Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #17101    
Old April 2nd, 2009 (11:47 AM).
Shadow Chaos Shadow Chaos is offline
Has gone...
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Posts: 1,002
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
    Spoiler:
    Lol @ Proud of its power

    Shiny Bidoof is the endbringer. Strangely, I also broke my shiny Snorunt chain on a shiny Sneasel in a Free+1 patch. o_.


    Canon PowerShot A720 IS, 8.0MP, 6x optical zoom, full manual and auto.



    What? Big three? The true heroes of this club are ryan, Aaryn, and SkinnyGreenMan. If only we still had them around. u__u;


    Spoiler:
    Uhh, okay, looks like LDD's dramatic entry caused me to skim over your post. Welcome to the club!

    March Madness has ended and I have no shiny Rotom yet, but I will keep trying. Or go chain something. :P I still have that list of secret Radar targets I need to plug through when I'm bored.

    I also was able to successfully tweak to enter the infamous black void, so I might go SR a Shaymin. (Glitches are counted here, provided they don't involve any external devices or enhance your odds substantially. The latter may class them as Cert Shinies.) Despite this, I might just wait for the Platinum wi-fi events anyway, since they're probably close, to stay in the clear for environments where glitches are banned.
    Co-owners, I meant the "Big Three" co-owners. XP

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'd get one from the white rock in Mossdeep, but my rocket launch count has already passed 100. :( GJ with the Heavy Ball. Doesn't it take two weeks to grow a Black Apricorn?

    In other news, it's come to my attention that Platinum's RNG is abusable in similar ways to Emerald's. (It doesn't prevent the legitimate capture of shinies, nor does it occasionally dish out lucky savefiles, but nonetheless, is still predictable.) Therefore, any shinies from Platinum found by exploiting the RNG will be considered cert shinies, so only one (period. across all species and savefiles) may be counted for credit. If exploiting the RNG involves using external devices to find your secret ID, shinies found in this way may not be counted at all.


    Use of Masuda's Rule for breeding, on the other hand, is completely acceptable and encouraged. It seems that amidst this research, they've confirmed (finally) the existence of a shiny odds boost when breeding Pokémon from foreign games. The odds of hatching a shiny in this case are approx. 1 in 2048. (Be careful when choosing your parents though! Just trading an egg to a foreign game and hatching it there doesn't change its region for these purposes, despite having a foreign nickname and OT. The parent Pokémon must bred/caught on the foreign game.) It hasn't been mentioned whether or not this works on D/P or just Platinum, but I'd expect it works the same way on D/P since Jun'ichi Masuda posted the blog long before Platinum's release.

    Hello shiny Skorupi. (still breeding Chikorita in Emerald just for the principle of the matter, and for GenIII access)
    So it's true!? I has hope yet. :D


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hiei-chan View Post
    hello there =]

    i would like to join this club due to my recent obsession for shinys so if it is okay with u guys i would love to join =]
    Welcome, hiei-chan, have a blast here. =D

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
    Holy CRAP.....


    2,601 Magikarp.

    2,601st.................. Shiny.

    I kid you not....

    I just put in my Japanese one and my own Magikarp, but saved before taking that last egg of my originals.


    And that one was shiny.

    HARD WORK PAYS OFF: BB&T TAKE IT TO THE BANK AND CASH IT SHINY MAGIKARP WAS HATCHED!!!!
    *faints* Congratulations on the Magikarp, DDD. Your hatching of it and MetalMario's confirmation has raised my hopes up even higher. :D I'm a happy Hunter. ^_^

    Well, I'm at 1412 Eggs so far, and with these recent developments, I'm even more closer to my prize *muahaha*!! Good luck to all.
    __________________
    Later...
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #17102    
    Old April 2nd, 2009 (5:02 PM).
    Deidara's Avatar
    Deidara Deidara is offline
    "Art Is A Bang"
       
      Join Date: Mar 2009
      Posts: 5
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
      I'd get one from the white rock in Mossdeep, but my rocket launch count has already passed 100. GJ with the Heavy Ball. Doesn't it take two weeks to grow a Black Apricorn?

