• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Extract the containing folder from the archive, then launch the executable from the extracted folder.

In english.... ;)
Download the file.
Open the folder and click on the game.
It will run and there ya go.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I got this error when changing the frame in the options on the start menu.

I guess it either couldn't find the file for the fourth frame, or it was unable to load it for some reason.

Well, this error is probably the one being most reported to me, it happens because I missed a file in the game folder, that has already been fixed.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Alright sorry for late review JV, kinda busy. So I've got to say that almost everything about the demo impresed me. I loved how the palltes of the trees and grass fit in with everything else. Along with clouds, it really set the mood for a great game. Although the mapping could use some work I could definately see you were trying to challenge the player, so the maps were decent. I do remember noticing there were some priority mistakes with some tall buildings in the city (not sure). There was also another major bug where I guess I was a bit tired that I couldn't catch a mankey and started to play around with the options. I think I changed the font and frames. Afterwards I couldn't exit the diamond menu and I was stuck with my menu open so I had to exit the game (I did save before it so I wasn't stuck). Other than those two bugs the game ran pretty smoothly. Loved the cut scenes and the music that went along with it. I can see you put a lot of effort into this game and I can't wait to see more!

Keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
how do i play this?
everytime i start it up it thinks its a rom/hack for the vba
help please!

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
@trelaser319: Look, It's straight forward:

You have to open the map POKEMON URANIUM BETA 1.0. Afterwards you have to click two times on a yellow/black button wich is called "GAME".
Your game should start. Remember: This game is not a hack. You do not play it with vba.

Just click on the "GAME" button. Alright? (PS: It is really helpful to READ the thread and the replies to your question.)

@JV, I love how the game is going and ofcourse I didn't mean where to get Palji, but where to get pahar. lol XD

But were and when do you get pahar??

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Alright sorry for late review JV, kinda busy. So I've got to say that almost everything about the demo impresed me. I loved how the palltes of the trees and grass fit in with everything else. Along with clouds, it really set the mood for a great game. Although the mapping could use some work I could definately see you were trying to challenge the player, so the maps were decent. I do remember noticing there were some priority mistakes with some tall buildings in the city (not sure). There was also another major bug where I guess I was a bit tired that I couldn't catch a mankey and started to play around with the options. I think I changed the font and frames. Afterwards I couldn't exit the diamond menu and I was stuck with my menu open so I had to exit the game (I did save before it so I wasn't stuck). Other than those two bugs the game ran pretty smoothly. Loved the cut scenes and the music that went along with it. I can see you put a lot of effort into this game and I can't wait to see more!

Keep it up!

I'm glad you liked the demo, thats special for me, since I'm also a fan of your game x]. Anyways I'm fixing all the bugs related to menu, which is the most bugged part of the game since it's probably the most complicated event system etc. Well, these annoying priority ones are also being fixed as I progress. I wonder if you finished it, somehow, most people are thinking it ends in the first gym, but it doesn't =/.

@trelaser319: Look, It's straight forward:

You have to open the map POKEMON URANIUM BETA 1.0. Afterwards you have to click two times on a yellow/black button wich is called "GAME".
Your game should start. Remember: This game is not a hack. You do not play it with vba.

Just click on the "GAME" button. Alright? (PS: It is really helpful to READ the thread and the replies to your question.)

@JV, I love how the game is going and ofcourse I didn't mean where to get Palji, but where to get pahar. lol XD

But were and when do you get pahar??

Well, thx for the compliment, you will be able to catch Pahar in the route after the end of the demo (in that case Comet Cave). You will have to wait a lil bit =p. By the way, I have to add that guide of yours to the read me...

@Wichu: thanks for explining him as well ^^.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well, I don't want to see this in the second page and also, it's the right time for a update =].

Last week, a great tile artist pmed me saying how he liked Uranium and all and offered his services to make the buildings tiles for the game. That person is Dew, and as you all probably know, he has a public set of revamped Hoenn buildings. Here is a bit of the progress:

capture006-3.png

Thats Moki Town, there you can see new Professor Bamb'o lab and also the player's house.

capture007-3.png

A random house in the middle of route 01.

capture008-2.png

Houses in a still to be revealed town.

capture009-2.png

Buildings in the city right after Comet Cave (where the demo ends).

