• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Addicted Are You To X&Y?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 19, 2014
I'm addicted now i've started breeding for competitive play. The amount of 4IV Staryu I've collected going for a 5IV.. Jeez. It's like a drug to me, i've become more addicted to pokémon Y than smoking.

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
I haven't been this addicted to a pokemon game since Crystal came out for the GBC. I have clocked over 465 hours in my game, Acquired 717 pokemon, began farming shiny's, dipped my toe into the IV and EV pool, and become utterly lost in the game play since i first turned the game on. I will say that the story does have me asking questions that wont ever be answered and the disappointment with the Pokemon Bank has me a little blue, but over all im very satisfied and addicted to this game.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not sure how many hours I have in total (I have two games of Pokemon Y and one of Pokemon X) I'm at different points in each game - probably combined I'm over the 900 hours - I have plans on buying one of each again [to play in another language]...

I'm addicted to XY - more with Amie, Wonder Trade, and GTS.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
WOOT!!! make it 741 hours!!! ALL 718 POKEMON \o/
My addiction is complete xD!! Is this a cure? i dunno what to do now that I am done :O

v8m2.jpg

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
Years
I've lost a bit of interest since Pokemon Bank was delayed in the US which caused me to go from playing it almost everyday of the week to maybe only about twice a week. I also just crossed the 300 hour mark a few days ago and I started on release day.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
I have been playing it a lot more than most pokemon games, other than Diamond which was my first. Breeding is really fun and so is training pokemon to use against friends and people online. I usually breed just for wonder trade though, but I've started breeding for specific natures and egg moves. Having trouble getting avalanche on Mudkip though. I'm also trying to complete the dex, which I've never been able to do before because event pokemon, lack of wifi and only had emerald so I couldn't get the other pokemon.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
I totaled for both X and Y for 712 hours, and 489 Pokemon registered on the Pokedex.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I have 236 hours on my X right now. I can't say that it's very accurate though, as most of it is breeding and if I get bored, I'll just leave my game idle while I browse something online or go for a snack. I did spend a lot of time before beating the game too though, exploring and playing in Amie.

Years
Now I have ~172 hours in my main copy of X and a complete National Dex. =) But i'm taking a break from the game now before I really start trying to get some shinies.

Fayriee

I had over 600+ hours logged into Y by the end of December before I finally put it down and started playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf again; in which I have 700+ hours logged. :x

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
Years
I would say for me working roughly 40 hours a week, and having a 3 year old son, X has been pretty freaking addicting, almost any free time i have goes to playing this game! My fiancee has gotten on me twice since i have bought X, and she is usually pretty lenient when i get a new game as she knows how i am, lol. I had the Elite Four beaten by 12/30/13 and purchased the game on 12/11, but like i said i work 5 1/2 days out of the week, and took Xmas week off to go visit family, so really it was more like a weeks worth of playing, wish i would have wrote down how many hours i did that in, it had to be a record!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 11, 2014
I love Pokemon X and Y so much but I don't think I'am addicted. I usually get into certain "kicks" sometimes playing X nonstop for a couple weeks and then getting hooked on older generations.

I would like to play it much more but highschool is getting in the way :(

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
I've been putzing around routes 15/16 and Frost Cavern for the better part of the past week because I just can't get enough of that music.

X/Y has also turned me into quite the fashionista (yes, I do play as the girl- if I'm gonna be shoveling several dozen hours into a game, might as well do so with a character that's easy on the eyes).

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I now hit over 800 hours >.>

w67n.jpg

Kudos to you, now that's some major dedication. That's over a month's worth of play time my friend, congrats! ^^

I was obsessed with Diamond back in the day and I don't even think I logged that many hours. I enjoy X and Y, but haven't played it as much as the other games after I beat it. I've logged about 30 hours on it as of right now.

DeekBoy

Go Kick Rocks
Years
I really love this game and am still having a blast. the last Pokemon game I played was Soul Silver only a few months ago. This game really brings me back!

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
geeze >.> with Pokemon bank's release and finally bringing over my battle Genesect to add to my team (replaced Xatu), I've been battling NON-STOP!!! and it's been EPIC Triple Battle victories/sweeps/rage quits one after another xD, Genesect's my personal suicide bomber *Explodes* or best of all, Genesect can double Xerneas' Geomancy to +4 stages in one turn (unlike xatu which required a setup turn) for epic thunderbolts that can even 1-hit kill Scizor or aegislash in defense mode xD and epic dazzling gleams that sweep the field clean..

my pokemon x now reads 822 hours

Last edited:
Back