• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Is there a program similar to GarageBand for Mac that can record & edit midis? GarageBand CANNOT save midis, which is the problem.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
In paint, what should I set the dimensions to to create a region?

I'm not completely sure, but it's either 240x160 or 256x160

Is there a program similar to GarageBand for Mac that can record & edit midis? GarageBand CANNOT save midis, which is the problem.

Take a look here

Do people still like to play pokemon G/S/C hacks?

Depends, somebody still do, but I think most people play GBA games. However, if your hack is a success, people will probably play it.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
It's level script in Oak's lab.
You can find it in last bar of the map in A-Map.

sorry, i dont know where you mean, can you please be a bit more specific? and is the text there too?

Edit: what is a good hex editor to use and where can i find it?

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@雷影 イチロ: FR right? 0x16923E. And yes, the text is there too. A good hex editor would be hex workshop. Google it ;D

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
Hello, all. I need help with starting a new game. I want to change where the player starts. You know how he starts off in his bedroom. I want to change it to outside in a corner or something. Thanks!

P.S. I'm using Fire Red.

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
A) Through ASM hacking.
B) Just like A), except it would be much harder, because "removing" the bag size limit means having more space to store the items; in other words, you need to find some unused RAM area, make it so the bag would store/get the data from there, and also make sure that everything gets saved and loaded correctly, when saving/loading the game respectively. Not a piece of cake, really.
C) It doesn't appear to be a valid routine at all, at least in Emerald. Where did you find that?
Those are some of the things I need to do too (especially the Wally/Ralts thing)... And I have no idea what ASM hacking is about... can someone link me to a tutorial for that or something?

It's not that hard actually. First of all load with AM the map where the scripts are executed. Then enable the Professional Header View option, go to the Header tab, and look for the Map Script Offset and copy it. Open XSE, load the ROM, paste the offset and enable the Level Script option (the button next to the decompile button). Finally, decompile. As usual with text editing you can't change the text so it's longer or you will overwrite data. That's when you need to repoint.

I tried that too (this is talking about editing the stuff where your mom tells you your dad is on TV in emerald), but no, the script is not part of the level script. It's not part of any other script for that map either. So what should I do? And I want to edit what they do in addition to what they say.

Hello, all. I need help with starting a new game. I want to change where the player starts. You know how he starts off in his bedroom. I want to change it to outside in a corner or something. Thanks!

P.S. I'm using Fire Red.

In the toolbox section, go to HackMew's Tools Factory; download and use Start Map Chooser Advance.
Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Anyone have any tools that lets me edit the Pokedex Sprites and back sprites in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal?

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
I'm 11, and I'm a decent ROM hacker. I know how to script, map (well... I get between 6-8 in the map rating thread lol), etc etc. I don't know how to do Hex editing, tbh x_X. I was wondering... should I continue ROM hacking? I mean it's like a hobby, and I really like it, but there's just something I can't put my finger on that I hate about it... So... should I wait until I'm older or should I continue ROM hacking?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm 11, and I'm a decent ROM hacker. I know how to script, map (well... I get between 6-8 in the map rating thread lol), etc etc. I don't know how to do Hex editing, tbh x_X. I was wondering... should I continue ROM hacking? I mean it's like a hobby, and I really like it, but there's just something I can't put my finger on that I hate about it... So... should I wait until I'm older or should I continue ROM hacking?

That's really your choice isn't it :P If you like it then carry on, if not then maybe give it a go in a few months.

Also try hacking for yourself, rather than this community. It's much less pressured if nobody knows you are hacking and expects you to make progress fast ;)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

I say keep it up, you are one of the few people your age that actually seems like you want to learn, and that, is a virtue.
Besides, it's good help in learning more about computers and things like that, potentially helping you get practice, and motivation to start software develpment and things like that.

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
I say keep it up, you are one of the few people your age that actually seems like you want to learn, and that, is a virtue.
Besides, it's good help in learning more about computers and things like that, potentially helping you get practice, and motivation to start software develpment and things like that.

Yea, I've been a computer geek since 07'. I use SOME scripts as skeletons, for let's say a huge, advance script, LASTRESULTS, or specials. Other wise I know how to script pretty well. :)

Everyone at my school calls ROM hacking illigal, but I think it's a hobby. Thank you very much, jail warden 0m3GA ARS3NAL.

crappy, simple scripts I made located here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPokemonGuideshttp://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPokemonGuides

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Yea, I've been a computer geek since 07'. I use SOME scripts as skeletons, for let's say a huge, advance script, LASTRESULTS, or specials. Other wise I know how to script pretty well. :)

Everyone at my school calls ROM hacking illigal, but I think it's a hobby. Thank you very much, jail warden 0m3GA ARS3NAL.

crappy, simple scripts I made located here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPokemonGuideshttp://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPokemonGuides

Scripting isn't illegal, but having a copy of the ROM's are, lol.
But as you can tell from a good 99% of hackers on here, we don't really care.
Just don't go spreading ROMS around here, a big no-no indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back