    • Challenged Whitney and forgot how beefy her miltank was and lost
    • Came back a second time and mopped her

Ecruteak City
    Spoiler:
    • Went to the burnt tower and got my ass handed to me by my Rival
    • Challenged again and managed to squeeze by to victory
    • Morty was probably the easiest gym leader yet for me, mostly one shot his fragile lil ghosts

Team:
    Spoiler:

Ricky (Croconaw)

Bubbles (Quagsire)

Lucy (Seaking)

Julian (Staryu)

Sarah (Gyarados)

Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:48 AM).

Nature: Sassy
      After an embarrassingly long bout of failures to even get past Lorelei I tried a new strategy of using my very few items to beat her to get some money and then lose to Bruno so I can try to build resources. It worked but I barely got 2700 so I needed a solid strategy. Since only pokemon who could take a hit from the first 2 trainers was Omar I decided to replace hydro pump with double team. who then proceeded to hand the entire Elite Four and Champion (minus Agatha so I could use less healing items so I let gene sweep her team) its ass. It was incredible how well it went with a little thing called dodging. Overall despite the wall at the end I loved this and I'm going straight into gen 2 within a few days.

Final team:
      Omar the Omastar (MVP) lvl 56 surf, double team, toxic, ice beam
      Gene the Graveler lvl 47 strength, rock throw, earthquake, fissure
      Tommy the Rhydon lvl 47 rock slide, earthquake, submission, mega kick
      Onyx the Onix lvl 47 dig, body slam, bind, rock throw
      Amber the Aerodactyl lvl 49 wing attack, supersonic, fly, rest

Yellow 8/8, Silver 0/16, Emerald 0/8, Platinum 0/8, White 2 0/8, Y 0/8, Moon 0/8
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:41 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Mr.Ryne.

Forum User Name: Mr.Ryne
        Game(s): Fire Red, Heart Gold, Omega Ruby, Platinum, White, Y, Sun
        Pokémon Type: Fire
        Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

Fire Red:
        Spoiler:

First gym completed with lvl 16 Charmander. Realized I have a long way to go before I get a second fire type. The gym was a breeze just had to grind out the evolution. Time for Mt. Moon!

Second gym completed. I skipped Misty and finished the SS Anne and all trainer battles i could access and ended up drastically overlevelled. OHKO'd her team with Charizard. Picked up a Dugtrio HM slave as well, but he will be replaced when i get to the safari zone.

Third gym completed. This was right after Misty, ran here and did it immediately. On to the next route.

Fourth gym completed. Now this one was quite a while later. Made it through dark cave using a voltorb hm slave for flash, dugtrio went into the PC. Got out, and finally got a second Pokemon (growlithe) and then my third in celadon (eevee) I fire stoned them both, and they're now evolved and usable. Beat Erika using these two. Since Charizard is overlevelled, he is being benched. Beat Giovanni and got silph scope, time for lavender town.

Fifth gym completed. I chose to take care of the Fuschia gym next. Beat it with Flareon but had to switch to Arcanine for the Muk. Everyone is equally levelled now, need to head to the safari zone for surf.

Sixth gym completed. Beat Giovanni in the tower, got the Master Ball, and beat Sabrina. Heading to Cinnabar now.

Seventh gym completed. Easy one, heading to the islands now. Going to add Moltres and Rapidash to my squad.

Eighth gym completed. Alright, got moltres and rapidash ready. Time to hit the E4. Gonna grind in Victory Road a bit first get everyone to level 60.

I BEGIN THE ELITE 4 HERE:

Lorelei was tough, had to use alot of hp restores because of her surf spam. Solarbeam from rapidash and bite from flareon helped me beat it.

Bruno was very easy. Swept with Rapidash, using solarbeam and bounce. Charizard got the last kill on Onix.

Agatha was surprisingly quick. I had Bite from Flareon to kill everyone. Had to use charizard for golbat though.

Lance was a pain in the ass. Aerodactyl nearly swept my team. Charizard barely killed him with dragon claw. After that I had to spam restoring items to keep my team alive. After aerodactyl died, I was able to win with Charizard solo.

And now, Blue. Blue was the hardest fight so far. Everyone died except Charizard. In the end, my starter carried me. I have now completed Pokemon Fire Red.

Heart Gold:
        [SPOILER]
        First gym completed. Used level 16 Quilava, need to find a rock smash HM slave.
        Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:39 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Pekin.
        Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.

