• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pok?mon Defiance

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
Years
Pokémon Defiance

Just so it's clear, this project is dead and has been dead for years.
nLhXySK.png

kfHYSKG.png

Spoiler:

jUwYR5l.png

Spoiler:

XoymYuf.png

Spoiler:

K0yvmM2.png

dVPLIIE.png

Spoiler:

JlwAgx5.png

Spoiler:

By7oQc3.png

LwP8LQv.png

Spoiler:

t1LgvgP.png

Spoiler:

Starters:
There are three starters, each with an evolution and a Mega Evolution. Luckily none of your rivals with get the counterpart, so the type matchups for them shouldn't be a problem.
Spoiler:

EBtPmsy.png

There are over 40 new Mega Evolutions in this game, as well as previously existing ones.
Spoiler:

y85BnFF.png

Playable Characters:
Spoiler:

Rivals:
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders:
Lotta:

Spoiler:

Eolas:

Spoiler:

Organizations:
Spoiler:

jCFx7jc.png

Spoiler:

G6yo3Xt.png

Spoiler:

PLEASE NOTE:

Feedback would still be pretty nice.
[/CENTER]

Last edited:

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
Everything looks great except i am not a big fan of a magic type as psychic or fairy types can both pass as magic type.

Makattack202

Years
Everything looks great except i am not a big fan of a magic type as psychic or fairy types can both pass as magic type.

Yeaaah... Understandable. The Magic type is one of the leftovers from when I was experimenting with what new types I could add. Originally this project was going to have Fakemon, and I had a few decent design ideas, so the type is leftover from that. As stated in the introduction, I did it because I was experimenting with Essentials, and also I thought I needed something to help my game stand out.

The moves of it are meant to fit more into an illusion/magic trick type of deal, and that also applies with (most) of the retyped Pokémon. 'Course, removing it probably wouldn't be too much. I admittedly don't have an Elite Four or Gym Leader representing the type (at the moment).

Courtland said:
I wouldn't mind taking the job as spriter
11.%20wink.gif

Hrrrmm. Alright. I'll send you a few of my lesser sprites and I'll see what you can do. I have the basic sprites down, as I said, and while some of them are alright as is, a few could use some touch-ups that I am not sure how to apply.

EDIT: Also, I just want to say, if anyone has a few more ideas for retypes, suggest away.

Last edited:

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
well i think lucario can be changed to light/fighting type as it can sense aura and it could be like a counterpart to zoroark.

Makattack202

Years
well i think lucario can be changed to light/fighting type as it can sense aura and it could be like a counterpart to zoroark.
Eh... I'll consider that typing. Not completely sold on getting rid of his typing, but I'll definitely consider.

Aaaand I have a few new Megas I happened to make a few hours ago. Well, two of them are new. One of them has been sitting around in my documents for a while.
Spoiler:

Makattack202

Years
Okay. So I've changed a lot in the times that I actually bothered working on this. Maaaybe I should have updated this more frequently. Oh well.

Major changes since this thread was posted:
Spoiler:

And most importantly of all:
Spoiler:

Now I need to find a way to stop procrastinating. I have so little drive to do anything that it is really sad.

EDIT: I made a support banner because why not?
mE7KuPt.png

Last edited:

Makattack202

Years
My Hard drive got fried and most of my progress is gone.

Ugh.

So almost all of the trainers were thankfully spared, but I lost about 20 Mega Evolutions because I did not post some of them online. Luckily the ones I already posted are safe. But I can't say the same about the mapping, which is a shame. I was really starting to get good at mapping.

This is why I procrastinate. I'll get this done eventually.

Makattack202

Years
I finally have development back on track, and have decided to add a progress report for the first demo onto the main post. Because assuming development is consistent this time around, a demo could (miraculously) happen this summer! Edit: Yeah. No.

But there is a feature I have considered adding: Unique NPCs. Nothing too drastic, like unique poses and mugshots, but what if every NPC was distinct from one another? What if they dressed differently, had their own personalities? It would take quite a bit of effort to sprite, yes, but it is certainly possible.

I feel that it could add a depth to many of the characters you see casually standing around, seemingly doing nothing. Some characters will move throughout the day, and others will even travel through the region as you do. Some NPCs that you defeat in battle will travel to Cafés where they can even be befriended.
This idea is absurdly ambitious, but certainly possible, if not time-consuming, and would add a nice little bit of realism and immersion to the game. But this is mostly just a concept, still. And I would love to hear somebody else's thoughts on this.

Last edited:

Makattack202

Years
So I've changed my tileset a bit, and as a result have been remodeling my maps.
Spoiler:

Truth be told, I don't really like the layout of the route, even if it's unfinished. I'm far better at creating towns in my opinion. I'll probably change the layout later on. But for now, it will do. But the new tiles do look much better. Speaking of which, I got them from here.

The Gen 5 tiles, while they did look good, felt a bit off to me. I decided to downgrade a bit and go for a more Gen-4ish style.

Makattack202

Years
Well, I think your map in V1 look better than your V2 ^^

Buh buh but does my new map look okay at least?
But I totally understand. I really like the Gen 5 tiles, (or at least the trees), but they felt a bit weird. Something about them bothered me for no explainable reason and I don't get that feeling with the new tiles.
Also I have more than one type of tree tile now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
Buh buh but does my new map look okay at least?
But I totally understand. I really like the Gen 5 tiles, (or at least the trees), but they felt a bit weird. Something about them bothered me for no explainable reason and I don't get that feeling with the new tiles.
Also I have more than one type of tree tile now.
The way you put the tree is okay
But your maps lack of details, it's too clean, not natural I think. I'm also in a fangame project, pokemon for?t ?ternelle (eternal forest)
And here an exemple of how our mapper do his map
You can take inspiration from this (not copy)
This is what I mean by lack of detail ^^

Makattack202

Years
The way you put the tree is okay
But your maps lack of details, it's too clean, not natural I think. I'm also in a fangame project, pokemon forêt éternelle (eternal forest)
And here an exemple of how our mapper do his map
You can take inspiration from this (not copy)
This is what I mean by lack of detail ^^
Ohhhhh. The details. Understandable. The map itself is unfinished. I was going to refine the maps with more detail after a while.
I haven't been super crazy about my mapping lately anyways. I'm certainly going to change it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
Mapping is really important ! Since the player will spend many hours, exploring those maps, it has to be something we can enjoy through wonderfull maps ! Details change everything ! :P
And add with this a great OST and you're sure that a player will stay in a zone/map just for that music and that map :P

Makattack202

Years
Mapping is really important ! Since the player will spend many hours, exploring those maps, it has to be something we can enjoy through wonderfull maps ! Details change everything ! :P
And add with this a great OST and you're sure that a player will stay in a zone/map just for that music and that map :P

Uhm... I think I took your suggestion a little bit too seriously.
Spoiler:

Maybe a wee bit too many tree types... But... Uh... Does it look nice at least?

Back