• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XY Ash vs Paul

Who's Better?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
XY Ash would not have lost to Paul, for one Pikachu is way stronger and would probably beat 2 by himself, Goodra and his endurance style would at least get one win, his Talonflame is another powerhouse, Hawlucha as well takes a beating to fight back so he'd be perfect to counter Paul, Noivern maybe would lose tbh as he's still young and inexperienced. Then there is Greninja who by himself could take down another two or more when Ash-Greninja.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
No when DP Ash vs Paul in the league he only used pokemon he had in sinnoh.

Rechecked and yeah he did. DP Ash is the only Ash that can beat Paul. XY Ash is not as strong as DP Ash so he wouldn't have won. DP Ash sinnoh team was better trained.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Rechecked and yeah he did. DP Ash is the only Ash that can beat Paul. XY Ash is not as strong as DP Ash so he wouldn't have won. DP Ash sinnoh team was better trained.

Then how come DP Ash lost 3 pokemon to one of Paul's pokemon?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
Alain for one would have demolished Paul, totally overpowering him. Alain was near elite four level when he fought Siebold in the ME specials and gave his Blastoise a run for his money and that was when he recently started collecting ME energy in the key stone. Ash was able to nearly defeat peak Alain, Paul would not have beaten the Alain who fought Siebold.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Because Paul was meant to be a major threat in the league. XY Ash would have lost all six pokemon to Paul in my opinion.

What how?? Now your not making any sense. Alan is a major threat in the league as well. Can you stop underestimating XY Ash. Paul can't even beat a BF member how is he beating XY Ash?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
What how?? Now your not making any sense. Alan is a major threat in the league as well. Can you stop underestimating XY Ash. Paul can't even beat a BF member how is he beating XY Ash?
XY Ash strength is no where near Paul's strength. I root for Paul all the way.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Tell me how Paul stronger than XY Ash

All of Paul's pokemon are powerhouses that be raised properly. XY Ash basically evolved Noibat really quickly as well as Goodra. Hawlucha did not had much focus since Greninja stole the spotlight from everyone. Greninja would eventually be worn down and defeated by Paul's pokemon especially by Electivire.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
All of Paul's pokemon are powerhouses that be raised properly. XY Ash basically evolved Noibat really quickly as well as Goodra. Hawlucha did not had much focus since Greninja stole the spotlight from everyone. Greninja would eventually be worn down and defeated by Paul's pokemon especially by Electivire.

Electivire not going to win with out motordrive.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Greninja does not have the best defense. Maybe it can take at least one hit but the second hit would finish it.

I think your underestimating XY Ash's team a little too much. And AG has beaten megas that's he weak to before what makes you think he can't do it again vs a non mega?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I think your underestimating XY Ash's team a little too much. And AG has beaten megas that's he weak to before what makes you think he can't do it again vs a non mega?
Paul has more experience. Greninja would lose to Electivire and Torterra easily.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
So you think that Electivire and Torterra can beat any of the megas that Ash-Greninja as battled?

Yes because Ash Greninja is not stronger than Paul's pokemon. Any megas that lost to Greninja can be beat by Paul.

Years
"The second hit would finish Greninja", you're right, this is why it endured 2 leaf storms from sceptile, a shadow ball and a moonblast from gardevoir, 2 Dragon claw/one Dragon claw and thunder punch from mega charizard

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Yes because Ash Greninja is not stronger than Paul's pokemon. Any megas that lost to Greninja can be beat by Paul.

Ok Paul is not that strong he got beaten by a BF member how is he beating megas if he doesn't have one. And Ash-Greninja took SE attacks from pokemon he's weak too but was still standing.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Same way Hawlucha beat a Mega
Same way Pikachu beat a Mega

Also Brandon used all three Regis against Paul. He only used one in each of his battles against Ash.

Back