• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Less favorite pokemon movie

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
What is your less favorite pokemon? Mine is I choose You. Watched it last night. It is just not the same as the others in my opinion.

What is your less favorite pokemon movie?

Please state your opinion as an opinion and not fact. Use "in my opinion or imo" in your posts in the thread.

Please don't repeat your post over and over again and try to stay on topic. Please do not shove opinions on other people. Everyone has different opinions.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Hoopa and the Clash of Ages.

A somewhat interesting story, completely butchered by executive meddling who decreed 'LEGENDARIES GALORE! FANS LOVE LEGENDARIES!'

Granted, seeing legendaries duke it out would actually be entertaining. Heck, the DP movies did just that with the Creation Trio and Arceus. What do we get instead?

A chase. A chase between summoned legendaries. This isn't even the worst part, it completely contradicts all the previous established rules. How do the Legendaries Mega Evolve? How does Kyogre fly? How do Palkia and Dialgia being in the same area rip time and space apart like it did in the Darkrai movie?

There's literally no stakes in the movie. Oh the town is being destroyed! Wait, people are leaving. Ash is possessed! Yeah, for a minute.

Wait, hang on...NOW space-time starts to rip apart. As a consequence...of all the legendaries being summoned. Not just Dialga and Palkia, but ALL of them. Guess we gotta move that plot along? Hang on, Dialga and Palkia can't fix this for unknown reasons other than STAKES. Its completely contrived and serves only to prolong the film.

BTW, the solution to saving Hoopa is once again the power of love (in this case family) so that it can pass through it's hoops despite the film outright acknowledging Hoopa can not do so. Also about that space-time thing ripping apart reality? Arceus Ex Machina is here to just clean up that little mistake.

A disaster. A disgrace. A diabolical mess. Whoever the executives were that thought meddling in a writer's creative space was a good idea? They need to take a good long hard look at themselves.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I actually like the Hoopa movie but i agree that Arceus should have done more than cleaning up the mess. Hoopa probably assist Kyogre to float. Latias, Latios and Rayqua had Ash in command and thus can mega evolve. The rip was made probably due to Hoopa summoning too many legendaries or that Dialga and Palkia did not came to the world by choice. The movie is different to the games so they don't always follow the game logic.

I didn't enjoy Spell of The Unown too much. They made Unown overpowered and put a fake entei. I prefered a real Entei.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
The Keldeo one, then the Diancie film which TPCi ruined.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
To be honest, most of the films after the Original Series films weren't particularly good (the only one that even is decent is the Manaphy movie, and even that had a pretty bad climax that arguably spat on May's development in the movie, though I must admit, it DID give me an idea for Ariel and Misty regarding Super Saiyan-esques forms thanks largely to that climax funnily enough.). But I guess the one film that I consider the worst of the worst is the Zoroark movie.

At the risk of getting political... Aw, who am I kidding? The entire FILM was political garbage. None of the other movies, not even the Hoopa movie or I Choose You, delved into promoting left-wing politics in such a blatant manner like Zoroark did. Let's see, we have demonization of successful business owners via Kodai, and the movie's protagonist (ie, the main lead of the movie who ISN'T Ash and co.) is explicitly based on that far-left schlockumentarist Michael Moore, who is famous, or rather, INFAMOUS for skewing his documentaries to push his political views via blatant manipulation of footage, like in Bowling with Columbine (which, BTW, is NEVER supposed to be considered "good" regardless of politics). It's so bad that, even if I hadn't boycotted Pokémon up to this point already, that movie is officially banned from my viewing list (and quite frankly, I'm almost glad Misty's not in that movie because I really don't want her to be ruined by the political underpinnings of that movie). I have little problem with Zoroark itself, or its child, but the overall message was just... I can't believe that Pokémon would actually delve into and promote such politics in a naked manner like that. As bad as most post-Original Series movies were, even Hoopa and I Choose You, at least they never tried to push politics at all, especially not in the manner that Zoroark did. At least those movies tried to do simple stories there, even at worst just use them as an excuse to market the various legendaries.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Just a reminder that it is okay to not like movies but be careful not to state your opinion as fact.

In my opinion, the original series movies are decent movies but the ones that came after were a lot better except for I Choose You.