Nature: Relaxed
          Forum User Name: Pekin
          Game(s): Omega Ruby
          Pokémon Type: Normal

Just felt like doing a Monotype Challenge again, and I don't think I've ever done Normal-type. Anyway, I'm just about to maybe challenge Roxanne, although I think it might be a bit of a challenge with my current team. The plan is to spam Sand-Attack to be able to get some power going on Whismur's Echoed Voice and bet on the relatively low Special Defense of Rock-types. It might not work, and I might need to level a bit more. Anyway, here's my team so far:

Zigzagoon, lv. 13 w/ Oran Berry
          Female // Jolly // Pickup
          - Headbutt
          - Baby-Doll Eyes
          - Tail Whip
          - Sand Attack

Taillow, lv. 13 w/ Oran Berry
          Male // Jolly // Guts
          - Wing Attack
          - Growl
          - Focus Energy
          - Quick Attack

Whismur, lv. 13 w/ Oran Berry
          Male // Modest // Soundproof
          - Echoed Voice
          - Pound
          - Astonish
          - Howl

EDIT: Holy hell, Whismur didn't even come into play! Zigzagoon spent all of its conscious turns out incapacitating her Geodude with Sand Attack and Baby-Doll Eyes. I figured I'd send Taillow in next to maybe get a couple of Growls in before setting up Whismur for the sweep. Lo and behold, Geodude missed so much and dealt so little damage, that Taillow was able to bring home the victory! Enough Growls and a Focus Energy, and it even brought down her Nosepass! I won against Roxanne with a frickin Taillow! (Aided by an important setup by Zigzagoon, thanks)

EDIT 2: And in a much less shocking twist, Taillow completely wiped the floor with Brawly!

Feel free to check out my old hack: Pekin's Ruby Hack
          Finished and playable, but with fewer features.
          Old 2 Weeks Ago (7:07 PM).
          The Arrow Quill Pokémon
          • PokéCommunity Daily
          • Platinum Tier

Nature: Modest
          Too tired to post formally, buuuutttt...

DeciduSteel Pearl - COMPLETE

And dear Arceus was I underlevelled.

Final team, from least useful to MVP:
          Glassworm - Lv29 Wormadam-Trash (F) - I benched Glassworm as soon as I got Cobalt for an HM slave spot, but she came back strong in the E4 and played a large role in wins over Aaron and Flint.
          The Fort - Lv42 Bastiodon (F) - Honestly, her Special Attack was just too underwhelming to do much. She didn't get a single relevant KO after Candice.
          Cobalt - Lv44 Lucario (M) - Punched stuff. Probably would place higher if not for his horrible availability.
          Icebreaker - Lv44 Empoleon (M) - Icy provided the Water coverage this team desperately needed, and was generally super fun to use. Fell off a bit in late-midgame, but came back strong and earned battle MVP awards for both Lucian (shared with Liberty) and Flint.
          Liberty - Lv44 Bronzong - Lib was kinda quiet most of the game, but always pulled its weight. However, it also earned battle MVPs for Bertha, Lucian (shared with Icebreaker), and most notably Cynthia. Levitate was an amazing asset to the team, and I honestly would now be ok with using Bronzong again.
          MVP - Seneca - Lv46 Steelix (M) - Consistant and always powerful, Seneca was my go-to mon in times of crisis for a majority of the game. Amazing coverage with the elemental fangs, EQ for actual damage, and just generally being awesome.

This was a great team, and a great run.

Now to finish the Ice run before USUM comes out.

"Knowledge is Power."
          DailyBattleTCG
          Old 2 Weeks Ago (9:55 PM).
          Professor in-training

Forum user: trotz59
            Type: Bug
            Game: Leafgreen

Completed Challenges
            Electric monotype - leafgreen 2014

Info
            YouTube: BugBoyTroy
            Twitter: trotz59
            Tumblr: trotz59 (barely use)
            Deviantart: ka-ting (very old, barely updated)
            Serebii and Bulbagarden forum accounts: trotz59
            Old 2 Weeks Ago (7:37 AM).
            • Crystal Tier

Sun Fairy Monotype - Update #2
            Spoiler:
            So I made my way to the Marina, and from there to Akala Island and Heahea City. There was a little bit to do there, but it wasn't all too significant. As for Dexio, Elfie's Struggle Bug was a 2HKO while he did a little with Confusion, but Espeon straight killed from 3/4 with Confusion. I had to bring in Puffball and get in a Leech Seed, and his Confusion did do almost 2/3. But I derped out and tried to use Mega Drain, forgetting it didn't have priority, and he finished me. Symphonic at least took less than 1/3 from Confusion, however, but he confused me and essentially forced me to switch. However, Stalagmite took less than half from Confusion despite a five level disadvantage, interestingly enough. It was pretty easy to handle from there. Good thing I had Aqua Jet!

