• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
After watching the episodes so far, I'd say Ash is going end up with these:

Pikachu

Decideueye ( I really don't think the Concept Art means much, and Decideueye is the most popular starter. Rowlett is popular to, but there's no downside to evolving it. Plus if he is going into the league, I'd rather he not have a Rowlett.)

Inceneroar: Looks like this is obtainable in 3 weeks as Litten. Makes sense and it is also marketable, so evolving seems likely imo.

Passimian: Avatar aside, this pokemon has the perfect setup for an Arc with Ash. I'd be pretty shocked if he didn't get it.

Vikavolt: I'm shocked (pun intended) that there seems to be a lot of doubt on this. The opening has Ash catching Grubbin. Sure he failed in the show, but I'm betting it's the new Krokrok and not dunsparce. I also see it evolving fully, if not at least into chargabus.

Dewpider or an Alolan Form: These last two are just random guesses. I think Ash will certainly get an Alolan form, but I could be wrong. Dewpider makes sense to, as I feel it fits Ash. Again though, I'm unsure so I am just guessing.

Years
I can't picture Rowlet evolving.

It feels like a mascot character, and what have you.

I feel that Lana's Popplio will be the non-evolving starter this generation, being a "mascot" starter owned by a female lead that stays outside of its Poke Ball, similar to Dawn's Piplup.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't think it will be Vikavolt. I know he failed to catch one, but I just don't see him catching it. From what I have seen on Serebii, Sophocles seems to be a little jealous of Ash getting attention or something based on Mallow's face. I think Sophocles will catch and get a Grubbin. That will be something he can say he did and Ash didn't. Not to mention he has one in the games.

I originally thought Ash may get Passimian, but I think Crabrawler will be the better pokemon, but it not evolve till the end of the Saga or he will catch it much later. He hasn't had an Ice type since Hoenn and Fighting/Ice is a unique typining similar to Hawlucha. That is why I think it will be Crabrawler and not Passimian. Not to mention it is the only Ice type. Now if he gets Alolan Sandshrew, then it can change.

I can also see Kiawe catching Passimian instead. They just seem to match to me.

Rowlet does seem to be a cutesy pokemon, but it is hard to say if it will evolve. It has an adorable personality. I think it is too early right now. If he catches a Pikipek, then Rowlet will probably fully evolve.

Reactions: Z25
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I might be the only one that thinks Bewear needs to drop off the face of the Earth. I can see James maybe getting Stufful, Morelull or even Komala. He usually gets a Grass type of some form expect Gen 6. It's really hard to tell who anyone will get.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I might be the only one that thinks Bewear needs to drop off the face of the Earth. I can see James maybe getting Stufful, Morelull or even Komala. He usually gets a Grass type of some form expect Gen 6. It's really hard to tell who anyone will get.

I have to agree, but the posters seemed to confirm that Team Rcoket would have Bewear. They got Mimikyu correct, so I think it is close to confirmed for that.

It is possible that they might catch more than 1 pokemon this time around. They used to catch a total of 4 not including meowth and including Wobbuffet until Kalos.

Bewear freaked me the heck out in the show. Almost as much as the dang Malamar in Kalos. And that scream... omg....

Years
Spoilers!!!
Spoiler:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Spoilers!!!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I have a feeling that:

Spoiler:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I have a feeling that:

Spoiler:

Le sigh. I don't want this.

Content related which might spoil, so in spoiler.
Spoiler:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Le sigh. I don't want this.

Content related which might spoil, so in spoiler.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Since this pic shows what Ash's Alola team is, I guess this likely confirms he catches Litten in an upcoming episode. That means Alola will be Sinnoh 2.0 in a way where Ash catches both the Grass and Fire starters while a blue-haired female companion owns the Water starter.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Spoiler:

Since this pic shows what Ash's Alola team is, I guess this likely confirms he catches Litten in an upcoming episode. That means Alola will be Sinnoh 2.0 in a way where Ash catches both the Grass and Fire starters while a blue-haired female companion owns the Water starter.

Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:
i'm not sure about rowlet to be fully evolve. i mean, Rowlet is the joke part of the team and it becomes the center of attention towards young audiences. i don't think the writer would do risky way to evolve mascot pokemon. just like Oshawott, Chespin, and Piplup. they share common thing, they role as the joke for the show and they end up not evolving until the end of the series.

Years
Sater has a point. If Ash is catching Litten, it looks like Litten would be the more likely one to evolve, unfortunately leaving Rowlet to suffer the same fate as Oshawott, Piplup and Chespin which is being the comedy relief who is banned from evolving.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Sater has a point. If Ash is catching Litten, it looks like Litten would be the more likely one to evolve, unfortunately leaving Rowlet to suffer the same fate as Oshawott, Piplup and Chespin which is being the comedy relief who is banned from evolving.

But that point is countered by the point that Decidueye is also one of the most popular pokemon in Sun and Moon. I don't see them not evolving Rowlet. There has been times where popular pokemon have evolved even when their final stages aren't as popular. I think Turtwig was one of them. He is also getting his team early on, giving them time to progress similar to Sinnoh. However, I do understand where yall are coming from. If Decidueye wasn't so popular, I could see Rowlet not evolving easily.

Based on what I am seeing, they are giving Ash nothing, but fan favorites at the moment. Based on pokemon we know are popular, his next pokemon, if Sophocles doesn't catch is, will probably be Vikavolt.

Right now, if all pokemon evolve, he has a Grass, Electric, Fire, Rock, Dark, Ghost, and Flying, although he will lose the flying if Rowlet evolves. So pokemon he could possibly catch going on popularity alone are these.

Vikavolt (Not likely since it is Electric type)
Mudsdale (HIghly possible)
Wishiwashi (Would better match Lana I think)
Golisopod (Not likely since that is Guzma's Signature Pokemon)
Drampa (A good match to match Kiawe's Turtanator and was popular and think it would match Ash)

Other pokemon he could get are Passimian and Crabrawler. He usually catches a fighting type and both match Ash well going by the description of the pokemon on the main site.

We also need to remember that we might be getting more Alolan Pokemon in Pokemon Stars and even possibly new pokemon. I don't think Ash will catch any more pokemon for a while. And the 20 new pokemon in Stars is just a rumor and a possibility. With this being a gag like saga, I can see Ash catching a lot of pokemon. I am still hoping he catches an Alolan form.

Years
I have also picked up on Ash's Alola team mostly being fan-faves, well especially Rowlet and Rockruff. I could definitely see Rockruff evolving but if the writers do evolve Rowlet, I would love to see it struggle with its larger size and has to learn that it won't fit in Ash's bag ever again.

I do hope Ash's companions do catch more Pokemon, since I feel it's wrong for an Ash companion to go through their whole run with only one Pokemon.

Back