• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
If you were about to go catch your first pokemon, what would you ask your teacher just before you left?

Probably "where can I find a Latias?" When I'm told that a Latias is simply out of my league, I'd narrow my options and ask "where can I find [insert weak beginner-type pokemon here]."

Afterward, I'd probably ask what weapons my teacher would advise me to use to weaken my target for capture. Seeing as I wouldn't have a pokemon yet to do that for me, I'd have to scrap with the thing myself. The answer would hopefully be something to the effect of a flamethrower made from an aerosol can and a lighter, but would probably be more mundane, like a stick or pillow case filled with rocks. You know, a weapon a (slightly deranged) ten-year-old would use (assuming this character is ten).

And now I am once again ostracized for probably being one of the few other people here in the minority that is a writer, but is not going for a Liberal Arts degree.

I'm majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Welcome to wtf land.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Welcome to wtf land.
You were the only other one I could think of to keep me company in wtf land.

I hope wtf land is like Bella's mind in Twilight. =D

txteclipse, let's go explore wtf land. That would be an EPIC adventure!

Seeing as I wouldn't have a pokemon yet to do that for me, I'd have to scrap with the thing myself.
Have a manly cuff fight with the beast. No hitting below the belt, of course. You're gentlemen. Ten paces, back-to-back. First one to wince loses.

Okay. I need to go to bed. x.x

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I hope wtf land is like Bella's mind in Twilight. =D
I wouldn't know about that, but in response to your last statement, there are unfortunately no beds in wtf land. Not a problem for an insomniac like me, but I can see how it might pose a problem for others. You could always use a giant mushroom (apparently there's some here, and they're delicious. Interesting side effects, though. Were you always that shade of triangle? Wtf. Literally. /epic aside).

Have a manly cuff fight with the beast. No hitting below the belt, of course. You're gentlemen. Ten paces, back-to-back. First one to wince loses.
What if it's a female? Or has ranged attacks? No way I'm scuffling with something that can use Thunderbolt or the like without something more hefty than my fists.

And wincing doesn't count. Unconsciousness would ensure a capture, or that I tried my hardest if I'm the one getting my clocks cleaned. Of course, I might be pokechow at that point, but hey. This is all hypothetical, right? ...Right?

Oh...I forgot you don't like over-analyzing this canon. My bad. -_-'

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
And now I am once again ostracized for probably being one of the few other people here in the minority that is a writer, but is not going for a Liberal Arts degree.
Hey, there's me too. Computer Science all the way! I don't think I could stand making a career of writing, especially considering how little I actually write. And how much of that is fanfiction. <_<

As for WTF land... Oh, I am so already there, and all of you except Astinus probably don't even know the half of it. My life and interests are so far-gone into the realms of WTF by now that I've just given up any hope of ever being normal and accepted it.

If you were about to go catch your first pokemon, what would you ask your teacher just before you left?
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum. You got any?"

Can't go around kicking those Pokémon asses without any gum, of course! :D

...Or maybe: "So wait, what, you're just sending me out there against bloodthirsty monsters conjured from the depths of Hades without anything to defend my own being with? Can I at least have a nine-mil or something? Sheesh!"

Also, Buoysel, your avatar...if only you had had it a few days ago when we had the whole gun thing going on. :D

txteclipse

The Last
Years
As for WTF land... Oh, I am so already there, and all of you except Astinus probably don't even know the half of it. My life and interests are so far-gone into the realms of WTF by now that I've just given up any hope of ever being normal and accepted it.

Hmm...I don't know about that. I have some fairly exotic tastes, and I'm one of the strangest people you'll ever meet when it comes to interests. I'm the only person I know that was seriously considering upwards of seven majors when picking a college: five strains of engineering, English, and graphic art, which are about as far apart as is conceptually possible.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I used to live in WTF land, but then I realized that all I really wanted to do was go into the humanities. So I chose a Lit. major because you really end up with history, writing, and a little philosophy all tied into it.

It helps that I'm a math hater.

One upon a time I wanted to be a mad scientist...

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Well, at least you people go for degrees that have some jobs in the future. I, for one, will be a biologist and probably major in either genes or ethology. Gene researchers have a fair amount of open jobs but really, have you ever even heard of an ethologist that gets paid?

I'll be the one to sum up this whole WTFery by sitting in a wet forest for days and watch what my trained laboratory rats do in the wild. Then, I'll write a study about it and maybe get it published in a magazine no-one reads. In the end, I never got any money from what I did but instead ended up with a nasty cold and lost all my beloved rats except for the one that was smart (or stupid) enough to stay with me for food.

Then again, I'm going to be a novel writer, too, if only I'm good enough. But I have to be. I want to be. Of course I won't be writing fanfiction, but I don't think writing is ever useless. I won't even be writing in English and I doubt I'll ever be good enough to translate my own stuff. Or, well, maybe I will. You never know. That's why I'd really appreciate if people would give me the harshest reviews there has ever been. I have to be good!

Anyway, in the future, I'll never have any money ^-^

Aw yeah. Closing down supermarkets and ghetto restaurants. Best job ever.
You'll be like the super mod of the world or something. In a way, that sounds really awesome. Then again, you'll probably have half of the world's criminals after you when you close down the wrong ghetto restaurant and then you'll have to flee for all eternity, making more enemies by closing down more places as you go. Then, you'll set camp under a mushroom and send a daily letter complaining about the humidity and smell of the mushroom to your boss and not before long they'll get you back and assign you two bodyguards who shoot anything that moves.
So, you'll be fine!

