The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Pokémon Gaming Central
Club ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old September 29th, 2011 (5:36 PM).
Frolic and fun~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
Wow its been a long time cince I was here. Well anyway I actually have a new shiny to post about. So, Saturday I was getting ready to level up my Gigalith to battle Elesa in Pokemon White. I bought a bunch of repels to KO Audino with. So I went to the route west of Nimbasa, sprayed a repel and eventually a shaking grass appeared. When I went into it an Audino appeared and it was shiny.I want expecting it. I threw a Quick Ball and caught it So I now have a random encountered shiny Audino in Pokemon White.
Nice job on that shiny~

Though something I wanted to point out (And I am not trying to offend just pointing it out) is that it's funny people will say "I wasn't expecting this" when they run into a shiny when it wasn't their intention. Not saying I'm not guilty of it. But it is funny. XD I mean how many of you will be training a pokemon, be all "the next thing I find is this, and it will be shiny!" and have it be that way without cheating? It's amusing when ya think about it.

And as for me, I am, as you know, taking a bit of a break while I raid the new DW area. So good luck to the rest of ya on your hunts. <3

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 29th, 2011 (9:17 PM).
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
    Congrats on the shiny Dwebble, Troggy!

Congrats on the shiny Audino, Shiny Celebi! I also caught a shiny Audino with a Quick Ball on White back in June.

I've been busy hatching Beldum with a non-Japanese Ditto trying to find one with an Adamant nature which I would then breed with my Japanese Ditto. I'm not having any luck. It doesn't help that Beldum hatches at 10,240 steps, not including Flame Body, which I am using. Most Pokémon have a hatch rate of 5,120 steps. I hatched a couple with a Jolly nature, so I wonder if I should just go with one of them.
    Old September 30th, 2011 (7:39 AM).
    Fumes Of Fury

Nature: Lax
    Heya, I would like to join!

I obtained my first own shiny today on my HG, and it was a Shiny Magikarp! It was RE, I wasn't even thinking about it, I was about to go out of Dragon's Den. Now it's on my White, EV Training it, :3
    Old October 1st, 2011 (9:35 AM).
    it me

Quote:
      Originally Posted by atif View Post
      Heya, I would like to join!

I obtained my first own shiny today on my HG, and it was a Shiny Magikarp! It was RE, I wasn't even thinking about it, I was about to go out of Dragon's Den. Now it's on my White, EV Training it, :3
      Wow, congrats! Magikarp is awesome :3

Of my own hunts, I literally JUST hit 600 eggs on Riolu. ): I wish it would shine, I want to get on with Ho-oh. I started a Snivy Masuda hunt so I'm dual hunting Riolu and Snivy, just because I was bored of all the blue Riolus I was seeing. After I finished Riolu I'm going to do a LOT of Ho-oh SRs though, and complete Snivy sometime after.

i spent too many late nights
      just thinking a hole in the earth
      credits

Old October 1st, 2011 (10:07 AM).
      Fear My Glitter!

Nature: Gentle
        TheShinyEevee I know how you feel the next non shiny candle I hatch is getting a really nasty nickname. 1107 eggs on litwick so far.

Angel Island
        Pair: assassinjay1229
        Old October 1st, 2011 (10:48 AM).
        Woah

Nature: Relaxed
          yester day i got a shiny weavile from GTS!
          Old October 1st, 2011 (11:35 AM).
          Fumes Of Fury

TheShinyEevee, thanks. :3 I hope that your gold Riolu will come, :)
          And congrats on that Weavile, zombie101!
          Old October 2nd, 2011 (7:17 AM).
          The master of... TEH FLOON

Nature: Jolly
            I have decided what I am hunting! A Shiny Zorua! I've currently gone through 3 eggs with my Japanese Emolga.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
            Wow its been a long time cince I was here. Well anyway I actually have a new shiny to post about. So, Saturday I was getting ready to level up my Gigalith to battle Elesa in Pokemon White. I bought a bunch of repels to KO Audino with. So I went to the route west of Nimbasa, sprayed a repel and eventually a shaking grass appeared. When I went into it an Audino appeared and it was shiny.I want expecting it. I threw a Quick Ball and caught it So I now have a random encountered shiny Audino in Pokemon White.
            Awesome. I love Shiny Audino's colours.
            Old October 3rd, 2011 (5:58 AM).
            Frolic and fun~

My turn for a shiny that, due to its randomness, I totally wasn't expecting. First wild pokemon of the day no less....