Then I met with Lillie in the Tide Song Hotel, and proceeded to Route 4 to look for an Eevee for myself. I found one pretty quickly, caught it and named it Revolver. After some Pokémon Refresh, I beat the trainers on the route, and he evolved into a Sylveon. I then went north to Paniola Town, where Hau challenged me. Elfie took care of Pikachu, and I let both that and Revolver get screentime against Torracat, lowering his accuracy, before Stalagmite tried to fight him. However, he burned me with Fire Fang, and yet even then it was still able to best him.

I started with Stalagmite against Zubat, and as he used Wing Attack for 3 HP, Smack Down left him with 1/3. He used Wing Attack again, and while I was sitting there wondering why he didn't use Confuse Ray, another Smack Down finished him and got Stalagmite to Level 17. Then for Type: Null, I switched in Revolver as he used Tackle for 1/4 my health, then uses Baby-Doll Eyes to make that 1/6. I got in another, and then I was left out a little over half. Then I brought in Puffball, and he did just under 1/4 before I got in a Leech Seed and took another Tackle, then Leech Seed sapped away. He was faster, and Mega Drain didn't do much at all. I brought in Elfie to let him gain EXP too, as his Tackle did 1/4. I then used Symphonic lastly, and Tackle did enough that Leech Seed healed to full. Two more turns and he was taken care of.

Once we were done with that route, it was time for Brooklet Hill. After I met with Lana first time, I caught a Morelull that I named Lightmare. I beat all the trainers at Brooklet Hill, following Lana along the way. Then we made our way to the trial site. It was time for us to come to the mighty Totem Wishiwashi!

As the Totem Aura boosted its Defense, I began with Puffball, and started with a Leech Seed. It hit, and it used a pointless Growl before Leech Seed damaged it. Then it called upon another Wishiwashi. I brought in Symphonic, and the little Wishiwashi used Helping Hand while the totem used Growl before being brought to 3/4. I then used Encore on the totem, but first the little one used Helping Hand, and the totem was locked into Growl. With that, I was able to switch into Elfie as the little one wasted time using Helping Hand. Leech Seed got the totem to half and propped its Sitrus Berry. The little one used Helping Hand again, and I used Struggle Bug to do 1/3 to the little one and a light hit to the totem before it used Growl, the little one had Aqua Ring prop it and the totem was brought to half before its Encore ended. I switched in Lightmare as the little one used a weak Brine, and the totem used Water Gun for 1/4 my remaining health, but the totem was brought below half. The little one used Helping Hand and the totem used a pointless Growl, and I got the totem low with another Mega Drain. The totem was almost finished, then it stopped schooling. I used Mega Drain on the little one after it used Helping Hand, and the totem used Soak, but Mega Drain still finished it and the totem was finished thanks to Leech Seed for the win. All four of my team members that participated gained levels there.

So I got the Waterium Z from Lana, and a Fishing Rod. I used the Waterium Z to get rid of the Sudowoodo at Paniola Ranch. I beat the trainers there, including the Team Skull grunt, and was able to enter the Battle Royal Dome. Long story short, Symphonic took care of Hau's Torracat. Then I took to Wela Volcano Park and beat the three trainers there, and the few Swimmers on Route 7. I then decided it was time for Kiawe's trial, and it was my first time using the Exp. Share since the beginning. For the Marowak, Hydro Vortex on base of Aqua Jet was not an OHKO, but it missed with Bone Club. For the Hiker with a Magmar, it used Feint Attack for 1/5, but Hydro Vortex did OHKO. And finally, it was time for Totem Salazzle!

As the Totem Aura boosted its Special Defense, I started with Symphonic. It used Toxic, and I wasted no time in going straight for the Z-Move, Hydro Vortex, on base of Aqua Jet… And it didn't OHKO, and it ate its Petaya Berry. It called upon its ally Salandit, but I finished it with Aqua Jet before it could do any damage. Ha! The Salandit got me low with Venoshock (fun fact, poison brought me to 6/66 HP), then I switched in Puffball, who was OHKO'd with Venoshock, but Stalagmite took it from there. Plenty of levels were gained from Salazzle, and Stalagmite reached Level 21.

