• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
Years
Hey,

Sorry to bother you AGAIN Christos.
I would be using the script as a base that you gave me earlier:
Code:
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x64
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 0x800200
setflag 0x64
givepokemon 0x06 0x1E 0x118
message 0x800100
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
message 0x800300
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800100
= Here, take my Charizard.

#org 0x800300
= How's that Charizard going?

However I'm afraid it doesnt work. The message "Here,take my Charizard" doesnt happen, however you do recieve a Charizard. That's the second problem though, I have One Torchic in my party when i go to activate the script and I end up filling my party with Charizard's and with one in Someones PC also. If I then go to put all those Charizards in Someones PC and go back to further activate the script the process repeats and I fill my party and have one more extra Charizard In Someone's PC. The Text "How's that Charizard going?" starts coming up after I've recieved the 6 Charizards and O recieve no more(Unless I Do as mentioned previously)

Once More - I'm sorry about all this,
Thanks,
-Davie-

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Where can I get diamond/pearl tilesets for advance map?How do you put the tilesets in the map so I can have d/p graphics?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
foofatron said:
Where can I get diamond/pearl tilesets for advance map?How do you put the tilesets in the map so I can have d/p graphics?

Ask Green Charizard for a patch. He has put the Diamond/Pearl tileset into a Ruby rom.

LonexWolf

Rated R Superstar
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2007
Two questions, which I need answered desperatly..

1. How do I change special text in Advance Text so like, for example.."Got OAK'S Parcel" is changed to.."Got WADE's Package" or something. "Obtained Boulderbadge from Brock" "Obtained Normal Badge from Normster"

2. Does anyone have a/the script which you can put in the game and it allows you to have the National Dex, because in my hack, I made the D/P starters replace the GSC ones, and they cannot evolve.

THANK YOU in advance.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
LonexWolf said:

1. How do I change special text in Advance Text so like, for example.."Got OAK'S Parcel" is changed to.."Got WADE's Package" or something. "Obtained Boulderbadge from Brock" "Obtained Normal Badge from Normster"

2. Does anyone have a/the script which you can put in the game and it allows you to have the National Dex, because in my hack, I made the D/P starters replace the GSC ones, and they cannot evolve.

THANK YOU in advance.

1. Use a hex editor and I think the FR/LG Japanese table file can be loaded, if you have Transhexlation go: Script > Load Thingy Table. The search for the text by going: Script> Find using Table. The RSE letter codes are the same as the FR letter codes in this document: http://www.4shared.com/file/8741394/9cd74154/allpurpose.html

2. I wouldn't know the script maybe Christos will. Maybe use a tool to make them evolve, maybe this tool will make it work: http://www.4shared.com/file/9794500/27cc7d81/pa31.html

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

THANK YOU in advance.

1. Search for the text you want to edit, add it to the ini file, edit and save it. You can't edit in "Obtained [item] text" the item with A-text, use A-Mart and edit the item's name and the text will be changed too.

2. Put "special 0x1F3" in the script you get the Dex.

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
Years
Thanks. Is there a way to do it in EliteMap too?

No, i dont think you can do it.

1. How do uncompress a ruby titlescreen.
2. How do you EDIT uncompressed anything? :P
3. How do you uncompress the World Map?
4. What are the ruby offsets for{In Unlz}:
Birch
Titlescreen
Worldmap
Bag
PokeGear

THANK YOU IN ADVANCED! ^___^

To uncompress you need unLZ. To edit the map you need cycloneProtype. There is a tutorial for it in help.
To edit the uncompress you need TLP.
The offsets for:
Birch :
Titlescreen :
Worldmap tiles : 136
Male Bag : 1493
Female Bag : 1494
PokeNav : 1458

The attachment has the Offsets for unLZ.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Dead Or Alive said:
How do you edit/add tiles in Advance Map?

This way is probably easier.

In AdvanceMap with your rom loaded, go to Tools > Block Editor(Ctrl + B). Now export the tileset by going, Picture > Save Tileset 1(being trees and houses) or 2(second tileset used). Then open the blocks you exported in Paint and edit them there, until done. Now go to the Block Editor again to import the tiles, go to Picture > Import Tileset 1 or 2.

Then you should have your own tiles.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
This way is probably easier.

In AdvanceMap with your rom loaded, go to Tools > Block Editor(Ctrl + B). Now export the tileset by going, Picture > Save Tileset 1(being trees and houses) or 2(second tileset used). Then open the blocks you exported in Paint and edit them there, until done. Now go to the Block Editor again to import the tiles, go to Picture > Import Tileset 1 or 2.

Then you should have your own tiles.

It works, thanks for the help ^_^.

Last edited:

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Ok, once more I'm messing with the graphics of Fire Red for my own amusement. I want to change the rival from Gary to the FR/LG girl. Uploading the FR/LG girl's graphics over Gary's isn't going to work, so I need to tell it to use graphics from another location. I've been messing around in my hex editor making guesses at what to do... first I tried replacing the code next to the offsets, next I tried replacing the pointers that Scizz's calculator got for me. (I didn't get the pallettes just the image offsets UnLz provided me with)

Nither one worked, I entered a battle with Gary and... it was still Gary. I can replace the overworld sprite but not the in battle sprite. =/
The hex editor I use is the free version of HexEdit 2.0. Haven't really taken any tutorials on hex or anything I was just winging it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Ok, once more I'm messing with the graphics of Fire Red for my own amusement. I want to change the rival from Gary to the FR/LG girl. Uploading the FR/LG girl's graphics over Gary's isn't going to work, so I need to tell it to use graphics from another location. I've been messing around in my hex editor making guesses at what to do... first I tried replacing the code next to the offsets, next I tried replacing the pointers that Scizz's calculator got for me. (I didn't get the pallettes just the image offsets UnLz provided me with)

Nither one worked, I entered a battle with Gary and... it was still Gary. I can replace the overworld sprite but not the in battle sprite. =/
The hex editor I use is the free version of HexEdit 2.0. Haven't really taken any tutorials on hex or anything I was just winging it.

You could just export the FR/LG girl and insert it directly over Gary using Unlz.gba.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
You could just export the FR/LG girl and insert it directly over Gary using Unlz.gba.
Er... I thought I said that I tried that. The sprite came out either messed up ingame or too big to fit.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
You might need to find a palette in Unlz.gba that is close to the FR/LG girl.
The colors weren't messed up, the sprite was just in peices when it showed up ingame.

I need to be able to tell it to use sprites other than the ones it's told to use in the rival battles without overwriting Gary's sprites, because that doesn't work because the data is too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back