      In other news, it's come to my attention that Platinum's RNG is abusable in similar ways to Emerald's. (It doesn't prevent the legitimate capture of shinies, nor does it occasionally dish out lucky savefiles, but nonetheless, is still predictable.) Therefore, any shinies from Platinum found by exploiting the RNG will be considered cert shinies, so only one (period. across all species and savefiles) may be counted for credit. If exploiting the RNG involves using external devices to find your secret ID, shinies found in this way may not be counted at all.

      Use of Masuda's Rule for breeding, on the other hand, is completely acceptable and encouraged. It seems that amidst this research, they've confirmed (finally) the existence of a shiny odds boost when breeding Pokémon from foreign games. The odds of hatching a shiny in this case are approx. 1 in 2048. (Be careful when choosing your parents though! Just trading an egg to a foreign game and hatching it there doesn't change its region for these purposes, despite having a foreign nickname and OT. The parent Pokémon must bred/caught on the foreign game.) It hasn't been mentioned whether or not this works on D/P or just Platinum, but I'd expect it works the same way on D/P since Jun'ichi Masuda posted the blog long before Platinum's release.

      Hello shiny Skorupi. (still breeding Chikorita in Emerald just for the principle of the matter, and for GenIII access)
      thanks for admitting me MM =]

      also i dont understand this foriegn game thing, what exactly must you do?
      Reply With Quote
        #17103    
      Old April 2nd, 2009 (5:42 PM).
      hiei-chan's Avatar
      hiei-chan hiei-chan is offline
      VS. The World
         
        Join Date: Mar 2009
        Location: pallet town
        Age: 27
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 67
        well i gave up on ralts for right now but i will try again some other day when i have more patient

        in other news today i chained a sneasal up to 39 and accidently run away from the 40

        but on my second try a shiny patch appeared after 9 sneasal but unfortantly ma chain broke when i caught the sneasal...i have no idea why but at least i have ma shiny sneasal
        __________________
        My Trade Thread
        Hiei-Chan's Eternal Sunshine Of The PokeMind



        Pokemon X FC:
        FC: 3454-4704-6604
        Name: Omar
        Reply With Quote
          #17104    
        Old April 3rd, 2009 (7:13 AM).
        st.jimmy's Avatar
        st.jimmy st.jimmy is offline
        ZOMG!
           
          Join Date: Dec 2007
          Age: 23
          Gender:
          Posts: 603
          i got a shiny phione!
          i have a manaphy, breeded it and got a shiny my 3rd try
          __________________


          Proud to be paired with The Dark Knight
          Reply With Quote
            #17105    
          Old April 3rd, 2009 (11:10 AM). Edited April 3rd, 2009 by Stronkadonk.
          Stronkadonk's Avatar
          Stronkadonk Stronkadonk is offline
          :^)
             
            Join Date: Jun 2008
            Location: Michigan
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 2,002
            Congrats again on Shiny Magikarp, DDD.

            azuman... Are you even a member of this club? If not, please don't post, unless you want to join...
            I see you joined a while back... Be active in the club more often D:<

            I'm gonna SR for Articuno now. Lots. :P
            I'm even contemplating over the idea of stealing my FireRed back from my brother to dual Soft Rest. Who agrees?


            That's it for now, but good luck to all.
            __________________
            young money cash money
            Reply With Quote
              #17106    
            Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:57 PM).
            Cirucci Thunderwitch's Avatar
            Cirucci Thunderwitch Cirucci Thunderwitch is offline
               
              Join Date: Apr 2009
              Gender:
              Posts: 1
              Hello guys. May I join? Im an shiny hunter. I don't obtain any from GTS, I can't really trust to many people when it comes to shiny pokemon. Once they were so rare. Now they are something you see all the time and it completely ruins the true meaning of having one.
              Reply With Quote
                #17107    
              Old April 4th, 2009 (11:56 AM).
              Razer302 Razer302 is offline
              Three Days Grace - Break
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2006
                Location: England
                Age: 27
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 3,355
                My normal computer is broken so I won't be around much till it is fixed. I didn't get anything in March at all. Was an empty month. I am still SRing for Chimchar, Spiritomb, Palkia and Torchic so I hope one of them comes up soon.