Again it is my opinion. Also be careful about showing favoritism to OS movies or ones after. It is fine if they are your favorite but remember that not everyone would share the same favoritism and that some won't like having that shove down their throats.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I haven't watched any of the ones from Zoroark onward, but The Arceus and the Jewel of Life is probably my least favorite. But I think that was due to my expectations of a more epic battle between legendaries...

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
other than the first 3 movies, I feel that most of the Pokemon feature films are pointless filler... but the one I dislike the most it's probably Hoopa the clash of ages.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
other than the first 3 movies, I feel that most of the Pokemon feature films are pointless filler... but the one I dislike the most it's probably Hoopa the clash of ages.
I get that you like the OS movies the most but saying that movies after the first three are filler and pointless does not make it so. That is an opinion. I could say that the first three movies are filler and pointless in my opinion.

I am starting to like the OS movies less and less. I do not believe they are the best pokemon movies of all time in my opinion.

Again i ask everyone to use "in my opinion" to avoid stating opinions as facts.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
The OS movies were pretty good, at least the first three or five movies of the OS were really great.

The AG/DP movies weren't all that great, but they were still okay.

To be honest AG/DP/BW/XY were the worst era for the Pokemon anime and the Pokemon movies aswell.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
This is the last time i am gonna ask this but please can people not state opinions as facts. I asked that you use "in my opinion or imo" in your posts.

The OS movies are starting to look like the worst movies of all in my opinion because of the unnecessary favoritism of gen 1 and 2.

The Original Series movies is NOT the greatest movies out of all of them in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
This is the last time i am gonna ask this but please can people not state opinions as facts. I asked that you use "in my opinion or imo" in your posts.
No... If you want to make a thread where everybody is required to follow certain rules about what words to post, Forum Games or Pokémon Trivia are better sections for that. In the Pokémon Anime section, just let people talk about their least favorite movies in whatever way they want.

I think the movies became worse and worse over time... The best ones are the first ones I've seen (except for Pokémon 2000 which I actually didn't like very much ahah) and also the Lucario and Sinnoh ones iirc. I liked all Sinnoh movies :)

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
No... If you want to make a thread where everybody is required to follow certain rules about what words to post, Forum Games or Pokémon Trivia are better sections for that. In the Pokémon Anime section, just let people talk about their least favorite movies in whatever way they want.

I think the movies became worse and worse over time... The best ones are the first ones I've seen (except for Pokémon 2000 which I actually didn't like very much ahah) and also the Lucario and Sinnoh ones iirc. I liked all Sinnoh movies :)

I don't want to hear the constant OS movie and Gen 1 love from others. The favoritism of them is just annoying.

I tired of hearing how gen 1 is the best gen and the rest are just bad. I am sick of hearing how the original series is been treated the best.

Gen 1 and OS series/movies are starting to be terrible because of the certain group of fans who choose only to love the 1st gen and OS series/movies. I tired of people shoving it down my face.

If people shove gen 1 and OS movies/series in my fave one more time then gen 1 and OS movies/series is officially the worse.

I did not made this thread to have gen 1 and OS series/movie thrown in my face.

So i am going to ask everyone to keep the favoritism to the minimum. Also asking others to not shove their opinions in others faces. Also to use "in my opinion" in posts so opinions are not stated as facts.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I don't want to hear the constant OS movie and Gen 1 love from others. The favoritism of them is just annoying.

I tired of hearing how gen 1 is the best gen and the rest are just bad. I am sick of hearing how the original series is been treated the best.

Gen 1 and OS series/movies are starting to be terrible because of the certain group of fans who choose only to love the 1st gen and OS series/movies. I tired of people shoving it down my face.

If people shove gen 1 and OS movies/series in my fave one more time then gen 1 and OS movies/series is officially the worse.

I did not made this thread to have gen 1 and OS series/movie thrown in my face.

So i am going to ask everyone to keep the favoritism to the minimum. Also asking others to not shove their opinions in others faces. Also to use "in my opinion" in posts so opinions are not stated as facts.