So he gave me the Firium Z and added Charizard to my Ride Pager, which is pretty awesome. Progressing on through Route 8, I beat the trainers there and on upper Route 5. Some of them had rough stuff, especially an Ace Trainer with a Sylveon that proved pretty annoying.

Afterwards, it was time for Mallow's trial. I went through and I beat Lurantis first try. I don't have notes for the battle, I was pretty much messing around because I wasn't expecting to win against it. But long story short, I managed to get lucky by lowering its accuracy and Attack, and Speed as well. It came down to the wire with just Revolver, and once it was out of PP for Synthesis, I managed to carry it from there with some usages of Draining Kiss. I didn't even need Elfie to be evolved or any items to win that fight! And speaking of such, that happened immediately after it.

Then I received the Grassium Z and was invited by Professor Kukui to come to the Dimensional Research Lab with him.

Team:
            Spoiler:
            (M) "Symphonic", Level 24
            Stats: 69, 45, 42, 51, 45, 38
            Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Bubble Beam, Disarming Voice, Encore

(M) "Elfie", Level 25
            Stats: 70, 40, 42, 59, 40, 72
            Moves: Draining Kiss, Pollen Puff, Struggle Bug, Stun Spore

(M) "Puffball", Level 24
            Stats: 53, 24, 38, 27, 36, 35
            Moves: Cotton Spore, Growth, Leech Seed, Mega Drain

"Stalagmite", Level 24
            Stats: 60, 35, 79, 34, 84, 31
            Moves: Harden, Reflect, Rock Tomb, Sharpen

(M) "Revolver", Level 25
            Stats: 86, 39, 41, 66, 71, 34
            Ability: Cute Charm
            Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Draining Kiss, Sand-Attack, Swift

(M) "Lightmare", Level 24
            Stats: 67, 28, 50, 59, 54, 21
            Ability: Illuminate
            Moves: Flash, Mega Drain, Moonlight, Sleep Powder
            Old 1 Week Ago (12:44 PM).
            Type diversity? What type diversity?

Pokemon Soul Silver Fire Monotype PT 7 The update that took a month to make.

Coming off a grinding session, and still lacking a Fire Stone, our "Hero" ventures back into Violet city. And now it is also time to end this third person narrative! After healing my 'mons
              , I go to the theater, where what do you know, turns out Team Rocket also harasses women in addition to animal cruelty and theft. So being the good Samaritan I am, I spring into the battle head first. Unluckily for him, he only had a level 12 Koffing, and I mopped the floor with him before you could say bob's your uncle, and he scurries off like the coward he is. I also obtained HM03 Surf, which a whopping none of my Pokemon can learn, except for my HM mule. Now with nothing else to do, it is time to face Morty, and oh boy am I Morty-fied.

Gym battle start! I lead off with LinconPark, and 1 shot his Gastly with a faint attack. I send in AC/DC to face his Gengar, to get off a Will-O-Wisp, BUT I get one shot.... Really??? Now I go into Metallica, who also gets wrecked by the Gengar. Luckily LinconPark Survives, but does not kill with Faint Attack... Ugggh. With Nickelback also going down in one shot, The Gengar officially has swept my entire team. Now more grinding I guess, now I remember why I hate Morty.

And many days went by during this period of grinding, BUT AC/DC learned Flamethrower, giving me a powerful fire type move finally. With the training session over, and this update taking a month to make :P and a whole team of Lv 25's, it is time to rematch Morty.

I lead off with LinconPark again, kill the Gastly, then the Gengar comes in. He starts off with a Shadow Ball, I live, an nail a Faint Attacc. Sadly I do not live the second Shadow ball, so I go into AC/DC, and go to sleep, stupid Gengar. I switch into Metallica, and get mean looked. Gengar's Sucker Punch does not do much damage, but I do NOT eat a shadow ball. Gengar then kills Nickelback, and I am forced back into AC/DC, I wake up first turn, land the flamethrower, and KILL the Gengar. I stay in on the Haunter to get a Flamethrower off. The Haunter used curse, putting it into kill range. Now I will use a super potion on AC/DC, knowing Night shade and curse will not put me into kill range. Sadly AC/DC goes down, so I switch into GunsNRoses to revive LinconPark. Haunter uses curse, but it does not matter, GunsNRoses is only in to heal LinconPark. So I use a Super Potion, GunsNRoses takes Curse damage. I know I will die, so I use dig to speed up the process. I send in LinconPark, Haunter does not use Sucker Punch, and I kill with Faint Attack! Finally I beat Morty, and what a well earned victory is was! Fog Badge recived! Morty gives me the Shadow Ball TM and I'm on my way.