                Will read through all the posts I have missed once I get my computer back. Should be in about 2 weeks.
                Reply With Quote
                  #17108    
                Old April 4th, 2009 (4:53 PM). Edited April 4th, 2009 by Stronkadonk.
                Stronkadonk's Avatar
                Stronkadonk Stronkadonk is offline
                :^)
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2008
                  Location: Michigan
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 2,002


                  Can you please tell me what "epic win" is?
                  My LeafGreen.
                  3,200 Soft Resets.
                  Smexy birdie.

                  Sparkle Ring.
                  A Wild [Shiny] Articuno Appeared!

                  I'll edit with the video link when it uploads.

                  EDIT: Wabam.
                  __________________
                  young money cash money
                  Reply With Quote
                    #17109    
                  Old April 5th, 2009 (6:45 AM).
                  super onii chan's Avatar
                  super onii chan super onii chan is offline
                  I think I'm here to stay
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2007
                    Location: Cheesecake Factory =)
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 363
                    damn it my chain broke again... AGAIN. >> This is getting old. I got a freaking chain of 40 and no shiny D
                    __________________
                    Soul Silver FC- One sec...
                    Reply With Quote
                      #17110    
                    Old April 5th, 2009 (6:53 AM).
                    Chr. Draco's Avatar
                    Chr. Draco Chr. Draco is offline
                    Doctrina's Shiny Hunter
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2008
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 804
                      Hi everyone, how are you doing?
                      Well I have a good and strange news, the goods are that I found yesterday a shiny azelf, the stranges are that my shiny azelf is bashful natured like every pokemon I've SRed. The IV's are similar to the shinies with the personality "highly persistent" but not equal, and the others have "loves to eat" personality and have moderate and better IV's. What I suspect is that if a pokemon is shiny or not when you SR depends on the pokemon in your party, but there's also the factor that my diamond game probably has the RNG broken, but it only has happened in my game, has this happened in your games? because I find this really strange.

                      By the way, congratulations to: MetalMario(I know you really wanted that shiny Dialga and you deserve it), Infinite Heartles Core (Tangela looks great, and also shiny articuno), Dark steelix lv x ( it's a good machop, you'll get your numel soon), Lord Danswish ( good bidoof ), Storm Dragoon ( cool ponyta, and interesting spiritomb ), DDD'SSCEPTILE (that magikarp was a hard one), and comgratulations to any others shiny.

                      I think that's all for now. see you later guys.

                      PD: I'll upload azelf's picture soon.
                      __________________
                      Shiny Hunter
                      Reply With Quote
                        #17111    
                      Old April 5th, 2009 (12:35 PM).
                      Dark Steelix Lv X's Avatar
                      Dark Steelix Lv X Dark Steelix Lv X is offline
                      Final Atomic Buster
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2007
                        Location: Canada's Steel City, Hamilton
                        Age: 31
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Lax
                        Posts: 162
                        Wow congrats DDD on the Magikarp, irony to the greatest degree. And Infinite on the Articuno (rare indeed since there's no way to abuse any rng to get this shiny!)

                        I'm having horrible unholy luck. Firstly the other day my Original DS falls and lands upsidedown. Sure enough the top screen is cracked badly, leaking black goop inside. Still works but the parts with the goo are ugly as sin and cover up the game (only the top left at least). Secondly yesterday my Street Fighter IV disc has a huge ring scratch caused by the 360 no less, and now stops working when certain characters are in play (eg. Akuma) Need to go waste money on renting a working copy from blockbuster to install it in the hardrive then I can use my scratched disc to run it. Damnit everything I have is getting damaged, where the hell is my shiny to make me feel better?
                        __________________
                        ~Total: 64 Latest: ~GRIMER~

                        + Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
                        Credit to Yami Zidane


                        TARGETS:
                        Reply With Quote
                          #17112    
                        Old April 5th, 2009 (12:46 PM).
                        Stronkadonk's Avatar
                        Stronkadonk Stronkadonk is offline
                        :^)
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2008
                          Location: Michigan
                          Age: 23
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 2,002
                          I will NEVER abuse ANY RNG, EVER. Unless of course, I get a good Emerald file and can reset for the Regis and stuff. But that's without even seeing my SID. I'm hoping that Platinum isn't able to be abused for Soft Resetting... Hopefully it stays Egg-Strict.

