• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Had she been upstaging the teacher somehow? She certainly hadn't intended to... she assumed that Miss Sandoval would know far more than she did on any subject, even bug pokemon, and the idea that she could somehow show her up never even occurred to her... she stepped into the lift, blushing ever so slightly. When was the last time she had blushed?

"I didn't mean to disrespect Miss Sandoval... my father tried to teach me that if you have knowledge then you should share it, that's all." She shuffled her feet uncharacteriscally as the lift descended. "I've never really considered my career if I'm honest. I just love bug pokemon, everything about them. Becoming a trainer seemed like a natural step on from that."​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark noticed Nika blushing slightly. Probobly one of his comment on upstaging Miss Sandoval.

"Hehe, aw don't worry about it. I doubt she minded too much even if you were. I was mostly joking about the whole upstaging thing. Looks like you and me are on the same boat then! Just some trainers looking to see what we really wanna do for a career... I've kind of considered studying what it would take to be a Gym Leader... or something along those lines. Or at the very least working in one... But there's so much other things to do... its hard to choose." Mark said happily.

The elevator eventually got to the first floor. A few students were waiting out the door to go in as Mark and Nika exited.

"I'm a bit new with bug pokemon myself. Kanto has a few around but I've never had the chance to really run into anything I'd be interested in catching. Guess there weren't alot around Celedon City, where I'm from." He added.

Years
Holly looked up at Haru and tilted her head. She frowned and picked at the grass a little. Molly floated over to her and looked at Haru. Holly sat in thought for a couple of seconds and looked up at Haru. She smiled and hugged him. "Thank you." She whispered in his ear. "Thank you so much..." She kissed him on the cheek and held his hand. Daisy walked over and looked at the two curiously. She put her head on Holly's lap and looked around.

Kayla looked at Holly and mentally crossed her fingers. She hoped that she wouldn't be mad. She sighed when she saw Holly frown, but was surprised when she saw Holly hug Haru. She smiled a little and laid back on the grass. Yuri walked over and licked Kayla on her face. I'm glad she's not mad. Kayla thought as she played with her pokemon.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru nearly fainted when Holly kissed him. It was amazing. He blushed heavily, his face turning the shade of a tomato. "It was no problem." He said in a brave voice, which didn't match his face or feeling. He kissed her on the cheek back and squeezed her hand. Haru layed back and decided to let his pokemon get acquainted with one another. He released all five members of his team, including Geronimo. The Scyther ran off into the woods to train immediatley, which didn't bother Haru. He might attack someone, and he couldn't take the guilt if he did. Void ran up to Holly and Kayla's pokemon, leading Torch by the hand. "Hey everyone. I'd like to introduce Torch. You can call him anything you want." "Shut up Void! You can call me Torch." The Charmeleon addressed the smaller pokemon. Dutchess was feeling better, so she decided to introduce herself to her new teammmates. She walked up to Void. "Hello there. I am Dutchess, and I will be your new team member." She then looked to the others. "I hope we can be friends."

Years
Holly smiled and looked up at Haru. She watched as Daisy tried to hide behind her. "It's okay! Don't be shy!" She giggled a little. She was the last person to be telling anyone not to be shy. Primrose walked up to Torch and giggled. "What's wrong with you, Mr. Grumpy Pants?" Rosemary giggled too and walked over to Primrose. Lumina jumped around and stood in front of Void. "Hello, there, mister!" Primrose and Rosemary laughed. Jasmine ignored all of the other pokemon and sat next to Kayla. Yuri panted a little and sat next to Kayla too. Molly stayed next to Holly and looked at the other pokemon. Holly looked at her and giggled. "Aren't you going to talk to the other pokemon?" Molly looked at her and sighed. "No. I'll just stay here." Holly looked at her and shrugged. "I think you're getting old." She put her head down on Haru's shoulder.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
After they had eaten and talked for a while, Seth let Shadow and dismissed the three Pokemon back to their play. This time, Apes drew in the sand, while Doom posed for him. Shadow found his entertainment in psychicly cutting the waves as they approached the shore. In one instance, he threw a Shadow Ball at a particularly large wave. The resulting explosion sent water flying down at the beach, wetting Seth, who started laughing. The rest soon joined in.

Seth finally calmed down again, and noticed the feeling that he was being watched. Looking to the ridge that privatized the section of the beach they were on, he thought he saw a flash of white, but couldn't be sure. Sending his conscious forward, he felt an abnormal presence. To him, it felt like someone had taken a ghost Pokemon's mind, and drenched it in liquid nitrogen. There's only one Pokemon that I can think would feel like that... Kim?