The Band of Fire

Metallica (Quilava) (M) - Charcoal
              Abilty: Blaze
              -Headbutt
              -Leer
              -Smokescreen
              -Flame Wheel
              Metallica continues to conquer everything as always, sadly it only had a small role vs Morty.

Nickelback (Slugma) (F) - Quick Claw
              Abilty: Magma Armor
              Nature: Lax
              -Recover
              -Rock Smash
              -Ember
              -Rock Throw
              Well, Nickelback did not do too much this time around, as it was too slow to do anything Meaningful to Morty's ghosts. Slugma's shortcomings are starting to become somewhat apparent.

AC/DC (Vulpix) (F) - Shell Bell
              Abilty: Flash Fire
              -Flamethrower
              -Confuse Ray
              -Will-O-Wisp
              -Quick Attack
              Despite being a bit underwhelming at first, once AC/DC learned Flamethrower, she quickly became a key part to defeating Morty.

LinconPark (Magmar) (M) - None
              Abilty: Flame Body
              Nature: Careful
              -Leer
              -Ember
              -SmokeScreen
              -Faint Attack
              Thank Goodness for Faint Attack, or else I would have never got past Morty without excessive grinding.

GunsNRoses (Eevee) (M) - None
              Level: 5
              Abilty: Adaptability
              -Tail Whip
              -Tackle
              -Helping Hand
              -Dig
              Until I get a fire stone from Schoolboy Alan or decide to grind out the Pokeathalon, GunsNRoses will be taking a back seat in the team. Will likely be given Return for coverage.

OTHERS
              Ache Emm(Cut Slave)
              FakeTree(Sudowoodo)
              Penny(Adorable Togepi)

Black Grass Monotype: Badge 2/8(On Hold)
              Heart Gold Fire Monotype: Badge 2/8
              Old 1 Week Ago (7:14 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Swagroar.
              • Crystal Tier

Sun Fairy Monotype - Update #3
              Spoiler:
              After meeting at the Dimensional Research Lab where I learned more about the Ultra Wormhole, and had Rotom question the professor's beliefs, I then saw one for myself. Then we took through Diglett's Tunnel, where I fought some easy enough trainers and two silly grunts. Then I arrived in Konikoni City, and after doing a bit in town, I met with Olivia's Probopass, who instructed me on where to go. I went through Memorial Hill, with an Umbreon that was a little more annoying than I expected thanks to me forgetting that I even had Pollen Puff, and a stupid Team Skull grunt. We took care of two more trainers at Akala Outskirts with some big stuff that was much less intimidating than they looked, then there was Plumeria. Her Golbat wasn't much worry for Stalagmite, and Salandit was easily bested by Symphonic.

I made it to the Ruins of Life, where Lillie healed me up. Then it was time for Olivia's grand trial! First try I reset because I was annoyed after Symphonic failed to finish her Nosepass off with Bubble Beam and she paralyzed me. Second time, I decided to swap the Waterium Z for Mystic Water and see if that'd help, considering Boldore couldn't be OHKO'd, anyway.

Nosepass started with Rock Slide on Lightmare for less than 1/4, but flinched me, although I had Leftovers. Then she used Thunder Wave, but I hit with Mega Drain for around 1/4. After another Rock Slide, Mega Drain got her around 40% and me near full after Leftovers. I then switched in Symphonic, who took a Rock Slide for 1/4. Then I used Bubble Beam, which did finish her off this time. So the Mystic Water was a worthwhile change.
              Boldore was next. I decided to stay in and use Bubble Beam, which did get her into the red, as she used Headbutt for a little less than half my remaining health. She wasted her Super Potion as I finished her exactly after.
              Last was Lycanroc. I opted to stay in and use Baby-Doll Eyes to cut her Attack before she used the Z-Move, Continental Crush, which finished me. I brought in Puffball and used Leech Seed before she used Rock Throw for 1/3 on the dot even with -1 and the Eviolite, but Leech Seed sapped away at her. She used it again for the same amount as before, and I used Giga Drain, which did a little better than I thought it would, getting her right near half before Leech Seed. Another Rock Throw was followed by another Giga Drain, then Leech Seed, finishing her off.