                          So yeah, I'm raising up a NEW Sleep-Inducing Pokémon, because Parasect's Ability could possibly destroy a shiny Zapdos. Plus, it's weak to Moltres. So Hypno is a better Wall/Sleeper. (Sleeper! I made a funny!)

                          So that's it for now, and good luck to all.
                          __________________
                          young money cash money
                          Reply With Quote
                            #17113    
                          Old April 5th, 2009 (1:41 PM). Edited April 5th, 2009 by Chr. Draco.
                          Chr. Draco's Avatar
                          Chr. Draco Chr. Draco is offline
                          Doctrina's Shiny Hunter
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2008
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 804
                            Be positive Dark steelix, it was just accidents, the probabilities that they will happen again are minimal, Is it possible to fix the screen?, and don't worry, your shiny will appear soon.

                            Good luck with zapdos and moltres Infinite Heartless Core, hope your strategy works.

                            By the way, reading past posts I notice that I wasn't officially admitted as a member in the club, they only told me that I could be around until a
                            co-owner officially admits me, please let me know if I'm wrong or if I missed something, because I'm confused.

                            Good luck everyone in your huntings.
                            __________________
                            Shiny Hunter
                            Reply With Quote
                              #17114    
                            Old April 5th, 2009 (2:22 PM).
                            Techeon's Avatar
                            Techeon Techeon is offline
                            I Do Not Exist
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2009
                              Location: In UR Pants
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 32
                              Can I join? :D

                              I've got a shiny Bidoof, Eevee, and Absol so far. I've been having amazing luck with eggs in Platinum.
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #17115    
                              Old April 5th, 2009 (2:32 PM).
                              Stronkadonk's Avatar
                              Stronkadonk Stronkadonk is offline
                              :^)
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2008
                                Location: Michigan
                                Age: 23
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Lonely
                                Posts: 2,002
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Techeon View Post
                                Can I join? :D

                                I've got a shiny Bidoof, Eevee, and Absol so far. I've been having amazing luck with eggs in Platinum.
                                You must be using either the 1/1 RNG Glitch, or the 1/2,040 Foreign Parent addition.

                                I guess I'll be the first to welcome you, but you'll have to wait until a co-owner accepts you.



                                I really need to get a TinyMushroom/BigMushroom from a Paras/Parasect. This is gonna be tough.

                                Good luck, all.
                                __________________
                                young money cash money
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #17116    
                                Old April 5th, 2009 (2:52 PM).
                                Techeon's Avatar
                                Techeon Techeon is offline
                                I Do Not Exist
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2009
                                  Location: In UR Pants
                                  Nature: Quirky
                                  Posts: 32
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Infinite Heartless Core View Post
                                  You must be using either the 1/1 RNG Glitch, or the 1/2,040 Foreign Parent addition.

                                  I guess I'll be the first to welcome you, but you'll have to wait until a co-owner accepts you.



                                  I really need to get a TinyMushroom/BigMushroom from a Paras/Parasect. This is gonna be tough.

                                  Good luck, all.
                                  No idea what the RNG glitch is, I'll have to look that up now.

                                  The Bidoof was actually a fluke, I caught the thing in the wild walking to a Pokemon center after finishing with the Elite Four. My first non-hunted/hatched shiny since Crystal.

                                  The other two I was doing the thing about foreign parents. I got a Japanese Absol and Umbreon. Only took about fifty eggs each though, hence my comment about having amazing luck so far.

                                  Of course now I probably won't get another one for months. Heheh...

                                  Thanks for the welcome, albeit unofficial, and good luck with the mushrooms, that can get frustrating.
                                  __________________
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #17117    
                                  Old April 5th, 2009 (7:20 PM). Edited April 5th, 2009 by MetalMario.
                                  MetalMario's Avatar
                                  MetalMario MetalMario is offline
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2005
                                  Location: In a tiberium patch chaining for a shiny visceroid
                                  Age: 31
                                  Nature: Timid
                                  Posts: 1,867
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
                                  Be positive Dark steelix, it was just accidents, the probabilities that they will happen again are minimal, Is it possible to fix the screen?, and don't worry, your shiny will appear soon.

                                  Good luck with zapdos and moltres Infinite Heartless Core, hope your strategy works.