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
(OOC: Same here--School has been insane.)
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Tristen stretched a little before answering. ?Yeah; I?m Raikou Dorm.? She turned towards her pokemon, who were sitting calmly behind her. I need to head back to gather my things before leaving the dorm--I don?t plan on staying in that space they call a room. She preferred open space to closed buildings, so she wasn?t planning on staying there long.

She shrugged off Teal?s blanket and handed it to him. ?I can survive a few minutes without that. Thanks.? Walking over to her bag, she cleaned up her area and packed up all of her belongings neatly into the small case. She checked over the clearing, making sure that she wasn?t leaving anything, and turned back to her pokemon.

?We?re getting ready to leave soon. Skarmory, if you want to fly around instead of going back into your pokeball, get ready to take off. Gabriel, you look like you could use a small break.? She pulled out his pokeball and returned him with a flash of red laser.

She clipped the pokeball onto her headband and turned back to Teal. ?I?m ready to go when you are.?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

"Really?" Nika asked, struggling to hide her suprise. "Kanto has some fantastic bug types. My Parasect is a Kanto pokemon and one of the most fascinating bug types I've encountered, also having a grass typing and a remarkable evolutionary ch-"

Talking too much. Been told about that.

"...Sorry. I'm talking too much about bug types. It's a bad habit I have."

As they stepped out of the elevator Nika walked alongside Mark through the Academy hallways. For a strange, new place with strange, new people she felt remarkably at ease here. She was even telling Mark about other members of her team, giving away future tactical advantage.

"Everyone has their own favorites, I suppose. What is there to catch around Celadon? I've never been."​

Megaman765

Years
Nika began to talk about Parasect, a bug Pokemon that Mark was actually familiar with. She stopped herself though, appoligizing for going on about bug types.

"Haha, hey I don't mind. Bad habit or not, I'm interested nonetheless. I oughta introduce you to the other half of my team. It's only fair. I mean hey, I talk alot too! So I'd say we're pretty even!" Mark said with a smile as they walked out of the building.

"Its been awhile... well, last I remember, Celedon has some Growlithe, Vulpix, and Oddish around there. Oh, theres also Grimer. They tend to get into the ponds alot... a bit of a curse in Celedon methinks but I guess its a blessing to anyone into that kind of Pokemon... the smell starts to get to you if you spend to much time near the ponds..." Mark explained.

"Still though, its not too bad of a place. You just gotta know your way around it and just watch your back. It isn't the nicest city but I guess its home... ha... gee now I might be talking too much. Haha. Like I said, I tend to talk alot." Mark continued. Snype snickered behind Mark. He was a bit by himself down there and seeing how Shedinja was mostly silent, he entertained himself by listening to the two trainers exchange conversation.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Pokemon Academy! New Beginnings!

As the island comes into view Lucas and Aipom come up on the deck of the boat. He could see many water type Pokemon swimming in the ocean around them. From Tentacool to Mantine, from Corsola to Frillish, Lucas was amazed by the diversity, even know these were just one type of Pokemon. He couldn't wait to see the Acadamy that he had read so much about. He was really interested to learn from Mr. Clay and Mr. Byron about mining. Lucas looks around the boat. It's a small fishing boat that he got on from Pallet Town, there was also a sailor man dressed in white. Apparently the man who owns this boat was really good friends with Lucas's parents and helped them find many underwater fossils. The sailor had a Poliwhirl that was always diving into the water and wraggling many fish Pokemon.

'Ahoy! Lucas, we are approaching the island! Get ready to embark on your new adventure!' shouted the sailor. Lucas nodded and went into the cabin and grabbed his rucksack containing his clothes, and tuiton money. He stepped outside as they were approaching a beach. Aipom hopped on his shoulder and began cheering.

Lucas looked across the beach and saw all of the trainers and students enjoying the sun. Aipom noticed this one trainer walking around the beach, going around to what seems like a more private cut-off coast from everyone else. This sparked his curiousity. He kept watching him until he went out of sight. Finally the boat had pulled up by the beach, Lucas and Aipom hops off the boat and waves back at the sailor. 'Thank you Mr. Somerely! Please tell my parents that I had a safe trip and I'm going to do okay!' The sailor nods and walks inside his cabin to check on things. Lucas and Aipom wave at Poliwhirl as they begin walking up the beach.

'Wow, Aipom I can't believe we're here already! This is it buddy we're gonna rise to the top! And once we are done here, we can show those bullies whose the boss!' Lucas exclaimed. Aipom clapped at this statement and looked towards the coast where this trainer went. He was drawn to find out what was there. Lucas noticed Aipom's behaviour. 'Umm are you okay Aipom? What's the matter?' questioned Aipom's trainer. Aipom began running across the beach towards this coast. Shocked Lucas starts chasing Aipom, 'AIPOM! PLEASE STOP!' running through many trainer's in the middle of battles, playing or simply sun bathing, Lucas couldn't help but appologise to everyone him and his Pokemon past.