I hope you all liked them, criticizing is appreciated.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well guys, pretty much just giving a bump on the thread, sry for not tgeeting on here so much lately, I'm pretty busy with life, just got into holidays etc, I'll be back to normal soon! So keep commenting, also just so everyone knows (including Neo!), I want Uranium to at least get into the finals of the game of the year! Raptor is probably gonna win, but I don't see any game here that can take the second place from us! Also, since Raptor already won last year, maybe we have a chance xD.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well guys, I'll tell you a truth. I'm totally annoyed by how Uranium is doing in the GoTY, I don't think that the current situation is next to decent and deserved. I and the rest of the team (at the moment only Zeph and Dew) discussed about what could made difficult for people to start liking Uranium, and we concluded it was the tiles as a whole.
Tiles are the first thing people see in a game, through the screenshots and also what will make them interested in reading/seeing the rest of the game. So to gather some sympathy among you, we decided to revamp pretty much everything tile related, since I want to get out of this situation, I'll give now a couple of screens showing what I'm talking about:

1zguj9v.png

2a4xy7n.png

So, yes, I hope you understand what I was talking about, now go to the Game of the Year thread and Vote for Uranium :)!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Those screens with those tiles definetly look awesome JV your team did great work on them. Keep it up! *you got more votes than me lmao*

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hey guys, here is a little update for you =).

et5pnc.png

As you can see, thats another screen of the revamped route 01, also showing one of the houses Dew made for Uranium =].

a9pk5d.png

That one is quite cool isn't it xD. Thats a new menu for the game, now made through scripts. It has a pretty design and doesn't take the whole screen, which I think is cool. Btw, the mini sprites are animated ^^. Please, comment and don't let this thread go to the second page xD.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
Wow the tiles look great!
The grass looks a bit out of place though.
Also maybe redo some the fakemon sprites... some look really wierd.
Love the new menu.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I'm pretty sure it's not the tiles, as I think they're plenty good as is. The problem I see is what Pika'chu500 just said - some of the Fakemon sprites just look reeeeeeally lackluster (e.g., Gararewl, Fartog (one of the eyes looks crooked), the Owten line, Chynmunk (doesn't look quite Pokemoney enough), and the Eletux line (they look like a bunch of mutated Lanturns)). Has any official art been done for them, yet? If you had them created as sprites without the art first, then that might be why.

Some of the Fakemon names are a bit weird, too (Gararewl, Electruxo, Eshowten, etc.).

Long story short, NOT the tiles.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I'm pretty sure it's not the tiles, as I think they're plenty good as is. The problem I see is what Pika'chu500 just said - some of the Fakemon sprites just look reeeeeeally lackluster (e.g., Gararewl, Fartog (one of the eyes looks crooked), the Owten line, Chynmunk (doesn't look quite Pokemoney enough), and the Eletux line (they look like a bunch of mutated Lanturns)). Has any official art been done for them, yet? If you had them created as sprites without the art first, then that might be why.

Some of the Fakemon names are a bit weird, too (Gararewl, Electruxo, Eshowten, etc.).

Long story short, NOT the tiles.

*Sudden defensiveness!

...rereads post...*

Okay, I'm ready. xD Actually, there are explanations for everything you're complaining about, as it happens.

On the sprites: Gararewl has been corrected... I think? Whatever the case, it isn't one of my better sprites; I'll take a look at it though and see if it can't be improved. And Fartog is one of Zorin's earlier ones, too, and besides it's easily fixed. Owten has been revamped since. Chyinmunk was made by a different spriter (PichuK) so the style is slightly different from the rest of them; I'll consider revamping it. Eletux line has also been re-done since the versions you see in the thread, iirc (by the highly talented -Smash, to boot). And I like Eletux's design D: Lanturn is one of the coolest and least-well-known Pokemon out there; you can say the Eletux line is closely related to the Chinchou line if you like. (actually, that's a good idea. I'll edit that into their dex entry.)

But argh argh Sprites before art! Sprites before art! Spritesbeforeart spritesbeforeAAAARGH!! This is pretty much my berserk button; people that believe that games need to have official art of the fakemon before they're sprited; it STAGNATES game progress and people get NOTHING done and AAAAARGH. So, no, there is no official Sugimori art of the starters (unless you count some larger pixel arts of them). And there won't be, probably. But I do plan my designs in advance-- I draw them out on paper beforehand. Heck, you'll be able to read about my fakemon-designing process in my article for GDW, if you are so inclined.

Some of the names are from the early days of the project, which is why they seem amateur; however, we've rather grown attached to them. :< (also, they are sometimes derived from portuguese words, which might be why they sound foreign.)

bilkev

The Pokemon™ B/D creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Quite the project but after I test the demo!
I hope someday to have a project such as yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back