                                  By the way, reading past posts I notice that I wasn't officially admitted as a member in the club, they only told me that I could be around until a
                                  co-owner officially admits me, please let me know if I'm wrong or if I missed something, because I'm confused.

                                  Good luck everyone in your huntings.
                                  Odd. I could've sword I'd admitted you. .__.

                                  Welcome to the, uh, club?

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Techeon View Post
                                  Can I join? :D

                                  I've got a shiny Bidoof, Eevee, and Absol so far. I've been having amazing luck with eggs in Platinum.
                                  Good work with the "egg chaining" xP And welcome to the club.

                                  I wish my Skuorupi would shine. Though I've been at it for a while, my "count" is still technically zero because I'm only counting ones with a Jolly nature and multiplying by 25. I'm pretty sure I've done at least 30.

                                  Pseudo-edit while typing: Shiny Rotom has appeared!! ^o^ Now filming & attempting to capture.

                                  Edit: Caught. In another Dusk Ball. o__o (I tried using Luxurys, but then realized that Obama's snow *wasn't* going away as I had anticipated, so I threw a Dusk Ball and he was caught.)
                                  Synchronize failed me (makes me feel a longing for my lost Timid Rotom), but I got a nature which is still usable--Quiet.
                                  __________________
                                  Don't want to see another generation drop


                                  I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

                                  osu!
                                  stream
                                  github
                                  latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #17118    
                                  Old April 5th, 2009 (10:22 PM).
                                  hiei-chan's Avatar
                                  hiei-chan hiei-chan is offline
                                  VS. The World
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                                    Location: pallet town
                                    Age: 27
                                    Nature: Calm
                                    Posts: 67
                                    wat is that rng glitch u guys are always talking about?
                                    __________________
                                    My Trade Thread
                                    Hiei-Chan's Eternal Sunshine Of The PokeMind



                                    Pokemon X FC:
                                    FC: 3454-4704-6604
                                    Name: Omar
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #17119    
                                    Old April 6th, 2009 (12:44 PM).
                                    DDD'SSCEPTILE's Avatar
                                    DDD'SSCEPTILE DDD'SSCEPTILE is offline
                                    GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2006
                                      Location: North Carolina
                                      Age: 27
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Modest
                                      Posts: 626
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Infinite Heartless Core View Post
                                      I will NEVER abuse ANY RNG, EVER. Unless of course, I get a good Emerald file and can reset for the Regis and stuff. But that's without even seeing my SID. I'm hoping that Platinum isn't able to be abused for Soft Resetting... Hopefully it stays Egg-Strict.

                                      So yeah, I'm raising up a NEW Sleep-Inducing Pokémon, because Parasect's Ability could possibly destroy a shiny Zapdos. Plus, it's weak to Moltres. So Hypno is a better Wall/Sleeper. (Sleeper! I made a funny!)

                                      So that's it for now, and good luck to all.
                                      My respect for you is slowly inching back. Congrats on the Articuno and not straying to The Dark Side AKA RNG exploiters. xD

                                      Hypno is a great choice

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Techeon View Post
                                      The other two I was doing the thing about foreign parents. I got a Japanese Absol and Umbreon. Only took about fifty eggs each though, hence my comment about having amazing luck so far.
                                      Unlike my "egg chain" video where like 200 people tested it and the only soul who got a shiny was Mateus, ever since I posted the Foreign Egg Hatch / Junichi Masuda method video, someone has gotten a shiny Growlithe from a Japanese Arcanine, and now this guy says he has used it. clap clap clap lol!

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
                                      Odd. I could've sword I'd admitted you. .__.

                                      Welcome to the, uh, club?


                                      Good work with the "egg chaining" xP And welcome to the club.

                                      I wish my Skuorupi would shine. Though I've been at it for a while, my "count" is still technically zero because I'm only counting ones with a Jolly nature and multiplying by 25. I'm pretty sure I've done at least 30.

                                      Pseudo-edit while typing: Shiny Rotom has appeared!! ^o^ Now filming & attempting to capture.

                                      Edit: Caught. In another Dusk Ball. o__o (I tried using Luxurys, but then realized that Obama's snow *wasn't* going away as I had anticipated, so I threw a Dusk Ball and he was caught.)
                                      Synchronize failed me (makes me feel a longing for my lost Timid Rotom), but I got a nature which is still usable--Quiet.
                                      Congratulatios MM!! So this makes all of the SR targets re-obtained..?


