• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Holy cow, completing a shiny living Dex is probably like the ultimate accomplishment for any Pokémon player, haha. I'll be blown out the window (read: impressed) if you manage to reach your goal! Good luck! :D

Haha, me too! I'm only at 29 so far!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

Whoa, it's pretty hard to believe that the Pokémon franchise has been staying strong for (approximately) 20 years! How much longer do you guys think the franchise will survive? :o

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Probably as long as Nintendo can make new consoles and even then itll probably outlast that

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017

I think they can, essentially, print money with the Pokemon franchise. We all joke about it, but it's true. As long as they stay the course they're on now, and don't make drastic changes to the series, I think they can potentially make Pokemon times for decades to come. That said, there will be a time where the dev team undergoes some serious changes, and it will be then where the big changes happen. How the series weathers those changes will reflect on how will it will persist in to the very future.

Meadow

Years

I think they can potentially make Pokemon times for decades to come.

I specifically singled this line out because it could make an interesting topic for everyone! :D

So if they DO continue making Pokémon games for the next several decades, do you guys think they will design a ton of new species for every single generation? Or do you think they will eventually stop making new species at a certain point, and still make games from what they have?

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
39 I think there'll be a trend starting with Gen 6 of not designing 100+ species per new generation. Gen 6 only had ~70, and I think this is something we're going to see going forward. That said, I'd like to see them hit 1000, at least, and never stop adding more.

Meadow

Years

I think there'll be a trend starting with Gen 6 of not designing 100+ species per new generation. Gen 6 only had ~70, and I think this is something we're going to see going forward. That said, I'd like to see them hit 1000, at least, and never stop adding more.

Interesting! I know you said "never," but that still leads me to another question...

What's the ideal maximum number of Pokémon that you guys would like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back