With that, I had completed the Grand Trial and received the Rockium Z. Then I was invited to the Hano Grand Resort so I could go to the Aether Foundation! But first I took care of the trainers at Hano Beach. Then we took the ferry to Aether Paradise. After meeting with Wicke and Lusamine there, and being expected to believe that I'm 11, we had to deal with one big, random Nihilego. But I didn't beat it before the fifth turn, so it fled. But then we departed from the Aether Foundation after I was given TM29 for Psychic.

As soon as we arrived in Malie City, Hau challenged us to battle. I was leading with Stalagmite, and as he used Psychic for ONE POINT under half, Rock Tomb did okay and lowered his Speed. Electro Ball did over half my remaining health, then I got in a Reflect. Then he finished me with another Psychic. That allowed me to bring in Elfie (who had less than half of Stalagmite's Defense and could have been darn near OHKO'd) and slam him with Pollen Puff. For Torracat, I switched in Lightmare, because I didn't want to switch Symphonic into a Z-Move. Which is what he used, and yet thanks to the Reflect, it did not even 2/3 my health. I then avoided a Fire Fang (ha!) and Moonlight healed me right near full before Leftovers. Reflect then wore off, though, and Fire Fang did well over half before I got in a Flash. He then finished me. I brought in Symphonic, and he used Bite for 1/4, before my Bubble Beam did 3/4. But then he switched in Leafeon, who took another Bubble Beam for a weak hit. I brought in Elfie as he used Giga Drain for 1/5, then Quick Attack did roughly the same amount, as Pollen Puff came short of a finishing. He used Quick Attack again and I fell below half before a Draining Kiss finished him. Then we came to Torracat again, which I had Revolver weaken the Attack of before Symphonic finished him.

I proceeded to check out Malie City, where we met with Professor Kukui in the garden. Then they thought I needed to learn some stuff, so I went to Malie Library and met with Acerola, and learned about the legendary Pokemon. Then I had to battle a pretty tough Muk thanks to Minimize. But after that was done and over with, we made our way to Route 10. We beat two Team Skull grunts and took the bus stop upward with Kukui to Mount Hokulani. We beat the trainers there, some of which had strong stuff but nothing too crazy.

Then it was time for Molayne. I started with Puffball against Skarmory just to get off a Leech Seed, while his Air Cutter did over 1/3 even with my Eviolite and his muk Special Attack stat, and Leech Seed got me out of 3HKO range. Then I brought in Lightmare, who took less than 1/3 from Air Cutter. After another, I was still above half and hit with Sleep Powder before Leech Seed had him near half. Unfortunately, he used a Full Heal, but not without me using Flash to cut his accuracy and get him to half. We both missed with Air Cutter and Sleep Powder, then he was below half. I switched to Symphonic as he used Metal Claw and missed with that too. After Leech Seed, he was kept just out of healing range, and Bubble Beam finished him. That got Symphonic to Level 30.
              Metang was next. I decided to sack off Stalagmite to a Bullet Punch…oh wait, that wasn't a 2HKO?! That allowed me to get in a Reflect. Yet he actually missed with Zen Headbutt, which wasted some of that Reflect. I brought in Elfie and used Pollen Puff for a little less than half, while he used Pursuit for god knows what reason. Then I used Stun Spore, and he used Pursuit again? Geez dude, what's your problem? Reflect wore off, and I used Struggle Bug because I didn't want him to heal. He was STILL using Pursuit. Then I finished him with Pollen Puff.
              Dugtrio was last. He used Mud Bomb (WHY?!?!) and missed anyway before I paralyzed him with Stun Spore. I brought in Symphonic, took a weak Metal Claw, then a weak Mud Bomb which lowered my accuracy, but that meant nothing as I used the Z-Move, Hydro Vortex, to slam him. And Symphonic grew to Level 31.