                                      My next target is neither Charmander or Latias, nor will it be chained.

                                      It will be hatched, again, and hopefully twice.

                                      I'm going to go with Eevee so I won't have to rely on nature since it can do a lot of things. I must try and accomplish this Masuda method for the sake of authority. Just hatching one shiny Eevee won't be enough. In order to prove to the people I will have to hatch 2 in order to convince and prove the increased odds.

                                      So I'll be using a Smeargle as the father with my Japanese female Eevee. I'll be doing it on Pearl, since even though everything is on Platinum now, I still use Diamond quite a lot and want to keep it free for chaining.

                                      That's another thing I want to look into after this, the Trainer ID Card Score. When I was training my Gyarados, I was being extremely destructive (no pun intended) on Route 208 chaining Machop to get attack EVs. I got to 20 within 4 max repels and I was taking extremely risky patches, I.E. 1 rare and 1 common.

                                      I think I might've been just lucky and Machop might've been just a little too common, but I'll get to that later.


                                      Thanks everyone on the congratulations, I can't believe I have my shiny Magikarp/Gyarados now, and it's even more unbelievable that I have hatched 3 shinies with the original odds.


                                      Something I'd like to know is .. has the Masuda method been in the games since RSE...?

                                      And did we not know of it since it was much harder to get Pokemon from foreign games..?

                                      I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

                                      Good luck everyone
                                      __________________
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #17120    
                                      Old April 6th, 2009 (9:57 PM).
                                      Shadow Chaos Shadow Chaos is offline
                                      Has gone...
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2005
                                        Posts: 1,002
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Infinite Heartless Core View Post


                                        Can you please tell me what "epic win" is?
                                        Spoiler:
                                        My LeafGreen.
                                        3,200 Soft Resets.
                                        Smexy birdie.

                                        Sparkle Ring.
                                        A Wild [Shiny] Articuno Appeared!

                                        I'll edit with the video link when it uploads.

                                        EDIT: Wabam.
                                        Epic win is what you just accomplished. Congratulations. :D

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Hi everyone, how are you doing?
                                        Well I have a good and strange news, the goods are that I found yesterday a shiny azelf, the stranges are that my shiny azelf is bashful natured like every pokemon I've SRed. The IV's are similar to the shinies with the personality "highly persistent" but not equal, and the others have "loves to eat" personality and have moderate and better IV's. What I suspect is that if a pokemon is shiny or not when you SR depends on the pokemon in your party, but there's also the factor that my diamond game probably has the RNG broken, but it only has happened in my game, has this happened in your games? because I find this really strange.

                                        By the way, congratulations to: MetalMario(I know you really wanted that shiny Dialga and you deserve it), Infinite Heartles Core (Tangela looks great, and also shiny articuno), Dark steelix lv x ( it's a good machop, you'll get your numel soon), Lord Danswish ( good bidoof ), Storm Dragoon ( cool ponyta, and interesting spiritomb ), DDD'SSCEPTILE (that magikarp was a hard one), and comgratulations to any others shiny.

                                        I think that's all for now. see you later guys.

                                        PD: I'll upload azelf's picture soon.
                                        Congratulations on the Azelf.

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Techeon View Post
                                        Can I join? :D

                                        I've got a shiny Bidoof, Eevee, and Absol so far. I've been having amazing luck with eggs in Platinum.
                                        Welcome to the club, Techeon.

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Odd. I could've sword I'd admitted you. .__.

                                        Welcome to the, uh, club? :P


                                        Good work with the "egg chaining" xP And welcome to the club.

                                        I wish my Skuorupi would shine. Though I've been at it for a while, my "count" is still technically zero because I'm only counting ones with a Jolly nature and multiplying by 25. I'm pretty sure I've done at least 30.

                                        Pseudo-edit while typing: Shiny Rotom has appeared!! ^o^ Now filming & attempting to capture.