So I woke up and decided to continue with my HG challenge file. I load it, went through MT mortar with a repel and came out the other side. I decided to at that moment, after my repel had worn off (I went in there to battle some guy) go do the second suicune encounter. So I hop on my omanyte and begin surfing along. First wild pokemon of the day?

Shiny goldeen. I actually stared at it like a complete idiot until I saw it sparkle. My mind was like "No... no way... no... It can't be a-" *goldeen sparkles* "HOLY BAJEEBUS IT IS!" And then I freaked. I was actually scared I wouldn't catch it... I only had 9 pokeballs, a premier ball and a fast ball... But one pokeball and premier ball later.... That thing is mine. <3

Hooray for random and thus unexpected shinies!
            Old October 3rd, 2011 (2:03 PM).
            11 Year PC Member

Congrats on everyone's new shinies!

This week's random shiny hunt is... Duskull! It's ironic that it's a Ghost-type in October.

I will be alternating between hunts this month to keep things fresh. Litwick is of course my main hunt, which is currently at 2,261 eggs. I will be reopening my hunts for Archen and Cranidos. A big reason is because of the show Terra Nova. I finished MMIV (Masuda Method/IV) breeding Beldum, which only took 49 eggs, but a lot of hours. I also plan on MMIV breeding for Mantine and Carvanha. I will probably hatch several Ghost, Psychic, and Dark-type Pokémon throughout the month as well because of Halloween.
              Old October 3rd, 2011 (5:20 PM).

I would really like to join this club :)

I have been playing Pokemon since R&B, although haven't played all the gens in between - I'll get there one day - it's something to look forward too! At the moment I'm playing B&W, it really reignighted my passion for Pokemon

I have two shinies (Lake of Rage Red Gyarados not included) a random encounter Rhyhorn in Diamond and an Oshawott in Black.

I've been MMing in my boyfriends Black version for all 3 shiny starters, so I can start my White adventure with a trio of Shiny Starters!!

I have hatched 650+ Snivy eggs so I'm getting closer to my gorgeous shiny Grass Snake, then it's just Tepig to go

Congratulations on everone elses' shinies, it would be a real insipration to read about your achievements everyday! I hope I covered everything and that I am accepted to the club x
                Desired B&W RE shiny: Minccino
                Old October 4th, 2011 (9:29 AM).

WOOHOOO!! After 11368 SRs, tepig FINALLY decides to shine!!
                  And guess what's its nature.....ADAMANT :D
                  I had also SRed for an ID of 49494 so that's an added bonus haha..
                  here he is:

here's the encounter picture:

at long last i can start the story!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                  Old October 4th, 2011 (5:20 PM).
                  Shiny Hunter

Nothing major to report, been super busy lately. I'm up to 421 eggs on Gulpin. I know I'm not super far yet, but given how busy I've been I'm pretty pleased with my progress. Good luck to us all on our respective shiny hunts, and may we hope to see a blue Gulpin soon!

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
                    Old October 5th, 2011 (3:31 PM).
                    Shiny Hunter

YES, guess what I just found on my Pokemon Rumble.... I found a SHINY RAPIDASH. It happened without any fair warning, I was there playing pokemon rumble battling the boss Magmar on the EX Level Fiery Furnace. There was a small army of Rapidashes surrounding the boss and I saw one of them sparkle, so I looked again and It had grey flames instead of red. So of course I freaked and went to KO it first, ignoring the boss. Luckily all shinies on Rumble drop so I knew as soon as I saw it, it was mine. I am also super happy it was on the EX level unlike my pikachu (which is unusable because it is so under powered) so now I have a usable Shiny Rapidash and it's movepool isn't bad either.