After that was handled, I caught a Clefairy there that I named Rosalina. But I couldn't decide who to fit it onto the team for, so I decided to just start up the trial. After Stalagmite took care of the first three bugs, it was Totem time. As it used Spark for over 1/3 my remaining health and paralysis, I got in a Rock Tomb, which scored a critical hit on the first hit for half its health and undoing the Speed boost. Then it called upon Charjabug. Unfortunately, they both ganged up on me with Spark, finishing me. I brought in Puffball and used Leech Seed on Vikavolt, who would then use Bug Bite for half while Charjabug would paralyze me with Thunder Wave, but Leech Seed healed me above half. I then used Leech Seed on Charjabug, too, as Vikavolt used Charge. Charjabug got me to half with another Spark before double Leech Seed healed me to 4/5. I then used Charm on Charjabug, as Vikavolt proceeded to use Bug Bite for half and Charjabug used Spark for a weak hit, then double Leech Seed got me above half. Vikavolt used Bug Bite, and Charjabug used Spark, but I still lived, and I used Giga Drain, which allowed Leech Seed to finish off the totem. Lightmare took it from there.

So I got the Electrium Z and Steelium Z, and Molayne asked me to return the professor's mask to him at Malie Garden. As I headed there, we were met with some Team Skull grunts who introduced our boy Guzma.

I started with Lightmare against Golisopod, and he started with First Impression for over 3/4 my health, only for me to miss with Sleep Powder. Then he finished me with Razor Shell. I brought in Puffball and used Charm to counteract his Swords Dance. Then I used Leech Seed as he used Swords Dance again. As Leech Seed sapped at him, I went for Charm yet again. Then he used Swords Dance once more. Then Leech Seed sapped him. Same thing next turn. I used Charm again, but then he went for Razor Shell for less than 1/3 and a Defense drop. After Leech Seed got him just near half, Giga Drain got him below half, healed me to full, and triggered Emergency Exit out to Ariados. I had to use Stalagmite, so his Fell Stinger didn't do much. Neither did Shadow Sneak. Continental Crush did 2/3. Fell Stinger was muk, but Swarm buffed it a bit. Rock Tomb finished him.
              Then we had Golisopod again. He was faster and finished me with Razor Shell. I brought in Revolver and used Draining Kiss, which didn't finish him off, and Razor Shell did over half and a Defense drop, but it was all good because Draining Kiss finished him.

After his freak attack, he left, and I gave the professor his mask and got the Primarium Z. Then we met with Lillie and Acerola again! And with that, we were free to go to Route 11. I beat the few trainers there, and met with Hapu on Route 12, where she gave me Mudsdale for my Ride Pager. Then I met with Hau twice on the way to Tapu Village, where I caught myself a Vulpix. I ended up naming it McFlurry. So I proceeded to beat the trainers on Route 12, and some of them were easy enough, but others had annoying things. Then we went to Aether House and met with Acerola's fledglings. After we met with Acerola, and saved Lillie from a grating Team Skull grunt, we were able to head to Route 14. After dealing with a brutal Gyarados there, Acerola modified my Rotom Dex and we entered the trial site. McFlurry dealt with the three residual ghosts, then we found Mimikyu!

I led with Puffball to get off a Leech Seed, but it had the same clever idea, as it used Mimic to learn Leech Seed itself! Then it called upon its ally Haunter. I decided to throw it at Haunter as well, and Mimikyu used Play Rough for over 3/4, and Haunter used Lick for a laughably weak hit but it did paralyze me. At least double Leech Seed helped prop me up a bit. I did get in a Charm on Mimikyu before Play Rough left me with 1 HP and Haunter finished me with Lick. I brought in Stalagmite, and Mimikyu used Play Rough for 1/4 only for Haunter to hit with Hypnosis, but double Leech Seed healed me to full. After another turn of the foes being sapped away at, I got the Quick Claw and woke up, allowing me to get in a Rock Tomb and lower Mimikyu's Speed… But then Haunter used Night Shade, which was a little more sketchy. Then after another Play Rough that actually hit, and a weak Lick from Haunter, a critical hit got Mimikyu in finishing range from Leech Seed. Nice! I let all four of my other team members gain a little more free EXP against the Haunter as Leech Seed sapped away at it.

And with that, I got the Ghostium Z. Thank god for Leech Seed making that fight so much easier than it could have been! In there, I caught a Klefki that I haven't nicknamed because I don't think I'll be using it, and a Mimikyu that I named Undercover. Then I picked up some TMs for it before leaving this off.