                                        Edit: Caught. In another Dusk Ball. o__o (I tried using Luxurys, but then realized that Obama's snow *wasn't* going away as I had anticipated, so I threw a Dusk Ball and he was caught.)
                                        Synchronize failed me (makes me feel a longing for my lost Timid Rotom), but I got a nature which is still usable--Quiet.
                                        Congratulations on the Rotom. :D

                                        I just have one question, does it have to be One (1) Foreign and One (1) of your own, or does it have to be One (1) Foreign and One (1) Foreign? Just trying to verify, cause I'm using One (1) Foreign and One (1) of my own...

                                        Well, good luck to all.
                                        __________________
                                        Later...
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #17121    
                                        Old April 7th, 2009 (2:38 AM).
                                        Hikari Ven Hikari Ven is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Oct 2008
                                          Nature: Timid
                                          Posts: 150
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Shadow Chaos View Post
                                          I just have one question, does it have to be One (1) Foreign and One (1) of your own, or does it have to be One (1) Foreign and One (1) Foreign? Just trying to verify, cause I'm using One (1) Foreign and One (1) of my own...

                                          Well, good luck to all.
                                          You need to have one foreign parent(a Japanese Pokemon for example) and an English parent for this to work(from what I've been reading).

                                          Well a few days ago, I decided to hatch for a shiny Tangela, as my encounters in FireRed/LeafGreen weren't really going anywhere. Surprisingly, after only 2 eggs, a shiny female Tangela popped out(I was using a Japanese Tangela, from my Japanese Platinum, with my own English Ditto). I was in total shock at this point, I didn't managed to get a video of it, as I was that excited.

                                          Picture:



                                          She has a Serious nature, not the best but I'm totally happy that a shiny Tangela appeared, as I've been hunting for one for what seems like forever with no results.

                                          Shiny Tangela, Serious nature

                                          My time spent here will be very limited for a few weeks. My grandmother needs to have open heart surgery, so I won't be posting all that much until she has the surgery.

                                          I will still be reading the posts here, but I won't be writing any of my own. So congrats to any new shinies you get, and I'll catch you later.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #17122    
                                          Old April 7th, 2009 (7:07 AM).
                                          Shadow Chaos Shadow Chaos is offline
                                          Has gone...
                                             
                                            Join Date: May 2005
                                            Posts: 1,002
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Storm_Dragoon View Post
                                            You need to have one foreign parent(a Japanese Pokemon for example) and an English parent for this to work(from what I've been reading).

                                            Well a few days ago, I decided to hatch for a shiny Tangela, as my encounters in FireRed/LeafGreen weren't really going anywhere. Surprisingly, after only 2 eggs, a shiny female Tangela popped out(I was using a Japanese Tangela, from my Japanese Platinum, with my own English Ditto). I was in total shock at this point, I didn't managed to get a video of it, as I was that excited.

                                            Spoiler:
                                            Picture:



                                            She has a Serious nature, not the best but I'm totally happy that a shiny Tangela appeared, as I've been hunting for one for what seems like forever with no results.

                                            Shiny Tangela, Serious nature


                                            My time spent here will be very limited for a few weeks. My grandmother needs to have open heart surgery, so I won't be posting all that much until she has the surgery.

                                            I will still be reading the posts here, but I won't be writing any of my own. So congrats to any new shinies you get, and I'll catch you later.
                                            Ah, I see, I was thinking the same, but wanted to make sure, thanks. \o/

                                            Also, congratulations on the Tangela. :D

                                            And I hope your grandmother comes out okay, and see you later. ^_^

                                            Well, I'm at 1538 Eggs, but I've switched to the Foreign Breeding Method, so lets see. Good luck to all.
                                            __________________
                                            Later...
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #17123    
                                            Old April 7th, 2009 (11:27 PM).
                                            DDD'SSCEPTILE's Avatar
                                            DDD'SSCEPTILE DDD'SSCEPTILE is offline
                                            GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jun 2006
                                              Location: North Carolina
                                              Age: 27
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Modest
                                              Posts: 626
                                              Congratulations Storm Dragoon and I hope your Grandmother does well.


                                              Uh... it's a little late, but what can I say?

                                              Shiny Eevee Hatched!!!

                                              I put the female Japanese Eevee in with my English Smeargle and hatched my *** off. I stayed up til like 4 AM hatching and then started again in the morning.

                                              On the 171st egg my Hasty shiny Eevee popped out.