Old October 5th, 2011 (3:37 PM).
                      He has multiple Personalities

Quote:
                        I only had 9 pokeballs, a premier ball and a fast ball
                        I always carry at least 50 poke, ultra, and great balls Anywhoo, nothing much to report here, but i did borrow a shiny haxorus for the E4 today, thanks to AssasinJay1229
                        Old October 5th, 2011 (6:52 PM).

Well, I didn't want to post again until I was accepted into the group but I have exciting news:

After 790 eggs I hatched a Shiny Snivy!!

He has a Sassy nature, which boosts his speed stat! I'm so excited and proud!

Congratulations to Acreus Whisper for the Shiny Rapidash (one of my fav. 1st Gen pokemon!) and abhi123 for the Tepig. I'm currenly MMing for Tepig!

I had a question as well, for anyone who has used the Masuda Method:

What is your technique, i.e. do you collect a bunch of eggs then hatch them, collect a party full and hatch them, or anything else?

After spending a fortune getting Snivy out of Daycare I decided I would collect and hatch a box of eggs and if none were shiny I would SR and start again, although (I know it sounds crazy) I am worried it wont work! I like seeing my armies of hatched non shinies as a reminder I'm getting closer to my goal!! Anyway I'm interested in hearing your techniques :D

Happy hunting!
                          Desired B&W RE shiny: Minccino
                          Old October 5th, 2011 (7:05 PM).
                          Fear My Glitter!

Nature: Gentle
                            I get 5 at a time wait till they all hatch then get another 5 i also go through the E4 to get money until they hatch ;)

Angel Island
                            Pair: assassinjay1229
                            Old October 5th, 2011 (7:50 PM).
                            Frolic and fun~

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Shiny Snivy View Post
                            Well, I didn't want to post again until I was accepted into the group but I have exciting news:

After 790 eggs I hatched a Shiny Snivy!!

He has a Sassy nature, which boosts his speed stat! I'm so excited and proud!

Congratulations to Acreus Whisper for the Shiny Rapidash (one of my fav. 1st Gen pokemon!) and abhi123 for the Tepig. I'm currenly MMing for Tepig!

I had a question as well, for anyone who has used the Masuda Method:

What is your technique, i.e. do you collect a bunch of eggs then hatch them, collect a party full and hatch them, or anything else?

After spending a fortune getting Snivy out of Daycare I decided I would collect and hatch a box of eggs and if none were shiny I would SR and start again, although (I know it sounds crazy) I am worried it wont work! I like seeing my armies of hatched non shinies as a reminder I'm getting closer to my goal!! Anyway I'm interested in hearing your techniques :D

Happy hunting!
                            But nothing on my Goldeen? >:C /mock offense
                            Just kidding. It's fine. XD

I hate to say it, but Sassy nature is a minus speed nature. Plus Special Defense. :c Plus speed natures are Jolly, Timid, Naive and Hasty.

And technically you are already accepted. XD

My method is I get 5 eggs, go and hatch them all... But as they hatch I cover the screen. I am not going to look at them until they are all hatched. I am impulsive. Seeing my failures would make me want to release them (As I tend to do to preserve my ever-more-valuable box space) and get more. That SR method sounds interesting, really. XD
                            Old October 5th, 2011 (9:16 PM). Edited October 5th, 2011 by Latios Master.
                            11 Year PC Member

Congrats on all the new shinies! There's been a spike of good luck this week. Hopefully some of it will rub off on me.

My method is I get 4 eggs, fly to the Skyarrow Bridge with my Archeops, and use a Litwick that I previously hatched MMing that has the Flame Body ability to cut the time it takes to hatch the eggs in half.

My Hunts
                              Litwick: 2,299
                              Archen: 50
                              Cranidos: 38
                              Mantine: 64 (done)
                              Carvanha: 4 (done)

I'm thinking about trying to get another Japanese Pokémon in a trade, since my Ditto has been such a complete failure. Either that or give up on the Masuda Method completely and switch to REing. I've hatched about 4,000 Pokémon through MMing, and have yet to hatch a single shiny Pokémon. I caught my shiny Audino at 4,000 something encounters.
                              Old October 5th, 2011 (11:51 PM).
                              Im baaaack

Nature: Naughty
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
                                Congrats on all the new shinies! There's been a spike of good luck this week. Hopefully some of it will rub off on me.

