• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Imtheomega. please don't treat me like i am an idiot. it's really annoying. and you can thank my wonderful boyfriend for keeping me from flipping out.

i WILL however point out that i don't get this one problem with the animation editor (yes, the one that came in the sk.) because i have actually used the search button and found the answer in this forum a long time ago. (used a search button? to find an answer? how strange!)

go to the editor in the RMXP, set the bitmaps for all the animations there, save, go to the SK animation editor, and the problems are gone!

also, you can share the animations by putting the Data/PkmnAnimations.rxdata file up for people to download (along with the graphics for the animations) you can transfer them just like a tileset using the normal animation editor, you just need to use the sk animation editor to make the pokemon flash during the animation, that's actually the sk animation editors only real reason for existing. making the pokemon flash. (like how a pokemon blinks white when hit).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I have made some fixes to the animation editor today and added a function for importing and exporting individual animations, which will be saved as text files.

Years
Imtheomega. please don't treat me like i am an idiot. it's really annoying. and you can thank my wonderful boyfriend for keeping me from flipping out.

i WILL however point out that i don't get this one problem with the animation editor (yes, the one that came in the sk.) because i have actually used the search button and found the answer in this forum a long time ago. (used a search button? to find an answer? how strange!)

go to the editor in the RMXP, set the bitmaps for all the animations there, save, go to the SK animation editor, and the problems are gone!

also, you can share the animations by putting the Data/PkmnAnimations.rxdata file up for people to download (along with the graphics for the animations) you can transfer them just like a tileset using the normal animation editor, you just need to use the sk animation editor to make the pokemon flash during the animation, that's actually the sk animation editors only real reason for existing. making the pokemon flash. (like how a pokemon blinks white when hit).

Well, u have not taken my point. I know that it can be solved by putting a bitmap and I dont see why u had to look in the forum to know it XD.

The matter is to be able to set the bitmap in the editor itself, to put a function wich ask to choose the bitmap if there is none and then to load it. The starterkit must work independently of the knowledge in scripts of the person who use it.

And dont be offended by the way I speak, I always speak like that and that's not why I think the person I'm speaking to is a child ;).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Well, u have not taken my point. I know that it can be solved by putting a bitmap and I dont see why u had to look in the forum to know it XD.

The matter is to be able to set the bitmap in the editor itself, to put a function wich ask to choose the bitmap if there is none and then to load it. The starterkit must work independently of the knowledge in scripts of the person who use it.

And dont be offended by the way I speak, I always speak like that and that's not why I think the person I'm speaking to is a child ;).

Poccil fixed the problems with it, as stated above by him.

When you call someone a child, it really does take away from the "don't be offended by the way i speak" thing.

Last edited:

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I want an item to display a variable when you use it..
Example:
you get a password, i.e 3040 (it's different every time)
and you get the item "password card" I want the item to display 3040 when you use it..
Like the coincase displays the coins you have when you use it..
I have the item ready and also the variable for the password..
please help :)
PoKéMaKeR

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Example:
and you get the item "password card" I want the item to display 3040 when you use it..
PoKéMaKeR

i agree, infact, how would you make an item show a common event?

Years
Example:
PoKéMaKeR

In PokemonItems, at the line 210, there is "def pbUseItemFromBag(item)".
U will see a lot of lines like
Code:
   when PBItems::COINCASE
   Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Coins: {1}",$PokemonGlobal.coins))
   return 1 # Continue
Add the lines :
Code:
  when PBItems::PASSWORDCARD
   Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Password: {1}",$game_variables[numberofyourvariable]))
   return 1

It should work.

Edit : I've not tested it, so say me if it doesn't work.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
No that doesn't work I get: "can't use that Item here"?!?!?
What to do, what to do..?

Edit: I changed the Item a bit and now it works :D:D:D
And I got another question..!
How to change the picture of your hero..
Like it changed clothes..?

Years
No that doesn't work I get: "can't use that Item here"?!?!?
What to do, what to do..?