Hey, just so you know, I don't mind any of the generations in the games after Generation 1. It's only the Anime where I have some gripes regarding series after the Original Series (and even there, only because of several writing directions that were very stupid overall like having Ash either doing poorly at the league compared to last time, or otherwise if he does get better, his victory gets stolen from him, and in the case of Battle Frontier, his one true victory in the current series gets treated as a joke; the whole level resets; how barring possibly XY, most of the Gym Leaders are depicted as either pansies, or in the event that they DO make them powerful, it's at the expense of Ash and Pikachu looking like terrible fighters; grossly mishandling Team Rocket; the whole pointless girl-swapping elements; an overfocus on certain elements that weren't even necessary for advancing in the games [*cough*Contests*cough*]; wrecking continuity, the fact that, barring tangental references to past leagues aside, there's no actual measurable growth for Ash on his journey, something which the Original Series at least had with Kanto, the Orange Islands, and Johto by our actually SEEING him advance in rank on-screen for a good comparison within the series; and all of that, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the generation they happen to be on. Had all of that been in the original series, make no mistake, I'd complain just as much.). Even there, I did mention a movie that was fairly decent that came after the Original Series (the Manaphy movie). And I'm not engaging in favoritism regarding the OS, those movies actually were fairly good (probably my only REAL gripe with any of the OS movies was the Celebi movie for ruining an otherwise valid distribution method for Celebi by causing the GS ball plotline to be dropped out of existence). At least they were actually their own stories instead of forced advertisements/distributions of various event Pokémon, unlike the movies from Jirachi onward.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I haven't watched all the films so I'm not really qualified to judge all of them. But of the ones I watched... I personally disliked 4ever the most. That one to me was just stupid. Oh hey generic Team Rocket dude is really evil... oh no he captured Celebi... oh no celebi is evil and is now wrapped up in an entire forest's worth of leaves and twigs because I dunno... oh no it's unbeatable even though there's at least one Pokemon with a Fire type move...

That movie didn't do Celebi justice unfortunately. :(

The OS movies are starting to look like the worst movies of all in my opinion because of the unnecessary favoritism of gen 1 and 2.

The Original Series movies is NOT the greatest movies out of all of them in my opinion.

Also I hate to pry but... why are you hating a set of films simply because people happen to like them more than others? I watched them, and with the exception of 4ever they were good enough to stand on their own, at least to me. I don't really watch the anime much at all so I'm not really affected by unnecessary favoritism, I just enjoy them on their own merits as films. It's not really fair to judge things on hype alone; just because everyone likes them more than others doesn't make them necessarily bad. Now if you have issues with the stories or soundtrack choice or animation, that's perfectly fine. For me, I think after the first few they started to get samey after a while, and that doesn't necessarily lessen my enjoyment of them but it is something that's a factor to consider. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Also I hate to pry but... why are you hating a set of films simply because people happen to like them more than others? I watched them, and with the exception of 4ever they were good enough to stand on their own, at least to me. I don't really watch the anime much at all so I'm not really affected by unnecessary favoritism, I just enjoy them on their own merits as films. It's not really fair to judge things on hype alone; just because everyone likes them more than others doesn't make them necessarily bad. Now if you have issues with the stories or soundtrack choice or animation, that's perfectly fine. For me, I think after the first few they started to get samey after a while, and that doesn't necessarily lessen my enjoyment of them but it is something that's a factor to consider. But that's just me.
I am starting to dislike the OS movies/anime and gen 1 because they are being put on a pedestal as though they are superior of all other movies/series and other gens.

Fans seem to think every other gen is completely terrible while gen 1 is perfect in every way. That annoys me a lot. This is why i do not want kanto reappearing in future pokemon games. Too much favoritism.

I didn't like Spell of Unown. It had no real legendary and made Unown overpowered. All the Kanto/Johto movies are being given too much credit. They are not as perfect as people paint them out to be.

Yes people have different opinions and can favor their favorite movies. However it is crossing the line when treating gen 1 & 2 movies/series/games as supreme over all other gens.

Kanto/Johto movies/series/games are NOT the ultimate ones out of all them. I really don't want have to hear how gen 1 is more original and far superior when it is not.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I am starting to dislike the OS movies/anime and gen 1 because they are being put on a pedestal as though they are superior of all other movies/series and other gens.