My method is I get 4 eggs, fly to the Skyarrow Bridge with my Archeops, and use a Litwick that I previously hatched MMing that has the Flame Body ability to cut the time it takes to hatch the eggs in half.

My Hunts
                                Litwick: 2,299
                                Archen: 50
                                Cranidos: 38
                                Mantine: 64 (done)
                                Carvanha: 4 (done)

I'm thinking about trying to get another Japanese Pokémon in a trade, since my Ditto has been such a complete failure. Either that or give up on the Masuda Method completely and switch to REing. I've hatched about 4,000 Pokémon through MMing, and have yet to hatch a single shiny Pokémon. I caught my shiny Audino at 4,000 something encounters.
                                Sometimes I try to MM and RE at the same time, and seeing as your luck with MM is so bad are you sure your Ditto is really Jap or just made to look that way?

My Petlil hunt is at MM:600 RE:257

Pair: Saerith
                                Old October 6th, 2011 (4:07 AM).
                                Doctrina's Shiny Hunter

Nature: Quiet
                                  wow, lots of shinies in a short time, comgrats to everyone with new shinies; for the others still hunting, don't give up.

my last shiny with the riddle is sudowoodo, it was like a month and a half ago aprox.
                                  PICT0008.jpg

(yeah, I really like shiny vs shiny encounter)

I have given up on soft resets (SRs), I started using HRs (hard resets) instead for my target. 497... and counting even while writing here. I really want that shiny. lol.
                                  Well that's all for now, I guess. (498 and counting).

see ya and happy hunting.
                                  Old October 6th, 2011 (4:16 PM).
                                  Shiny Hunter

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Shiny Snivy View Post
                                    Congratulations to Acreus Whisper for the Shiny Rapidash (one of my fav. 1st Gen pokemon!)

Thanks I love my Shiny Rapidash it wipes the floor with it's Iron Tail attack
                                    My technique for Hunting is collecting a full party of eggs then flying to Celadon and switching over to my Magmar, then going to Cycling road and riding up and down. I like it cause I don't have to hold down on the plus pad cause gravity pulls me down Cycling Road. Plus it's longer than the straightaway in front of the daycare. Then I switch back to my Togekiss and fly back and get five more eggs and repeat the whole thing.

Old October 6th, 2011 (4:52 PM).
                                    legendarypokemon legendarypokemon is offline
                                    He has multiple Personalities

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by andrei0310 View Post
                                      Oh thanx Gmoney sooooooooooooooo my current hunts: A Shiny Gallade on my Emereald!!! i hatched 200 eggs but no result
                                      Sorry to burst your bubble, but, gallade is only on dPPt and up. Anywho my hunt for shiny pidove is a no show, been running around since sunday!

On a completely random note My hundredth Post!!!! Triple digits
                                      Old October 6th, 2011 (5:20 PM).
                                      11 Year PC Member

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by assassinjay1229 View Post
                                        Sometimes I try to MM and RE at the same time, and seeing as your luck with MM is so bad are you sure your Ditto is really Jap or just made to look that way?

My Petlil hunt is at MM:600 RE:257
                                        That's what I've been wondering, but the Pokédex received the Japanese text for the Ditto entry, and I also gained access to the Unity Tower after trading for it.

I spent some time looking at what's available on the GTS, but 3/4 of the people on there want an Arceus, Reshiram, or Zekrom in return.
                                        Old October 6th, 2011 (6:31 PM).
                                        assassinjay1229 assassinjay1229 is offline
                                        Im baaaack

Nature: Naughty
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
                                          That's what I've been wondering, but the Pokédex received the Japanese text for the Ditto entry, and I also gained access to the Unity Tower after trading for it.

I spent some time looking at what's available on the GTS, but 3/4 of the people on there want an Arceus, Reshiram, or Zekrom in return.
                                          Hmmm, sounds pretty legit then, but i'm willing to get mine cloned if you'd like one ^_^

My Petlil hunt is getting neglected a bit now, i've had other things to do v_v. I'm
                                          going to hopefully work on it more this weekend.

Pair: Saerith

Quick Reply