Edit: I changed the Item a bit and now it works :D:D:D
And I got another question..!
How to change the picture of your hero..
Like it changed clothes..?

Well, I've done it on my game. I just use the pbChangePlayer thing. I've put Ash in pyjamas as PlayerA in the Metadata.txt file and the normal Ash as PlayerB. U can do the same thing with a man and a girl if u use PlayerC and PlayerD. And if u really want to have more clothes, u can do a PlayerE,... but u will have to add it in the scripts (look for MetadataPlayer in PokemonMap, the line MetadataPlayerA=2 for example).

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
hi poccil,I have a question. If I have 2 trainers have the same type and name the first trainer information is applied on the 2nd trainer. For example I have team magma grunt 1 , and team magma grunt 2. When the battle of the 2nd trainer starts the Pokemons and informations are the first's trainer. Got it?

here what did I write:

TEAM_ROCKET_M
GRUNT,1
EKANS,7
KOFFING,8
WEEDLE,8
#-------------------
TEAM_ROCKET_M
GRUNT,2
POOCHYENA,6
ARON,7

Years
hi poccil,I have a question. If I have 2 trainers have the same type and name the first trainer information is applied on the 2nd trainer. For example I have team magma grunt 1 , and team magma grunt 2. When the battle of the 2nd trainer starts the Pokemons and informations are the first's trainer. Got it?

here what did I write:

TEAM_ROCKET_M
GRUNT,1
EKANS,7
KOFFING,8
WEEDLE,8
#-------------------
TEAM_ROCKET_M
GRUNT,2
POOCHYENA,6
ARON,7

When u have two or more trainer sharing the same type and name, u must use a number to identify them.
That's done in the starterkit :
Spoiler:

That's the number avec the name. For the battle, u must use a condition with a script like pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::CAMPER,"Andrew",_I("A very good battle, indeed."),false,2).
The last number in this script is the ID number of the trainer. So it will be this one wich will battle u :

#-------------------
CAMPER
Andrew,2
GEODUDE,21
GRAVELER,24
LAIRON,25

I hope I were clear enough.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
does anyone know how and where to edit it where you can capture other trainers pokemon? and know how to make it so that the trainer your fighting can capture yours to.?

Dr. Manhattan

His Plane Was Built To Crash
Years
Has anyone gotten the online trade servers to work properly? I've been toying with them all night, but haven't really gotten anywhere. Just error messages and crashed programs.

I can post exact error messages and whatnot if needed, but basically I was able to get the server up until I tried to register/login, and up came the error. Since then, anytime I run the main.rb, it runs through a few lines and crashes.

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2009
I cant figure out how to get the shiny pokemon thing to work properly.
Were do i put the
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[50]
pokemon.makeShiny
end
}

thing i couldnt figure out were i am so sorry to bother but i really want
to know how XD

Thanks in advance Pok'eMater XD PLZZZ

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
hi, thanks but every time change the number from 1 to 0 after the debug it just return to 0 again. And the ice after I changed it's terrain tag into 12 still doesn't work! Please guys help me, these things are driving me crazy!

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
hey yall i ran into a huge problem today thats probally simple to answer, wats the code the checks if you have a certian item? (using it as a condition)

Dr. Manhattan

His Plane Was Built To Crash
Years
hey yall i ran into a huge problem today thats probally simple to answer, wats the code the checks if you have a certian item? (using it as a condition)

Checking for Items

The PokemonBag class has a function, pbQuantity, that you can use to check for the existence or amount of an item in the Bag. Here's how to use it:

Conditional branch for checking for the existence of an item:

$PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::POTION)>0

Script example: Printing the number of items

itemname=PBItems.getName(PBItems::POTION)
itemqty=$PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::POTION)
print("#{itemqty}x #{itemname}")

Years
poccil thanks for the kit but i cant play the game ive game ive made =/
It says script 'pokemonload' nomethoderror occurred. undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass
i've tried to sort this for a whole day but nothing works....is there any way to fix this or do i have to just give up? thnx in advance =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back