Fans seem to think every other gen is completely terrible while gen 1 is perfect in every way. That annoys me a lot. This is why i do not want kanto reappearing in future pokemon games. Too much favoritism.

I didn't like Spell of Unown. It had no real legendary and made Unown overpowered. All the Kanto/Johto movies are being given too much credit. They are not as perfect as people paint them out to be.

Yes people have different opinions and can favor their favorite movies. However it is crossing the line when treating gen 1 & 2 movies/series/games as supreme over all other gens.

Kanto/Johto movies/series/games are NOT the ultimate ones out of all them. I really don't want have to hear how gen 1 is more original and far superior when it is not.

Just because we may think the Original Series films may have been superior to the later films doesn't mean we view them as perfect in every way. Newsflash: There were a few problems with the original movies as well. Take the Entei movie, since you mentioned that bit: One of the script writers ended up missing the point behind Molly's angst by having her mom simply return in the ending, which unintentionally ended up turning her into a kid sociopath rather than a genuine woobie as a result. 4Ever also had some issues in that film as well, including the fact that they ultimately screwed over resolution to the GS Ball just to allow for Celebi to have a film, which quite frankly was a mistake. And even Movie 1 had a somewhat troubled production due to their being forced to release it well before it was supposed to be released thanks in large part to the Porygon Incident, which also required a re-cut that involved giving context to Mewtwo's anime appearances. And I like those films, so I'm actually giving an unbiased view by stating what flaws they might have had.

Same goes for the Original Series anime (and for the record, I don't mind ANY of the game generations after 1st/2nd generation. I had no problem with Generation 3 and 4, and if I weren't boycotting the games due to the writers insistence on keeping Misty out of the anime and not allowing her to pursue her bleeping goal, I probably would have played Generation 5, 6, and 7 by now, and probably won't find any problems with those games. The only problems I actually HAVE with any of the generations was with the anime and movies, and even there, they're strictly problems presented in the works themselves regardless of the generation. Had Generation 1 and 2 possess the exact same problems plaguing the later series, make no mistake, I'd be calling for blood against it as well.). Yes, the Original Series ALSO has its flaws, like Kanto Ash only getting half of his badges through an actual battle, or how Johto ultimately took a long amount of time. However, even WITH its flaws, it STILL was a far better series than the other series. Unlike other series, which did level resets, have Ash turned stupid, treat any victories he MIGHT have had as a complete joke, either having him doing the same as or WORSE than before, or otherwise if he does advance in rank, his victory gets completely stolen from him, or how the Gym Leaders, barring possibly XY, are treated as complete jokes to the level of Jessie, James, and Meowth, or how those guys were COMPLETELY useless in those sagas, in the Original Series, we had Ash actually PROGRESS in his journey, actually mature enough to beat the Gym Leaders in a fairly believable manner without them looking bad as a result, Team Rocket actually WAS a threat, and while Ash's Orange Islands win did mean little thanks to Gary's Eevee, it was implied that Gary actually WAS training during that time, unlike in Battle Frontier where Gary beat Ash DESPITE the fact that Gary had long since retired from training and became a Pokémon Researcher. Oh, and Team Rocket actually DOES come across as credible threats a few times in the Original Series instead of useless joke villains.

However, whatever the Original Series' films' flaws were (and believe me, there were ultimately some flaws in some of the movies), they PALE in comparison to the later movies' flaws, which included reducing the films from stories in their own right that actually have the lead Pokémon being stars in their own right to just being hour-long commercials that pretty much use distribution of various Event Pokémon as a means to essentially FORCE audiences to watch the film, usually the main protagonists of the films I should add. Probably the closest any of the post-OS have come to actually avoiding that bit was with Lucario and Zoroark, and even there, Mew and Celebi acted as distribution bonuses, the latter of which was required for getting part of the story in HGSS, and if that's not enough, they also forced in the notch-eared Pichu that was pretty much pointless. And besides, I also mentioned that Manaphy's movie came across as decent, even if not OS-level storytelling, DESPITE it being a AG movie.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I still don't like having "gen one is the true gen" and "Kanto/Johto movies are legit pokemon movies" remarks shove in my face.

That is why i am now adding gen 1 and 2 movies to my second less favorite movies. Too much unneccessary favoritism that gives them a bad imagine.

Back