Eventually Lucas got to this cove. Exhausted from running so far he looks around for Aipom. 'Aipom? Aiiiiiiiiiipom?' panted Lucas. He saw Aipom running towards a somewhat intimidating trainer. Lucas called, 'AIPOM! STOP!' Aipom stopped in his tracks literally 3 feet away from this trainer. 'I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over Aipom...'

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
His conversation with the Frosslass was rudely interrupted when an overexcited Aipom scampered right up to him. Seeing the trainer run into the area soon after, he deducted that it was his.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over Aipom..." the seemingly disdraught trainer apologized.

"Not a problem. I'm used to being tackled..." He gestured at Apes, who had stopped drawing to observe the new visitors. He called them over, and they took an immediate liking to his Aipom. Shadow, however, stayed where he was, and continued to slice the waves.

"Aight guys, don't crowd him. Well, this is Apes the Simisage, and Doom the Houndour. Do you have any other Pokemon? Never mind..." he said after seeing his belt almost empty. "Oh, That's Shadow the Shuppet over there." he said after a particularly large splash. "You have a name, correct?"

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Mr. Ryan's class.

Ruby watched how Kilik was folding the note and putting it in his backpack, why would he do that...? Ruby listened to mr. Ryan's answer but still couldn't find an answer to why the Lugia would save a human... suddenly Kilik also asked him a question, which actually quite intressed her, but she agreed with the teacher, why would a Lugia take three days to heal a body?

'hmmm...' Ruby thought for awhile before she wanted to say what she was actually thinking. 'Kilik might be right... the Lugia might've healed your drowned body, like... the water in your lungs, i suppose you woke up all healty, but...' Ruby paused and stared at her Poochyena, Hikari, who nodded at her. 'the Lugia might've used your body to talk to humans...? i've read that legendary pokemon do that often... though, i'm not sure about this since so far i know, a Lugia can use telepathy.' Ruby glanced down at Hikari. Up untill she found the situation weird and wanted to know more about all of this, but... she's also weird, i mean... talking and understanding pokemon is quite weird and rare isn't it?

'(Ruby! we're going on a fieldtrip!)' Hikari suddenly said to her and jumped around. 'no Hikari, if you listened well enough to Mr. Ryan, you would've heard that only a FEW will go on a fieldtrip.' Ruby laughed a little when it was finally her turn to lecture her little friend.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Nika considered the other pokemon she had that Mark might know about, but Parasect was her only pokemon from the Kanto region. The majority of her team were Unova pokemon. He was sharing a lot about Celadon... should she talk about Unova and pokemon from there? That seemed appropriate.

"I'm not very familair with any of those pokemon," she admitted. "I only really know about pokemon from Unova, where I'm from, and bug types. I know a few, from the championships on television and things like that, but past bug pokemon my knowledge is fairly weak. So half of my team are bug types from Unova obviously, and then there's Parasect and Yanma. Oh. And Pineco. I keep forgetting about him, he only hatched today..."​

Megaman765

Years
"Pineco huh? I'm pretty familiar with Johto Pokemon too since Kanto neighbors it. Be careful with those if your training it. They tend to explode when they're disturbed usually. Can't say I've experienced it but I've heard stories. But Unova huh? That place looks really interesting. I'd love to visit it sometime just to see what Pokemon I could bring back home..." Mark said. They continued to walk through the academy on their way to the Pokemon Center. It was close by oak town so they still had a ways to walk.

"Theres plenty of bug Pokemon around Kanto. I'm pretty familiar with them. From the common Caterpie and Weedle, to the less common Scyther and Pinser. If you visited the Safari Zone there you'd be on a field day! Theres alot of bug types there. Heck, Johto has a bug catching contest too! If your around the area after school you should give those a look. I've visited the Safari zone before. Its only a bike ride down from Celedon. The only hard part is going back up to Celedon." Mark explained.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

"Yes... I think Nurse Joy lost an eyebrow earlier when I dropped him off. And Unova is interesting, but not as interesting as Kanto... but I think it's relative. They're interesting to us because we don't know about them. They're different, away from home. That's important I think."

She sighed, lifting her flat cap and smoothing her hair back. "I nearly caught a Weedle yesterday... and I've always wanted a Scyther, to have a Scizor of course, but they're hard to find. And even harder to catch, and then to train... your friend Lucia must be very good to have a Scizor already. Do you think she'd be willing to trade for it?"​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Academy Cafeteria

Rosalyn smiled to herself as Jimmy sat next to her and she took another bite of her food. She glanced at her Pokemon to see them all eating happily before she turned her attention back to Jimmy and Alice just in time to hear Alice ask what they had been talking about. "Well" Rosalyn started and smiled at the other girl. "we were going to discuss who you like Alice" she giggled slightly resting her head on Jimmy's shoulder "if you tell me who you like, I'll tell you who I like" she added though it was obvious who she liked. But she wasn't going to say so in front of Jimmy, she still wasn't sure how he would react.