Team:
              Spoiler:
              (M) "Symphonic", Level 33
              Stats: 91, 61, 58, 69, 61, 51
              Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Bubble Beam, Disarming Voice, Encore

(M) "Elfie", Level 34
              Stats: 92, 54, 57, 79, 54, 97
              Moves: Draining Kiss, Pollen Puff, Struggle Bug, Stun Spore

(M) "Puffball", Level 33
              Stats: 84, 59, 71, 62, 65, 77
              Moves: Charm, Cotton Spore, Giga Drain, Leech Seed

(F) "McFlurry", Level 33
              Stats: 73, 32, 41, 48, 58, 55
              Ability: Snow Cloak
              Moves: Aurora Beam, Extrasensory, Hex, Mist

(M) "Revolver", Level 33
              Stats: 111, 51, 55, 86, 92, 44
              Ability: Cute Charm
              Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Draining Kiss, Sand-Attack, Swift

(M) "Undercover", Level 29
              Stats: 75, 66, 56, 30, 68, 67
              Moves: Charm, Feint Attack, Mimic, Shadow Sneak
              Old 4 Days Ago (10:40 PM).
              Doom Slayer

Nature: Naughty
                First time poster here. Signing up for the ultimate challenge. Also, how do I post the sprites for the pokemon? haha.

Username: CreahtineGainez
                Type: Psychic
                Games: Yellow, Gold, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White, Black 2, Y, Moon.
                Mode: Ultimate

Already started my yellow run. Made it to Viridian Forest and going to keep using Pikachu until I get to Abra.

Team:
                -Wattson (Pikachu) Lvl. 10
                Old 2 Days Ago (7:29 AM).

I've decided to do montype Bug on my first UM completion, so here is a sign-up:

Forum User Name: Kostucha
                  Game(s): Ultra Moon
                  Pokémon Type: Bug
                  Old 1 Day Ago (8:05 AM).
                  Ah Yeah 아예

Nature: Relaxed
                    Forum User Name: Andrew
                    Game(s): FireRed, SoulSilver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, X, Moon
                    Pokémon Type: Dragon

Looking forward to getting started on this challenge!

Pikachu
                    Ultimate Solo Challenge Progress

Yellow: 8/8 (Complete!)
                    SoulSilver: 16/16 (Complete!)
                    A. Sapphire: 8/8 (Complete!)
                    Platinum: 8/8 (Complete!)
                    White: 8/8 (Complete!)
                    X: 8/8 (Complete!)
                    Sun: 7/7 (Complete!)

Latest Update
                    Old 15 Hours Ago (10:27 AM). Edited 14 Hours Ago by sooper-shoopy.

Nature: Quirky
                      Signin' up!

Forum User Name: sooper-shoopy
                      Game(s): Blue, Gold, Ruby, Platinum, Black, X, Ultra Moon
                      Pokémon Type: Normal
                      Old 14 Hours Ago (11:00 AM). Edited 14 Hours Ago by Volga.
                      The Dragon Knight

Nature: Naughty
                        I can't update the OP with USUM-specific rules right now, so I'm just posting them here so you guys know. These also apply to the Nuzlocke thread.

In spoilers just in case:
                        Spoiler:
                        As before, Z-Crystals are allowed, except for Kommo-oium Z. I'm not sure if it's even available Pre-E4, but if it is, it's too OP and banned. (massive damage AND +1 to all stats is what makes it OP, if it was one or the other, it'd be allowed)

Roto-Powers are allowed, because it's random on which ones you get, and even then, they're not OP.

That's all I can think of for now, if anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.
                        Old 12 Hours Ago (1:42 PM).

Here's my sign-up

Forum User Name: viper8890
                          Game(s): Black
                          Pokémon Type: Dark

Completed Challenges:
                          Trainer Personality Examination Challenge (Pokemon Moon)
                          Old 6 Hours Ago (7:44 PM). Edited 5 Hours Ago by sooper-shoopy.

Nature: Quirky
                            Shoopy's Normal Ultimate: Kanto

Started my challenge in Blue! I'll update this post as I progress. :)

Events

Spoiler:
                            • Chose Squirtle as my starter, and breezed through the beginning of the game, up until Mt. Moon.
                            • Caught Clefairy in Mt. Moon.
                            • Beat my rival in Cerulean, and saved Bill from himself.
                            • Caught Meowth on Route 5.
                            • Beat all the trainers on the S.S. Anne, as well as every trainer possible on the surrounding routes.
                            • Meowth evolved into Persian.
                            • Pretty much destroyed Misty and Lt. Surge with Persian and Clefairy.

Current Team

Spoiler:

Ariala; Lvl. 29
                            DoubleSlap
                            Mega Punch
                            Water Gun
                            Sing

Waggles; Lvl. 30
                            BubbleBeam
                            Thunderbolt
                            Bite
                            Pay Day