• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Preorders.

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
Nah, I don't plan on preordering it. I probably won't even get it right when it comes out -- I didn't get White until BW had been out for about a month or so. It just depends on how busy I'll be with school and work when it comes out, and when I'll have time to actually play it.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I used to play games in English when I did not even understand a single english word so I may preorder the jap version. I will keep all of my mons on Eng game and restart over and over on jap one :D

Rain

Years
I plan on pre-ordering. I'm waiting to see if cdjapan will be taking pre-orders and if they will have the pre-order bonuses included with the games. Based on that, I will then decide if I want to pre-order only Black 2 or both games.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I might pre-order in english, even just to get it in time for wi-fi events. I always miss the first ones. Even if it delivered a month late, it would be earlier than any other way possible for me.

Years
I made the mistake of buying Platinum early in Japanese. I couldn't barely play it, plus it took away all the fun since you don't understand it. I'll just wait for one I can read, lol.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

To be honest, I can't be bothered, knowing absolutely nothing about it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
I think I am going to preorder as soon as possible in English. I just finished Black so maybe I will preorder White 2 and see how that is

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I will probably preorder a Japanese Black 2, since I got White in Japanese. There's always so many guides online even on the first day of coverage, plus it's not like I'll get the copy on release date, so I'll be fine. It'll be my third time importing as well, so no biggie. I'll wait till I have enough money though, which will probably be after either Easter or Mother's Day. Busiest days of the year at my job.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm hoping to pre-order the English version of Black 2. I'm hoping to get both though it may not be possible. I can't understand Japanese so I'm better off waiting for the English version.I'm making a goal to have a job before the games are released so I can afford to pre-order.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I preordered both earlier today! I was gonna take a photo of the receipt and show it to you but EB Games uses this odd faded ink so you can't really see anything :(

In English by the way. I buy nothing whatsoever in anything other than English haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Ive bought the games in japanese before and played through Black just fine in japanese. Im considering preordering the japanese versions for a few reasons, one being that I really dont want to wait and be left out among the people playing the games in japanese already and another because I have access to wi-fi and dream world events exclusive to Japan. You really dont need to understand japanese to play Pokemon Ive found. Plus there will be guides on Pokemon sites if I need help with moves and stuff. I just honestly want to play the games as early as possible.

blue

gucci
Years
Just want to add now that I've got a glimpse of the games I may reconsider pre-ordering, with all the information, walkthroughs etc being released and having to wait another few months I'll probably get too eager to play it buttttttt I think I can last out.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I want to be surprised by this game when I get it in English, unlike how I spoiled half of BW for myself by playing part of it in Japanese. I want this one to be a surprise from start to finish, aside from what I read online. I just don't want to play any of it until it's legally out in English.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I've never pre-ordered any of the games in Japanese actually, I always wanted to wait till they were in English so I could enjoy them from start to finish like Drew said, and it's also not like I can't wait a bit longer haha, if it means that I'll just understand everything without needing guides and all that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Nah. I havent preordered a pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl. I'll just pick it up the day it comes out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'll pre-order them when the pre-order for Game Stop goes up. I'm actually EXTREMELY excited for these games. More so than I was for Black and White when they were getting ready to come out. I like the main characters a lot more than I liked them in the originals, so I am legitimately excited for them. I think Generation V is going to replace Generation I was my favorite after these games are released. :P

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I already pre-ordered it through Play-Asia, I also got the fastest shipping they have.

The last time I pre-ordered a game through Play-Asia (Pearl) I got it the day before the release date. I hope that happens again. o3o; Also bought a DSi LL

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Like Patchisou, I'm going to be waiting to pre-order from GameStop. AND I CAN'T WAIT. I never really bother to get Japanese versions to games, because it makes it less enjoyable for me. I mean, I can't understand what's going on in the game so why not wait and save the money? :p

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
Idk. I want to get them as soon as possible, but I'd like to know what's being said, etc. I'm pretty sure I could advance through the game easily though. It's Pokemon, not rocket science.

If I like what I see in the upcoming 'revealing of details' department, then yeah, I'll pre-order the Japanese version of Black.

Back