I, on the other hand, will most probably have an eternal flu and all my friends will be rats and I won't have any money and no-one will read my novels, mostly because rats can't read. What a bright future! :laugh:

On the subject of the first catch -thing:

Of course, I might be pokechow at that point, but hey. This is all hypothetical, right? ...Right?

What if this school assignment was made to get rid of all the worthless kids who can't be trainers anyway? You know, to get unfitting material out of the way to give room to those who can really succeed. And also, this assignment could be so that the Pokémon of the nearby areas would get food and thus their population would prosper... It's a cruel world anyway, so why not..? :badsmile:
I'm joking of course. That'd be an interesting approach in a fic, though...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years

On the subject of the first catch -thing:

What if this school assignment was made to get rid of all the worthless kids who can't be trainers anyway? You know, to get unfitting material out of the way to give room to those who can really succeed. And also, this assignment could be so that the Pokémon of the nearby areas would get food and thus their population would prosper... It's a cruel world anyway, so why not..? :badsmile:
I'm joking of course. That'd be an interesting approach in a fic, though...

Never though of that, but it does sound interesting, (maybe next time) but not how this fic is going to happen, sorry.

Also, Buoysel, your avatar...if only you had had it a few days ago when we had the whole gun thing going on. :D

Yeah, I was looking for something funny, but I was to late for that topic.

Bay

Years
Well, I'm studying Business Admnistration but not sure which concentration I want to choose yet (before Finance, but after the economic problem in the US and also because my Finance class is hard, not so sure...XD; ). On the one hand I'll be able to have job oppurtunities, but on the other hand I might end up in a company like Enron...XD;

So yeah, you guys are better off than me. XD

As for my interests, some I keep quiet from my friends, although I have a couple friends that already know I"m into anime, so I'm fine. XD

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Sine everyone is telling their dream jobs

I'm going to college for Meteorology, and Photography. How I got mixed up in Pokemon Fan Fiction, I have no idea.

Oh that's right, (stupid english class)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Since I didn't always want to be a state health inspector, I also wanted to be:

a veterinarian
an author
a hobo
an astronomer
a bottom-rung grocery store employee (which is what I am now)
a champion bacon-eater

As one can see, I go from having periods of high dreams, to just wanting to do whatever.

Bacon-eater would be fun though. Get to travel the world and not do real work!

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
a veterinarian
an author
a hobo
an astronomer
a bottom-rung grocery store employee (which is what I am now)
a champion bacon-eater
Interesting, both of us wanted to be hobos... Condspiracy!

What if all of my Pogeymans faint? Do I instantly teleport to the last Pogeyman center I was at?

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
As one can see, I go from having periods of high dreams, to just wanting to do whatever.
Funny, I have high dreams all the time and yet I never wanted to do anything for living. My dreams go like this:
I'll be an author -> I'll write a bestseller -> I'll spend 10 years doing nothing -> I write something really philosophical -> I get a Nobel prize -> I never do anything again.
(That's not going to happen, not even hypothetically, though, because fantasy books never become real bestsellers... Nor do they get Nobel prizes!)
Or:
I'll be a biologist -> I'll get a Nobel prize 3 years after I've started doing research on genes -> I do nothing for the rest of my life.
(That's not going to happen either. Nobels come, like, 50 years after you've actually done something so that all the researchers are already dead except for one and so that one gets to keep all the money and all the fame.)

As you can see, I've set my goals pretty high.
...I'll die a self-induced death after failing everything I ever tried to do, including having children.

Actually, I rather think I'm going to write a crappy book, get it published, blame "the system" when no-one buys it and then live happily on...

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years
... because fantasy books never become real bestsellers...
Harry Potter and Inheritance say "hi."

It's more accurate to say "fantasy books never win the Nobel prize." At least, not to my knowledge.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I'll be a biologist -> I'll get a Nobel prize 3 years after I've started doing research on genes -> I do nothing for the rest of my life.
(That's not going to happen either. Nobels come, like, 50 years after you've actually done something so that all the researchers are already dead except for one and so that one gets to keep all the money and all the fame.)

That's all part of the creative process: you just need to take precautions to ensure that you're the last one alive. Murdering Taking care of people does, in fact, involve a high level of creative genius.

Anywhy (I'm cycling through every word in the English language beginning with "w" for the end of this phrase), I have wanted to be an M.E. since tenth grade. Before that I knew I wanted to be in something science-ish.

Last edited:

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Harry Potter and Inheritance say "hi."

Inheritance being the one Cristopher Paolini wrote? I don't know the English names for many book series...
Well, yeah. There just aren't that many fantasy books on the Top [insert a number between 10 and 500] lists. They're pretty much thrillers, romance and detective stories. At least that's the case here. And, I have to say, I've never heard of a Finnish fantasy writer who would've become a global success.
I guess I have to be the first one, then... *smirk*

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years
Inheritance being the one Cristopher Paolini wrote? I don't know the English names for many book series...

Correct. Anyway, I suppose it depends to an extent where you are and exactly what bestseller list you're looking at, but fantasy has become a rather large market force in recent times, especially in terms of YA fiction... though it's creeping into more "mainstream" or adult realms as well.

Bay

Years
Well, yeah. There just aren't that many fantasy books on the Top [insert a number between 10 and 500] lists. They're pretty much thrillers, romance and detective stories. At least that's the case here. And, I have to say, I've never heard of a Finnish fantasy writer who would've become a global success.
I guess I have to be the first one, then... *smirk*

Hey, hey, hey, I like thrillers and detective stories. XD

And you just might, An. ;)

As for me into fanfiction even though I'm a business major...writing skills is one good thing to have, so yeah. XD At my school, if you decide to go to marketing, you can actually take a couple creative writing classes and it'll count towards that concentration. The only problem is I would have to take a couple prerequsite classes first. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back