• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I currently started re-reading the Maximum Ride series just to remember how it all went. :<

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I'm taking finals all this week, so hardcore reading has been put on hold for now. Before I started finals though, I was in the middle of Catch-22 which I love :) I can't wait to finish it.

After Catch-22 the ones on my list are: Brave New World and A Frolic of His Own.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Currently reading Witch & Wizard. Not that bad so far, not that bad. I'll see how it turns out later :o

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I'm currently reading two books at the moment:

1. Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse - This book is pretty amazing. So far it's the third in the series and the character development is starting to rise. I'm about three quarters of the way through it and I can't wait to see the ending (which I currently have a prediction of in my mind - let's hope I'm correct!)
  2. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Re reading a classic and loving it.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I'm currently reading two books at the moment:

1. Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse - This book is pretty amazing. So far it's the third in the series and the character development is starting to rise. I'm about three quarters of the way through it and I can't wait to see the ending (which I currently have a prediction of in my mind - let's hope I'm correct!)

Dang cant remember the ending xD just finish the series, its really good.

Well I finished
  • Hero's of Olympus: The Lost Hero
  • The Kane Chronicals: The Red Pyramid
and I already finish all of Percy Jackson.
So Im about to pick up
  • The Kane Chronicals: The Throne of Fire
So pretty much Rick Riordan.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
The Diary of Anne Frank, mainly for school. Though I don't mind, I watched the movie (in color!) and it was pretty touching, so I'd only expect the real diary to be just as good.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Umm, I'm trying to read "Brave New World" but my friend is pressuring me to read Hunger Games series and Pendragon <--- I don't like that one.
So I'm reading Catching Fire

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Starting to re-read the Harry Potter series before the new movie comes out. Let's see if I can beat the record I had in elementary school. (Finished the whole series in 5 days :x)

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I'm still reading Catch-22 but for Mother's Day, I got my mom all her books she wanted but one since it wasn't available. So to make up for it I got her Water for Elephants since Robert Pattinson is starring in the movie and she loves him :| that book is last on her to-read list and I've been meaning to read it for a few months now, so I helped myself to it :'D

I'm more than halfway done and I started last night, it's great. Catch-22 won't even notice I read another book by time I have this finished ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
I'm reading quite a few books right now. I'm reading Nineteen Eighty-Four, Brave New World, and Neuromancer.

In school we're reading Of Mice and Men, which I already had to read last year in school and wish I didn't have to read again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I'm reading the New Jedi Order series (darn you star wars, I'm just too addicted) and I'm up to Agents of Chaos 1 - Hero's Trial

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
I'm reading quite a few books right now. I'm reading Nineteen Eighty-Four, Brave New World, and Neuromancer.

In school we're reading Of Mice and Men, which I already had to read last year in school and wish I didn't have to read again.

That's pretty cool. Nineteen Eighty-Four and Brave New World are two of my favorite novels. I'll have to check out Neuromancer. Is it another dystopian?
Shame to hear you don't like Of Mice and Men. It was the best book I read in High School, next to Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

OT: I'm reading a Music Theory book. Lame post, I know, but there hasn't been any books i've wanted lately.
I'm thinking of picking up Catch-22 and Slaughterhouse Five. They're always in the recommended sections on books I like, so they must be good.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Madame Doubtfire. I know, I have low standards for a 13 (soon to be 14) year old boy. Its for literature subject for school. I wouldn't bother reading anyway...

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
It's not a book that I am currently reading but rather a book that I wrote called Drylor The First Artifact. It follows a young half-elf named Von whom suffers amnesia and slowly struggles to regain his memory throughout the book. Each time he remembers something from the past he realizes it was all a lie and is sent back to square one.

As he regains his memory he learns that his brother has been corrupted by his own powers and is set on massacring the innocent people of Drylor, the world the book takes place in. Von, the only other person on Drylor with powers like his brother's knows only he can stop him.

As Von's memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only one who can protect Drylor—a world that abandoned him—from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet from annihilating the only world they have ever known.

If any of you guys are avid fantasy readers then you might be interested in checking it out. You can find it for sale through Amazon, Barnes and Noble or any other major online book retailers! =D

Years
^
Spoilers

I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I like his stuff, mostly. Sometimes he incorporates some really unlikeable characters and squicky elements and this book has a little of that, but overall it's interesting and well written and mysterious enough to keep me hooked.

Years
I'm starting to re-read Cujo, i only got half way through lat time before i got distracted by Super Mario Galaxy ¬.¬
I really want to finish it this time :D It was an awesome book and it really sucked me in.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I started Looking for Alaska by John Green last night. I've followed vlogbrothers on Youtube for about half a year now and when I was in the States last month, I found a book by him in the bargain section of a bookstore so ever since I've been trying to read whatever I can find. I finished up An Abundance of Katherines the other day and loved it and I think this is the last one my library network has by him. :P I'm about halfway through and I'm not sure I'm enjoying it as much as the others... which is a little strange since it's the one that got all the awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back