                                              Heh. Heh heh. WHAHAHAHAAAA!!! This is great!

                                              Might it still be a little too easy...? Nah, I busted my brains out over this, again.

                                              But man, who's next? ;


                                              Good luck on your Charmander Shadow_Chaos!

                                              I want a Japanese Diamond... ;.;

                                              .. But then again... I already have most of the Pokemon I want from the GTS now...

                                              Hmm....

                                              I wonder how MM and his Skorupi are doing..
                                              __________________
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #17124    
                                              Old April 8th, 2009 (9:03 AM).
                                              Shadow Chaos Shadow Chaos is offline
                                              Has gone...
                                                 
                                                Join Date: May 2005
                                                Posts: 1,002
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
                                                [...]Uh... it's a little late, but what can I say?

                                                Shiny Eevee Hatched!!!

                                                I put the female Japanese Eevee in with my English Smeargle and hatched my *** off. I stayed up til like 4 AM hatching and then started again in the morning.

                                                On the 171st egg my Hasty shiny Eevee popped out.

                                                [...]

                                                Good luck on your Charmander Shadow_Chaos!

                                                [...]
                                                Congratulations on the Eevee. :D

                                                And thanks. ^^

                                                I'm now by 1713 Eggs, hoping to at least reach between 1800 & 2000 by the end of today.
                                                __________________
                                                Later...
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #17125    
                                                Old April 8th, 2009 (4:53 PM).
                                                Chr. Draco's Avatar
                                                Chr. Draco Chr. Draco is offline
                                                Doctrina's Shiny Hunter
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Quiet
                                                  Posts: 804
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
                                                  Odd. I could've sword I'd admitted you. .__.

                                                  Welcome to the, uh, club?


                                                  Good work with the "egg chaining" xP And welcome to the club.

                                                  I wish my Skuorupi would shine. Though I've been at it for a while, my "count" is still technically zero because I'm only counting ones with a Jolly nature and multiplying by 25. I'm pretty sure I've done at least 30.

                                                  Pseudo-edit while typing: Shiny Rotom has appeared!! ^o^ Now filming & attempting to capture.

                                                  Edit: Caught. In another Dusk Ball. o__o (I tried using Luxurys, but then realized that Obama's snow *wasn't* going away as I had anticipated, so I threw a Dusk Ball and he was caught.)
                                                  Synchronize failed me (makes me feel a longing for my lost Timid Rotom), but I got a nature which is still usable--Quiet.
                                                  Thanks, and congratulations on Rotom, with it have you re-caught all of your previous shinies? Good luck with Skorupi.

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE
                                                  Congratulations Storm Dragoon and I hope your Grandmother does well.


                                                  Uh... it's a little late, but what can I say?

                                                  Shiny Eevee Hatched!!!

                                                  I put the female Japanese Eevee in with my English Smeargle and hatched my *** off. I stayed up til like 4 AM hatching and then started again in the morning.

                                                  On the 171st egg my Hasty shiny Eevee popped out.

                                                  Heh. Heh heh. WHAHAHAHAAAA!!! This is great!

                                                  Might it still be a little too easy...? Nah, I busted my brains out over this, again.

                                                  But man, who's next? ;
                                                  Congratulations on the eevee.

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Storm_Dragoon
                                                  Picture:



                                                  She has a Serious nature, not the best but I'm totally happy that a shiny Tangela appeared, as I've been hunting for one for what seems like forever with no results.

                                                  Shiny Tangela, Serious nature
                                                  Congratulations on tangela.
                                                  I hope everything goes out well in the surgery and your Grandmother is ok.

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Shadow Chaos
                                                  I'm now by 1713 Eggs, hoping to at least reach between 1800 & 2000 by the end of today.
                                                  It'll shine soon, good luck.

                                                  For now I'm a little busy with homework, but thanks God everything is ok. Haven't had much time to SR my last target before getting the national dex. Once completed I'm going to pal park all my shinies. By the way, I'm going to SR a starter in platinum, forgot to tell about my new game, I was able to make the reservation.

                                                  See you later and good luck everyone in your huntings.
                                                  __________________
                                                  Shiny Hunter
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply

                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Join the conversation!

                                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:37 PM.