• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Order and Chaos

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
So I've been watching your game progress in the shadows for quite a while now. I must admit you have progressed quite a bit on the visuals of your game. The maps from what I can see in the screenshots seem fairly well done and the graphics at first didn't I wasn't fond of but over time they have grown on me. Keep up the work and hope to see you progress further.

Read the first line of the thread...
"Please note this is not a remake or a ROM hack, this is made with RMXP"

Thanks. This game has been rather overshadowed by others in the showcase but I believe that this is more unique (graphically) as most of the others in the showcase (Pokemon raptor, island, reborn, etc) use gen III graphics and this uses a blend of IV and V.

This looks epic! What engine was this made with? Just curious...

Thanks. If you read the first line, just under the logo, on the opening post you'll know that the engine is RMXP.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
I've been very curious on how you will put Mega Evolution mechanic in? Since we know how it work now. Are you using it just as forms or custom script?

Rayquaza.

Years
I've been very curious on how you will put Mega Evolution mechanic in? Since we know how it work now. Are you using it just as forms or custom script?

The plan currently is to use a mixture of both a script that affects the formes of mega-pokemon only in battle. I just need a functioning script that works with a button on the battle interface. Although my scripting knowledge is very restricted.

Oh wow, looking good.
Are you still working on this one?

Yup, of course. I just need to find time for it and, although that means the progression is slow, I still plan on releasing a demo soon.

UPDATE: 21/10/2013

New footage of Pokémon Chaos.

Last edited:

Zodiac.

Flannary Returns!
Years
Loving the footage although there are various aspects of the game that I think you could improve, for one; the houses have no outlines and are BW style while the characters are Gen IV based. The bugs have already been fixed since the footage was made in sure.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
shouldnt the background of the starter choice has a green color scheme? it makes no sense that it's a grey/steel color since the table the balls are on is green
also your rival (for you at least) chose mudkip, yet only 1 pokeball is missing - you may have fixed this though i'm just pointing it out
I really like the backdrop for the VS transition, kudos
the battle scenery looks very different, at first I thought it looked simplistic and weird, but its actually pretty cool, does it change on location?

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Years
shouldnt the background of the starter choice has a green color scheme? it makes no sense that it's a grey/steel color since the table the balls are on is green
also your rival (for you at least) chose mudkip, yet only 1 pokeball is missing - you may have fixed this though i'm just pointing it out
I really like the backdrop for the VS transition, kudos
the battle scenery looks very different, at first I thought it looked simplistic and weird, but its actually pretty cool, does it change on location?

I'm still working on the change in BGs seeming as the Essentials way of setting them for maps never worked. The pokéball problem has already been taken care of and the graphics for the starter selection are currently subject to change just like the rest of them.

Thanks.

Rayquaza.

Years
Is the demo gonna be really short or 3-gyms like? Just curois about the length of the demo

I'm unsure, it depends solely on how much progress I make between now and December (if you were to read the 'Introduction' paragraph in the now updated first post).

Some other info on the demo; I may release the demo with Pokémon Essentials 'default graphics' instead of my own to ward of resource thievery for as long as possible (there's only a 10% likelihood of this happening).
If I don't take away custom graphics I may instead just passcode-lock the archive and let everyone who wants to play it request the passcode (again, a 10% chance that I will do this).

There should be up to the first two gyms in the demo but there can be no guarantee that I achieve this by December.

EDIT:

The first post of this thread has also received a major update over the past few days so be sure to check it out.

Last edited:

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
Years
Oh my goodness this looks amazing! Absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see this completed, well of course I can wait so you can perfect it as you see fit but I'll be waiting patiently for the day it comes out as a beta and then on! Fantastic work so far, stunning!

Rayquaza.

Years
I have been absent on this thread for quite a while, so here are some updates for everyone:
- The demo is on schedule
- I have purged almost all bugs from the area of gameplay the demo offers
- All that is left to do is update the events and finish some sprites

This means that the demo will be release this month so I hope everyone looks forward to its release and enjoys playing it when it arrives.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
The custom sprites all look very good. Well done, I'm keen for when the full version comes out!

Rayquaza.

Years
The custom sprites all look very good. Well done, I'm keen for when the full version comes out!

That won't be for a while. Although (now addressing everyone) the demo will be released on the 12th of January this year and will feature the first 2 gyms, maybe more. One of the six Legendary Gems will be obtainable during gameplay, you fight both your rivals and encounter Team Shadow for the first time.

Currently all the maps and events are in place but there is a ridiculous amount of debugging to be done before the demo is released.

Zodiac.

Flannary Returns!
Years
That won't be for a while. Although (now addressing everyone) the demo will be released on the 12th of January this year and will feature the first 2 gyms, maybe more. One of the six Legendary Gems will be obtainable during gameplay, you fight both your rivals and encounter Team Shadow for the first time.

Currently all the maps and events are in place but there is a ridiculous amount of debugging to be done before the demo is released.

I thought I'd never see the day. Can't wait to see what's in it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Aww darn a short demo i was getting all pumped for a full on series ;D

Rayquaza.

Years
Aww darn a short demo i was getting all pumped for a full on series ;D

It's not as bad as you think. Considering there hasn't been a demo of this game for a while (because I've kept picking away at all the stuff I've done). It'll be a little taste of what's to come.

The demo is now official. You can either download it from DeviantArt, from the first post or here

Last edited:
Back