Years
The girl asked another question.

"This could be true." Went on Ryan. "But as far as I know I didn't drown or take in any water at all. But perhaps I was just a little hazy at the time. Even if I had, 3 days is pretty long for a Pokémon of the calibur of Lugia."
He thought a bit before answering the second question.
"As for the Lugia using me to talk to humans theory, that may be correct but like you said. Lugia use telpathy to communicate with humans. Also there was no sign of my body for three days throughout the Orange Islands. So unless it took me somewhere else then I don't think so. But it possibly was using my memories for something? Or perhaps to get into a small area? Or something. But who knows?"
He ended his little talk with an odd question.
He hoped to find the Lugia one day and ask it. As far as he knew the Lugia that had saved him had not appeared at the nest. But perhaps it only appears sometimes.
"If there are no more questions. You are free to leave as the lesson has officially ended. However if you do have more questions then by all means stay. I need to mark your quizes, they shall be delivered some time by my Charizard. So don't be alarmed when a Charizard flies down towards you later on!"
Ryan then walked back to his teacher's desk and sat down on the chair behind it.
"That was an okay first lesson." He thought.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent & Alice Crenshaw
Academy Cafeteria

"Oh, yeah...that...Heehee..." Alice said, her cheeks getting reddish again.

Jimmy was completely oblivious to what the girls were talking about. He took another bite of his sandwich when he suddenly was startled by something on his shoulder. He quickly turned his head and saw Rosalyn resting her head there, making him roll his eyes. He thought his friend was getting a bit clingy for the last days. Then, the thought disappeared because he really did not mind. He took another bite of the sandwich after swallowing, not bothering to say a word.

"Well, um," Alice said, "You're right Rosalyn. It is someone I...like."

She took a deep breath and took a bite of her sandwich. After swallowing, she could feel Buttefrees in her stomach along with part of the sandwich. Then she sighed.

"Yesterday, I lost a battle. And this boy...he came out of nowhere. He said nothing but...nice things to me."

A sparkle could be seen in her eyes, and she was blushing more intensely. She smiled, remembering her time spent with Roxas, that Suicune Dorm boy who she had met earlier. Jello spotted her and frowned.

"He...He then taught me how to battle, and was a total gentleman..." she said, in a soft voice, "B-But then...I ran away from him...I...I don't know why."

That last part drew Jimmy's attention. Rosalyn had ran away from him the day before. He panicked for a while, but then he remembered that it was because of her brother sage, and sighed in relief. Alice looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

Charlie Fitzpatrick
Counselor's Office

Well, the kid thanked politely and left, and didn't give enough time for Charlie to arrange a meeting point. Oh, well, he still had Moondra, and she would be able to spot a kid like that and get him back to Charlie in little time. He took another look around. The only thing that was with him was silence and his awesomeness.

He reopened his internet browser and began to play Tetris online, waiting for someone else to arrive at his office. Or for his work time to be over for the day, whatever came first.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
"Lucia's Scizor...? Erm... I doubt that'd be very easy. Close to impossibly probobly. From what I've seen from the two, that Scizor is extremely protective of Lucia. Even if Lucia did want to trade, I don't think Roberto would want to... that its name by the way. He tends to give Snype death glares every so often. I dunno why but I guess he just really doesn't like him for some reason." Mark said. That was a mystery Mark desperately wanted to figure out and fix. Soon or later Mark wouldn't even be allowed near his friend with how protective Roberto was.

"The best place I know to catch a Scyther is during the bug catching competition or in the Safari zone in Kanto and Johto. I never took part of the bug catching contest myself though but I've been in the Safari Zone. I didn't get to catch anything though." He added. The Pokemon center wasn't too far away now...

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru did something he had always wanted to do. He brushed Holly's hair behind her ear. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. He couldn't believe it! Earlier today he had been positive she had been afraid of him, but now she was cuddling with him! "She seems to be really shy." Haru chuckled. "Anyways," he didn't want to be rude, but he wanted to get to know Holly more. "Tell me about yourself. I wanna know everything about you."

Meanwhile, the pokemon were still talking. Void burst out laughing. "I used to call him that for the longest time!" Torch shuddered at the memory of the somewhat irritating Munchlax calling him Mr. Grumpy pants. "Don't remind me. Anyways, there's nothing wrong with me. I'm just a little more mature." He humphed, making Dutchess and Void laugh. The Nidoran female piped in, "You seem to be wearing invisible grumpy pants!" This just earned a burst of laughter from Void, as she put emphasis on the word invisible. "That is totally possible!"

Back